Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Smart - 9/10

I knew I was going to like this when it opened with ABBA's Take A Chance On Me :icon_bigg

It's a spoof, so if it's silliness that gets you chuckling, you'll love it.
I've never heard so much laughing when I've been to the pictures - it's pretty constant from start to finish.

I really want to see this.

I didn't think it was out at the pictures until next Friday though. :icon_conf

The Fountain - 9.5/10

Don't really know where to begin with this, I have only seen this and Requim For A Dream but I really like Aranofski's style. This is truely spectacular in every way and very very touching. It had me in tears at one point and I don't mind admitting it, but the story, effects and style are just fantastic. If you like alternative almost random cinema then this film is for you.

The Fountain - 9.5/10

Don't really know where to begin with this, I have only seen this and Requim For A Dream but I really like Aranofski's style. This is truely spectacular in every way and very very touching. It had me in tears at one point and I don't mind admitting it, but the story, effects and style are just fantastic. If you like alternative almost random cinema then this film is for you.

Will certainly give this a try.

The Fountain - 9.5/10

Never seen Pi? Your mind will be more fecked up than after watching Requiem For A Dream.

Written directed by Julie Delpy.

Only other films I know her from was Killing Zoe and Three Colours Red.

Daft film but amusing.

doomsday

rubbish 2 out 10

Felon - nothing spectacular but ok 6.5/10

The condemned - 5/10 pretty shit

Vinnie Jones is pretty funny in this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00