Scarbys Football Manager 2007 Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the hardest FM yet IMO

yeah, on 06, i won the League in my second up with city, this game i'v been in the prem for 3 1/2 seasons now, cant get passed mid table. 7th is my highest finish. i have been top for a few weeks in the last two seasons, but every year i have slump which i can't beat.

its getting frustrating now.

this is the hardest FM yet IMO

agreed.

i think the tactics are the main reason. you cannot play the same tactic against every team, they need changing constantly. I have about 3 that i rotate depending on the opposition.

i also went about 14 away games without winning, i then bought a couple of experienced players and it all came together. i like little things like that. although home/away advantage can get a bit silly. I beat inter 4-1 in the home leg then lost 4-0 away.

agreed.

i think the tactics are the main reason. you cannot play the same tactic against every team, they need changing constantly. I have about 3 that i rotate depending on the opposition.

i also went about 14 away games without winning, i then bought a couple of experienced players and it all came together. i like little things like that. although home/away advantage can get a bit silly. I beat inter 4-1 in the home leg then lost 4-0 away.

yea this is one of the hardest aspects of the game the AI working out what tactics to use. howecer overall i dont think the game is to hard. IMO

agreed.

which tactics do you use?

I use 4-4-2 quite attacking...

Currently 5th with Brighton in League Two

which tactics do you use?

main ones would be 4-4-2, i have LM, RM & one CM with an arrown going forward to AM. fairly attacking. One striker holding up ball, one with free role.

4-1-4-1 defensive, counter attacking for tough games. LM & RM with arrows all the way up, need to be pacey. twoCM's fairly attacking.

4-3-3 attacking, 3 CF's, 2 of them with arrows out to the wings. middle CM very defensive

I play the same way every game (4-4-2), 3rd season 6th in Prem after promotion last year.

Apart from a 4-0 defeat at Anfeild no one has wolloped me. My assistant sill says that I seriously need to improve my squad to avoid relegation. I have about 15 games to play so have no fear of going down and already have nearly 40 points.

Osnabruck's season has started well. We beat Wolfsburg 1-0 thanks to a header by defensive midfielder Dabrowski. With a DFB Cup game, I fielded a few fringe players, we lost to third division Fortuna Koln 3-1 and suffered a sending-off and two injures. A 1-1 draw at home to Hamburg followed, loanee Benjamin with the goal.

We then played Dortmund at the Westfalenstadion with a number of player in my side connected to Borrussia, it was a time to get revenge. A superb defensive display meant a 0-0 draw. Hertha Berlin were next, we lose 1-0 at home. A visit to Hansa Rostock was another draw, the Belorussian Beganskiy with the goal. The massive game of Bayern Munich was next, we beat them two years ago on penalities in the Cup, in front of a full house, we frustated Bayern and it ended 0-0. We are currently 8th with 10 points.

Osnabruck's season has started well. We beat Wolfsburg 1-0 thanks to a header by defensive midfielder Dabrowski. With a DFB Cup game, I fielded a few fringe players, we lost to third division Fortuna Koln 3-1 and suffered a sending-off and two injures. A 1-1 draw at home to Hamburg followed, loanee Benjamin with the goal.

We then played Dortmund at the Westfalenstadion with a number of player in my side connected to Borrussia, it was a time to get revenge. A superb defensive display meant a 0-0 draw. Hertha Berlin were next, we lose 1-0 at home. A visit to Hansa Rostock was another draw, the Belorussian Beganskiy with the goal. The massive game of Bayern Munich was next, we beat them two years ago on penalities in the Cup, in front of a full house, we frustated Bayern and it ended 0-0. We are currently 8th with 10 points.

scoring problems hazz?

I play the same way every game (4-4-2), 3rd season 6th in Prem after promotion last year.

Apart from a 4-0 defeat at Anfeild no one has wolloped me. My assistant sill says that I seriously need to improve my squad to avoid relegation. I have about 15 games to play so have no fear of going down and already have nearly 40 points.

assistant team reports are shite, always have been.

curfrently in 2012-2013 season with city. won leage cup and im in the FA cup and Uefa cup final as well as being 2nd in the prem with three games to go. gettin a bit bored of winning all the time

I have downloaded the patch and yes Milan is at City :038:

We have Horsfield and Yeates but no sign of Jarrett or Glombard.

Cadamarteri is banned until November at the beginnig of the game for his drugs use.

City start with 1M to spend and 80k on wages.

I am currently 5 games in and 7th.

Signings include Manchester United youth Goalkeeper Tom Heaton for 20k, and
Teddy Sheringham on a years contract for 80k.

Fryatt and Horsfield are top scorers with 4 each.

Currently trying to pursuade Robbie Fowler and Neil Lennon to join City for a combined total of 500k.

Last edited:
VFL Osnabruck: Bundesliga Chapter 2

Our scoring probelms were soon to be recified with 4 players returning from injury and it proved the case. Werder Bremen were dismissed 2-0 with goals from Tobias Kubjuweit and Evandro Roncatto. The good fortune continued at Bayer Leverkuseb where a 2-1 win was enough, the Belorussian Beganskiy and Roncatto getting one each. It was goals galore on our trip to Freiburg, a 5-3 thriller, where they took the lead and then Roncatto got a couple before the break. They levelled before Roncatto bagged another 3 making it 5 for the match and then they claimed another one back.

It continued for Kaiserslautern, as Osnabruck hammered em 3-0 with a hat-trick in 49 minutes from Beganskiy, this great run of form leds us to 5th in the table. The run was bound to stop and it did at Frankfurt, where it was 3-0 whipping with them getting 2 penos. After the international break, (in which England didnt qualify for Euro 2008) the stadium extension was complete and the Piepenbrock Stadion now held 19772, high-flying Schalke were the first to visit in front of a packed house of 19760. They dominated the first 60 minutes until Roncatto played a lovely ball through to Beganskiy who was tripped in the box. This led to a player being sent off and Beganskiy tucking the ball home from 12 yards. With this we went on the attack 4-4-3 but no avail.

We then had a defensive injury crisis with 4 defenders getting injuries, 3 of them long-term. This meant a backline of 3 second choices. They were superb against second placed Bochum with Beganskiy bagged a brace, meaning his total stands at 8 for the season.

We have 3 more games left before the winter break and we are standing 5th, an Euro spot. In the window, I want to bring in a centre-half, a right-midfielder (got my eye on a Belorussian, hopefully a loan to permanent deal will be the job) and an attacking midfielder. The probelm is only have 600k available to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669