Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the blurb, sounds good, have added it to my LoveFilm list. Got Inside I'm Dancing (which I've seen before ages ago and really liked) and Birth coming tomorrow.

Birth sounds interesting, Inside Im Dancing looks flipping brilliant, ill make an effort to watch it ASAP.

Burn After Reading 9/10 I don't really like the Coen's as a rule of thumb but I thought this was superb. I reckon Macky might like it's take on Americans and their little brains.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest 8.5/10. First time I have watched, really good.

I highly recommend the new cinema in town though as well - well set out, well organised, decent prices in comparison to the service Odeon and Vue serve up.

Burn After Reading 9/10 I don't really like the Coen's as a rule of thumb but I thought this was superb. I reckon Macky might like it's take on Americans and their little brains.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest 8.5/10. First time I have watched, really good.

I highly recommend the new cinema in town though as well - well set out, well organised, decent prices in comparison to the service Odeon and Vue serve up.

I take it you didn't drink in the bar?

I do like it though, but the tickets are the same price as elsewhere, but you do get a lot more space, however I can't get used to sitting watching a film whilst someone eats a burger next to me!

Went to see How To Lose Friends... at Vue tonight - 9/10 cracking, very very funny. Had me and the missus in stitches all the way through.

I take it you didn't drink in the bar?

No. For the record, the screen was on the top floor.

Luckily I didn't have probs such as you experienced. However, I did have two twats who continued talking during the film - and I did give them my opinion on them. The daft bint said at the end to her friend 'I didn't get that'. No wonder! You were talking through it.

Hulk 2 - fun but nothing special 7/10

The Kingdom - 7.5/10

Entertaining but still stupid American tosh.

Basicly, Abu Hamza insites an attack on the families of American troops in the middle east, causing the Americans to send in Denzel to find and kill the elusive Hamza...... Bizzare really, seeing as he hasn't been all that hard to find in the real world.

The Kingdom - 7.5/10

Entertaining but still stupid American tosh.

Basicly, Abu Hamza insites an attack on the families of American troops in the middle east, causing the Americans to send in Denzel to find and kill the elusive Hamza...... Bizzare really, seeing as he hasn't been all that hard to find in the real world.

Denzel is not in The Kingdom.

The Strangers 6.5/10 Very scarey for the first 30-45 mins then you just get a bit used to it. Quite a good effort for a modern take on horror though.

I just could not help thinking that they could just run and hide if they really wanted to, they were only being persued by two small girls and a bloke afterall.

Wild Hoggs 6/10 quite funny in places, horribly cliche in others, ok for a laugh though really. I would love to live in the town they get trapped in, especially if that Brunette stunner was there.

Iron Man 7.5/10 Mainly for some cracking visual effectss, the part where he's having a bit to do with the Raptors is quality.

Overall a very Hollywood themed Sunday, which certainly makes a change for me. Possibly going to watch something tonight so stay tuned.

Last edited:
Read the blurb, sounds good, have added it to my LoveFilm list. Got Inside I'm Dancing (which I've seen before ages ago and really liked) and Birth coming tomorrow.

Lako, word of warning, I believe you mentioned elsewhere you cry like a girl at films, I wouldn't watch this if you already feel depressed. In it's way truely uplifting and an excellent story, but very very sad.

Get's a resounding 9.5/10 from me, loved it when I saw it first time, loved it more this time.

Lako, word of warning, I believe you mentioned elsewhere you cry like a girl at films, I wouldn't watch this if you already feel depressed. In it's way truely uplifting and an excellent story, but very very sad.

Get's a resounding 9.5/10 from me, loved it when I saw it first time, loved it more this time.

I don't cry like a girl :icon_lol: but I can get quite emotional over certain films, I tend to really get absorbed by the story.

Im not in the best frame of mind at the moment, not depressed but pretty bored with life so nows probably not the best time :icon_bigg I will watch it soon though.

Wish I could work in the film industry, Im seriously bored of this monotonous existence at the moment, probably post travelling blues but bored nonetheless.

I don't cry like a girl :icon_lol: but I can get quite emotional over certain films, I tend to really get absorbed by the story.

Im not in the best frame of mind at the moment, not depressed but pretty bored with life so nows probably not the best time :icon_bigg I will watch it soon though.

Wish I could work in the film industry, Im seriously bored of this monotonous existence at the moment, probably post travelling blues but bored nonetheless.

I got that after doing a road trip around the states when I was 18, unfortunately it has never really gone, just hanging on until I can afford it again. I said to the missus the other day, if I won the lottery I wouldn't bother so much with big houses etc, I'd make sure my family was sorted mortgage wise etc and then just spend 9 months a year travelling, coming back every 3rd month or so to catch up.

I got that after doing a road trip around the states when I was 18, unfortunately it has never really gone, just hanging on until I can afford it again. I said to the missus the other day, if I won the lottery I wouldn't bother so much with big houses etc, I'd make sure my family was sorted mortgage wise etc and then just spend 9 months a year travelling, coming back every 3rd month or so to catch up.

Exactly the same, travelling really is unbelievable, Im off to south and central America next year, saving is just the most boring pre travel activity imaginable..

Penelope - 8/10 - Very funny magical fairy tale, in a similar aesthetic style to Pushing Daisies and Edward Scissorhands. Lovely stuff.

Juno - 10/10 - Excellent, great acting, funny as, brilliant soundtrack, one of those films where you wish you hadn't watched it so you still had it to look forward to!

Cracking night of film watching tonight really.

High School Musical 3 at the cinema. 6/10.

A bit shit but I suppose I'm not the main target group for it. My little sister enjoyed it.

High School Musical 3 at the cinema. 6/10.

A bit shit but I suppose I'm not the main target group for it. My little sister enjoyed it.

You make me sick, especially how you dared to give it over a 5.

I take it you were disappointed by it then Lako?

My young one loved it and, spookily, it's just out in time for Xmas.

I am sorry it didn't live up to your expectations but I am sure Hannah Montana the Movie won't let you down. :icon_wink

I gave it 6/10 for Zac Efron alone, yummy yummy yummy I got love in my tummy. :055:

There you go, no need to edit the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669