Scarbys Football Manager 2007 Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see!

and when i said Eric Odhimambo was good on it, im not sure which one is better. Or is there only one Eric Odhimambo on the patch version?

Yep just the one.

Chambers is also on the verge of a first team call up.

He's bagged 15 goals for the reserves so far.

Since getting in the Championship I havent even played on it. :icon_redf

In Championship with Leyton Orient and although I was only expected to avoid relegation, i was looking for a play off place. Struggled with consistency all season, with the typical routine being me winning 4 games in a row and then losing 3/4 in a row.

Eventually finished 5th and was hoping that my poor form in play off games would change. However it didnt, I won the first leg against Pompey 1-0 only to lose the second leg 5-0.

Due to the current Orient ground only being 7800 capacity (meaning I'm constantly struggling financially) and the play off defeat, I did consider moving clubs. I was offered the Derby job, but rejected it.

I decided to stay at Orient one more season and see if I could get them promoted. Currently in pre-season training, after a clear out of 9 squad players. Looking to hopefully bring some key players in and push for an automatic spot.

In Championship with Leyton Orient and although I was only expected to avoid relegation, i was looking for a play off place. Struggled with consistency all season, with the typical routine being me winning 4 games in a row and then losing 3/4 in a row.

Eventually finished 5th and was hoping that my poor form in play off games would change. However it didnt, I won the first leg against Pompey 1-0 only to lose the second leg 5-0.

Due to the current Orient ground only being 7800 capacity (meaning I'm constantly struggling financially) and the play off defeat, I did consider moving clubs. I was offered the Derby job, but rejected it.

I decided to stay at Orient one more season and see if I could get them promoted. Currently in pre-season training, after a clear out of 9 squad players. Looking to hopefully bring some key players in and push for an automatic spot.

WILLLOW FOR THE CITY JOB

I can't be arsed with FM07, so I started on CM01/02 last week - the greatest football management game of all time! Half way through my first season with Leicester, we are 3rd in the Prem, doing really well. Spent a lot of money this season on players including Nolberto Solano, Joe Cole and Gareth Barry.

Which is the best then FM or CM?

Depends, when you mean. I will tell you the story of Championship Manager. Champ Man was a game for the amiga in 1992 on a floppy with the Collyer Brothers developing it. In 1994, Champ Man 02 was made bringing it onto PC for the first time and 2 version were made with the same game engine.

Championship Manager 3 seen the first joint development between Eidos and Sports Interactive (the Collyer Brothers). This version ran for 3 years with the season 01/02 edition being hailed as the best of the lot. Champ Man 4 was released and then 03/04 edition was to be the last between the two firms.

Eidos and Sports Interactive fell out. Eidos kept the Championship Manager name whilst SI went with Sega on Football Manager. As this happened, SI were obiviously the brains behind the game and Football Manager became 'the Football Manager game', Eidos decided to go for a revamp and have failed miserably leaving the Champ Man series near dead.

So there we go. There were versions like 01-02 and 03-04 of Champ Man which are hailed as superb editions but Football Manager is the game for the modern day.

Oh yes, CM01/02 is the greatest game ever created! You could go back to that game in 20 years time and still get totally addicted to it. Simply awesome :038:

I don't see the attraction of going back to 01/02 now that you can play the superb FM07. :102:

I don't see the attraction of going back to 01/02 now that you can play the superb FM07. :102:

Same here. fm07 is far superior

Thinking of starting a new game but i want the patch for it, i have the 7.01 but Mandaric isnt on it, anyone got a site for the new patch where he is on it, so i can download it, please?

got poached from cisco roma to do a job at athletico madrid. I always said i wouldnt leave Cisco untill i had them in serie A but the board selling my best players over my head is ensuring that will never happen.

it was with great sadness that i had to leave the fans and my beautifully crafted aquad behind for pastures new. However ive taken a struggling athletico squad and transformed them. sergio aguero is WORLD CLASS!!

heres to the future. however i can possibly see a return to england on the cards possibly in the lower leagues. i love the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669