Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beowulf & Grendal.
Not the one made recently, but if you see it in hmv for £5 it is well worth the money.
Although I question the need to introduce grendal's dad and son into a legendary saga. The cynic in me would think sequel time.....

I also can't recall Selma (a witch with an American accent....) getting roughly rogered from behind by a troll in the original poem...
:icon_roll

I was there

The Omen I, II, III

Absolute f**king dog shite. 2/10.

How these are classed as horror films is beyond me.

Enemy at the Gates 7/10

although Jude Law is just too cockney to be a russian sniper.....

Bucket list

I enjoyed it 8/10

Went to watch Prince Caspian last night.

Decent enough and enjoyable(though they've messed about with the story from the book somewhat)

Anyhoo, mostly worth going to drool over the bloke who plays Prince Caspian(who cares if he can act or not?:icon_roll) Had him on my wrong to lust after list cos I thought he was about 19, then found out he was 27.....so promptly moved him to the 'worth wasting a tub of Haagen Daas Bailey's ice cream on' list.:icon_bigg

The Crow 2: Heaven's Prayer, or some shit like that. On Film 4 the other day..

2/10 - utterly pants - very disappointing as I quite enjoyed the original Crow film with Brandon Lee in. He's obviously dead now and they had some crap actor playing the main man this time..

Hostel 2 - 6/10 - enjoyable enough to watch, practically the same as the first film, maybe slightly better.

300 - 6/10 - again enjoyable enough to watch, wasn't particularly gripped by this, it was okay - nothing more.

Does the West End count in this thread?

Lord of the Rings musical at Drury Lane last night.

Superb. It closes in two weeks so well pleased Ben bought me tickets for my birthday to go and see it.

The set was fantastic, so were the costumes and how they did the Ringwraiths, the Balrog and Shelob.

Want to go again!

Does the West End count in this thread?

Lord of the Rings musical at Drury Lane last night.

Superb. It closes in two weeks so well pleased Ben bought me tickets for my birthday to go and see it.

The set was fantastic, so were the costumes and how they did the Ringwraiths, the Balrog and Shelob.

Want to go again!
Sounds shit.

Wanted - Awesome, excellent, brilliant! 9.5/10 (no Angelina breasticles lost it half a point) but the directing is some of the best action directing I have seen since Bad Boys. Very far fetched and unrealistic but to me that just made it better.

Cloverfield 1.2/10

don't waste your time unless you're an art school cine freak

Cloverfield 8/10

Good acting and great special effects, doesnt attemp to be clever with or have a message just good old fashion monster smashig things fun.

Annoyed at the ending though.

Wanted - Awesome, excellent, brilliant! 9.5/10 (no Angelina breasticles lost it half a point) but the directing is some of the best action directing I have seen since Bad Boys. Very far fetched and unrealistic but to me that just made it better.

Watch the Russian double of Daywatch and Nightwatch. Watch Nightwatch first as it's a story which goes from there. It's crazy shite made by the same director. Crazy, far-fetched, illogical eye candy in Russian - pure quality.

Cloverfield 8/10

Good acting and great special effects, doesnt attemp to be clever with or have a message just good old fashion monster smashig things fun.

Annoyed at the ending though.

The camera work was simply annoying and the guy with the camera kept changing personality every other sentence. He was not at all believable.

The story was also unfinished (if it ever started) and the end didn't te in with the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69