Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad hated the fact that the droids have a sense of humour, and the fact that clones all have different accents!

Not seen it myself so can't comment.

Watched the Alien quadrilogy for the first time over the weekend:

Alien - 6/10 - I can see why it was so big at the time, but I think it has lost some of the suspense for the current generation
Aliens - 8/10 - Much better, good 80's action!
Alien3 - 7/10 - Another good 'un, like seeing Weaver in all this underwear!
Alien Ressurection - 7/10 - Was expecting another "new" version of a good series, in the same vein as Batman Forever, but was much better than expected. The tealeaf is very cute!

I have to agree with your dad

Alien was an absolute classic in its time, I still rate it now. the suspense was incredible and Sigourney was sexy. after that they went downhill.

Sex and the City Movie - reasonable "leave your brain at the door and watch reasonably attractive older women get naked" fare. 6/10

007- 7/10, some scenes way to fast to keep up, but i liked most of it. The theme song was crap as ever though.

Godfather II- 10/10 Brilliant sequel, i can see why this series is so popular.

Zack and Miri - Cracking film 9.5/10, absolutely hilarious. More alike to 40 Year Old Virgin than Superbad so was very happy.

Not a movie but I'll post it in here anyway, Frankie Boyle live, his first stand up DVD.
10 out of feckin 10, the funniest stand up I've seen for a long, long time. I recognised a couple of his gags from Mock the week, but overall I can't fault it.

Not a movie but I'll post it in here anyway, Frankie Boyle live, his first stand up DVD.
10 out of feckin 10, the funniest stand up I've seen for a long, long time. I recognised a couple of his gags from Mock the week, but overall I can't fault it.

He's on at demont soon I think, well worth a ticket.

He's on at demont soon I think, well worth a ticket.

Absolutely Duzza, if cruel, sadistic, 'couldn't-give-a-f*ck-who-I-offend' humour is your bag, then I highly recommend.

He spends a lot of time picking on individual members of the audience, absolutely ripping the piss out of them in the cruellest fashion and had me crying with laughter.

Rise of the foot soldier, 7/10. Based on true story (does that mean poetic license to lie your balls off? sorry, exaggerate!) of Clayton Leach ex ICF. Very brutal in places.

Absolutely Duzza, if cruel, sadistic, 'couldn't-give-a-f*ck-who-I-offend' humour is your bag, then I highly recommend.

He spends a lot of time picking on individual members of the audience, absolutely ripping the piss out of them in the cruellest fashion and had me crying with laughter.

That man's brilliant!!

(Talking about that science experiment that re-creates the 'big bang')
"...what a waste of money! If the Government want to see something that moves at a million miles an hour they should come to my house and take a look at my ****ing gas meter!!!"

Class!

Last edited:
Clearly some people dont understand humour :icon_wink

He's okay, but I prefer my humour a bit more brutal & fast-paced.
20 mins to tell just one very average gag about the time he interviewed Ang Lee tested my patience to be honest

He's okay, but I prefer my humour a bit more brutal & fast-paced.
20 mins to tell just one very average gag about the time he interviewed Ang Lee tested my patience to be honest

Nah, i understand he's not for everyone. He's very slow paced, and will go on 10 minute Bill Hicks-esque rants where he doesn't make jokes, but i still think he's the best comedian around to day, or the best stand-up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669