Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transformers - 8/10

Really good film, some great acting and good comedy moments, good storyline (not really believable but about as realistic as you can get with this franchise), fairly decent action scenes and good special effects.

Wasn't really expecting much from it but really enjoyed it in the end, will look forward to the sequel.

plus Megan Fox is smokin' in it, she can check out my engine any day :D

Before I watched this movie I fully expected it to be one of the worst movies I've ever had the misfortune to see. I wasn't disappointed.

The CGI is excellent, but everything else about it is monkey anal fungus.
I didn't see Megan Fox smoking at any stage but thankfully I was smoking some very good gear, which made the experience bearable.

2/10 (1 point each for CGI & Megan's diddies)

New Indy - 6/10 - Really enjoyed until the last 5 minutes. When you see it you'll understand

Went to see it again last night to company my dad, the ending just angered me even more this time and I noticed that the script is really really wooden, especially near the beginning, it flows like a computer game dialogue. Revised to 5/10

Not the kind of film you should watch with your bird though if you know what I mean.

Boyfriend gets girlfriend up the duff and the boyfriend isn't particularly bothered. Well until the end.

You haven't thought this through Hazz lad, that's a good reason for watching with the bird, let her know where she stands from the start.

You haven't thought this through Hazz lad, that's a good reason for watching with the bird, let her know where she stands from the start.
There is only one reason Hazza doesn't take a bird to the pictures, don't be fooled by any bravado.

Memento - 9.5/10

Really excellent film, hadn't seen it in quite a while but bought it on dvd recently to see it again. The way the story is told is different from other films, because it tells itself backwards and with 'memory flashbacks'. It's about a guy whos wife gets raped and murdered and during the incident he gets his head smashed against a mirror and loses the ability to make short term memories. It tells the story of that man trying to get revenge on the person that took his wife and his life away from him. Plenty of plot twists and a good mix of mild action and comedy scenes. Hard to describe but I loved it, very clever film.

Really? It's the most disorientating film I have watched. I can remember one bit I raised a chuckle at.

I did say mild comedy, like where the guy decides to take advantage of his disability and rent him into two rooms and Leonard says "how many rooms am I checked in to in this shithole?".. "Two..".. "Well atleast your being honest about ripping me off..".. "Well, your not going to remember anyway..." :D

I also found it funny in the foot chase scene where he was running away from some guy and obivously forgot what was going on and it says "Ah I'm chasing this guy..." [gunfire].. "No... he's chasing me.."

To me the whole loss of short term memory thing added a great spin to the film and was the source for the kind of black comedy throughout the film..

You can't say you don't find.. there's also the scene where he gets into his car and his 'mate' Teddy is sitting in the passenger seat and Leonard about shits his pants as he doesn't remember who he is... perhaps I just have an odd sense of humour!

I'd highly recommend the film anyway, it's a bit short but one of my favourite all time films.

I'd highly recommend the film anyway, it's a bit short but one of my favourite all time films.

I'd agree with that. It's superbly written (I suggest you read the actual short story Memento Mori - it's on the web for free) and it's directed by one of the best in the game.

The Escapist - 7/10

I enjoyed it - a bit ropey in parts. I thought it started poorly but got gradually better.

Memento is one of my all-time favourites too, ive seen it aboput 5 times and that ending still makes the hair and the back of my neck stand up. So intense and chilling.

Cloverfield 1.2/10

don't waste your time unless you're an art school cine freak

Beowulf & Grendal.
Not the one made recently, but if you see it in hmv for £5 it is well worth the money.
Although I question the need to introduce grendal's dad and son into a legendary saga. The cynic in me would think sequel time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69