Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen The Happening. I dont really watch movies but have got some free tickets and this is the only thing that I fancy seeing. Is it any good?

Last edited:
Has anyone seen The Happening. I dont really watch movies but have got some free tickets and this is the only thing that I fancy seeing. Is it any good?

Go see Wanted, you won't regret it. Everything I have heard about the Happening has been aweful.

I've not seen it, but every review I've seen & heard has it down as a truly appalling movie.

Wanted - 7.5, enjoyable, some good stunts
John Rambo - 7, how many deaths in one film, some stomach churning scenes
Collateral - 8, TC's a bit of psycho not to be crossed!

Wimbledon - 7/10, you know how it's gonna end, but can't stop yourself from enjoying a feelgood moment.

Wimbledon - 7/10, you know how it's gonna end, but can't stop yourself from enjoying a feelgood moment.

I bet you I could.
I can't stand schmaltzy bullshit like that, absolutely nauseating.

I really like that film for a good cup-of-tea film. Same with Notting Hill and Four Weddings....

Have you seen the Wedding Singer, with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, if you like 80's music and "nauseating schmultzy bullshit ;)" it's a bloody good film.

Try watching it without singing along to some of the tunes, similarly Knights Tale, if you like queen music.

Have you seen the Wedding Singer, with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, if you like 80's music and "nauseating schmultzy bullshit ;)" it's a bloody good film.

Try watching it without singing along to some of the tunes, similarly Knights Tale, if you like queen music.

Both good films to watch. I think any Adam Sandler/Ben Stiller/Hugh Grant movie is good for that.

I was about to say just the opposite! Another foot tapping, schmultzy feel good film. cliched, predictable, stomach churning, but fun none the less.

If you disagree,

I'll get over it ;)

thats why i didnt like it :) i think groundhog day is very easy to watch though :)

thats why i didnt like it :) i think groundhog day is very easy to watch though :)

Ahh, but every now and then, it is needed to sit down with some chocolate, alcoholic beverage and watch an easy going, no brainer, film.

If it's a chick flick so be it (Are they becoming more appealing to the male populus, or I am just getting older?)

Ahh, but every now and then, it is needed to sit down with some chocolate, alcoholic beverage and watch an easy going, no brainer, film.

If it's a chick flick so be it (Are they becoming more appealing to the male populus, or I am just getting older?)

have you seen 'the holiday' with kate winslett, cameron diaz, jack black and jude law?? thats a romcom-type chick flick and good as well :)

I was about to say just the opposite! Another foot tapping, schmultzy feel good film. cliched, predictable, stomach churning, but fun none the less.

If you disagree,

I'll get over it ;)

27 dresses is another good one, and Wedding Crashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Chelsea613
3Liverpool512
4Arsenal612
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611