Scarbys Football Manager 2007 Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to SI's website, or load up the game while connected to the internet, and click on 'check for updates' on the splash screen.

It is an 80Mb download though, so hope you've got broadband :), and not sure how it works with existing games.

It is fine just run it and it updates the files it has to. You will need to shut down FM 07 when running the patch (if you searched for it through the game and not the SI website). I did not and it came up with a sharing violation so i had to shut it down and run the patch again.

The patch is for how the game runs not what data you have saved on it like a game in progress.

It seems to make the game more stable if you ask me.

Last edited:
It is fine just run it and it updates the files it has to. You will need to shut down FM 07 when running the patch (if you searched for it through the game and not the SI website). I did not and it came up with a sharing violation so i had to shut it down and run the patch again.

The patch is for how the game runs not what data you have saved on it like a game in progress.

It seems to make the game more stable if you ask me.

you can get a "with data" patch as well as the standard one. the data won't change i in saved games though.

FM2006

Started off at Yeovil two seasons, two play off places, two defeats in final.

Applied for Leicester position, (who had been relegated to League 1) got the job.

Finished 4th after first season at City but lost in Play offs, board werent happy so sacked me.

Now with Covscum (only job i could get), they are in League Two, £5m in debt and their best player is Matt Heath. im seriously considering starting again :)

Played half a season with Covscum had them in mid table but the board thought I should be higher up so sacked me.

Got offered the Leyton Orient Job who were in the relegation zone in League 1.

16 games left and 5 points from safety. I made a few loan signing and we were mathmatically safe with 3 games left! :icon_wink

Just started the new season after making some quality signing (A striker called Tuni is amazing!) Aim is to avoid relegation and after 14 games i currently have Orient sitting comfortably in the play off zone and only 3 pts off top spot!!! :icon_cool

Leicester City 2 - 1 Man Utd
By Bill Anderson

Leicester City rose to 4th in the Premiership after a gritty display aginst strugling Man Utd yesterday. As expected the Red Devils dominated possesion but were unable to make it count, and looked ripe for the picking when leicester were able to break. Manager Feriol had switched to a 433 formation specially for the game, and the switch paid off.

City's two defensive midfielders Wesolowski and Ghalli worked hard to ensure the devils could only turn their early possestion into long range efforts, which Alexanda was more than capable of dealing with, and leicester would prove to the more incisive of the teams. First in the 32nd minute. Ghalli outmuscled scholes in midfield and quickly moved the ball to the left wing, where the skillful Fogia, on loan from milan proceeded to run at the united defence, easily beating the right back before running into the area, and knoking the ball across goal for Vucinic, who curled the ball sweetly past the keeper. City were then on the acendancy, Maldonado constantly testing the united the defence with his running down the right and teasing crosses, but Ferdinand was more than capable of beating vucinic in the air. At Half time City ould have been further in front.

The second half proved to be a backs to the wall job for Feriol's team, Ronaldo and Rooney keeping them pegged back until the breakthru came in the 68th minute, Ronaldo bursting into the box, skillfully evading the defence before curling to the far post, Alexander saved briliantly, but ould only divert the ball into the path of Saha to tap home. United pressed for the winner with the same determination, but city's attacking force, although quiet for most of the game, would again prove superior in the 81st minute, Fogia skillfully turned his man as he collected a city clearance before launching a pin point pass behind Ferdinand and Brown, Vucinic won the race, and got into the area, Despite pressure from the recovering Ferdinand, Vucinic had the composure to slot home to send the Home support into hysteria and home happy.

Commenting after the game, Feriol was quick to praise his players for fantastic start to the season, "It wasn't fantastic football from our point of view, but a win against one of the big teams is always fantastic. That said, i believe we are up to fourth now? and after 15 games, in our first season up, the players deserve a lot of credit, not only for this result, but for consistantly performing"

City: Alexander, Stearman, Sheehan, Kisnorbo, Powell (78 McCarthy), Wesolowski, Johnson, Tstartsis (61 Guadiolla), Fogia, Maldonado, Vucinic (85 Clarkson) Subs not used: Speroni, Williams

Last edited:
Started a new FM Handheld 07 with Newcastle

First season - 7th in Prem, Semi-Finalists of FA Cup, Quarter-Finalists of Carling Cup and UEFA Cup.

Bought - Emaunelson from Ajax, Edmilson from Barca, Torre from Pompey
Sold = Bernand to West Brom, Luque to Siena, Clark released

Still on CM 03/04 with Leicester, won 3rd Premiership on the trot in front 41k at the Walkers, this season's a big-un as we have been pants in Europe and a lot of my players are retiring/disgressing so I have need to bring a load of players in, considering I am in 2019, my scouting needs to be top notch. I am considering a move soon as its became a too easier, just need to conquer Europe.

Also, I have done a VFL Osnabruck career, started in Regionalliga Nord and came 3rd, promoted because Bayern's Amateur team couldn't go up. We are stable in Bundesliga 2. Tried to get Steffen Freund, failed.

OCTOBER and early-NOVEMBER 2004- Vfl Osnabruck

Bad month October, 4 losses and 1 draw, slipped into relegation zone. Played Berghausen who were 3rd, lost 3-2 thanks to a 70th minute goal and then lost to top side Aalen 1-0 with a last-minute goal. November brought around a major look at my team selection and we won our first game in 6 matches, 2-0, Angelo Vier and Anel Dzaka with the goals.

Borrussia Dortmund next in the DFB-Pokal 2nd Round...beat Kaiserslautern and took Werder Bremen to penalities last year in the club. After that 1860 Munich, who are in the relegation zone.

Started a new FM Handheld 07 with Newcastle

First season - 7th in Prem, Semi-Finalists of FA Cup, Quarter-Finalists of Carling Cup and UEFA Cup.

Bought - Emaunelson from Ajax, Edmilson from Barca, Torre from Pompey
Sold = Bernand to West Brom, Luque to Siena, Clark released

Still on CM 03/04 with Leicester, won 3rd Premiership on the trot in front 41k at the Walkers, this season's a big-un as we have been pants in Europe and a lot of my players are retiring/disgressing so I have need to bring a load of players in, considering I am in 2019, my scouting needs to be top notch. I am considering a move soon as its became a too easier, just need to conquer Europe.

Also, I have done a VFL Osnabruck career, started in Regionalliga Nord and came 3rd, promoted because Bayern's Amateur team couldn't go up. We are stable in Bundesliga 2. Tried to get Steffen Freund, failed.

Hazzman, can you tell me the city players you had when you first started the game and who you brought etc...I like this game as well, I used to play it loads, and found some great players, Kevin Rapley, David Graham, , Jermain Darlington, etc all but am enjoying 2007 at the mo, until I start my first season in the prem with City:icon_eek:

You have name two players on CM 03/04: Tommy Wright and Tomi Petrescu are very good, Lionel Morgan from MK Dons, Paul Keegan from Leeds, Ricardo Montolivo from Atlanta (sp?) of Italy.

I started that game as Notts County manager and worked myself up. So I can not remember most of the good players.

Jermaine Darlington is a good'un.

Played half a season with Covscum had them in mid table but the board thought I should be higher up so sacked me.

Got offered the Leyton Orient Job who were in the relegation zone in League 1.

16 games left and 5 points from safety. I made a few loan signing and we were mathmatically safe with 3 games left! :icon_wink

Just started the new season after making some quality signing (A striker called Tuni is amazing!) Aim is to avoid relegation and after 14 games i currently have Orient sitting comfortably in the play off zone and only 3 pts off top spot!!! :icon_cool

I finished 4th but once again lost in the Play offs semi finals to Preston :icon_cry: Sold Tuni for £2m after getting him for free 12 months earlier and brought in some experience up front and midfield.

Started my 6th season solidly and was never out of the top 3 for the whole season. Last game of the season a draw would guarantee me 2nd place but a defeat could see me in 3rd and the play offs again. I lost 3-2 to a last minute penalty, but luckily Tranmere also lost so i got 2nd!!!! :icon_bigg :038:

I also won the LDV Vans trophy, beating F***ST 4-1 in the final :icon_cool .

Looking forward to trying to keep orient in the Championship next season! :icon_bigg

Resigned from Leicester, currently Brighton and the fans love me, as I've almost saved them from certain relegation...

Currently 18th in championship, just missed out on re-signing Joey, could not afford him, proposed takeover falls through at last minute when some eastern european businessman has to fly home to tend to his sick mother and have just been photographed robbing a bottle of diet coke from Patel's mini mart, fecking hell this game is just like real life ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669