Scarbys Football Manager 2007 Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started a new game almost at the very bottom, i am Tamworth. I had got rid of a few of the older heads in the team sold off most of my "squad" brought in 20 players ( bought 16 and loaned 4) completely new squad, most noticeable player is from WBA, Stuart Nicholson. Also bought in Asaba (Who is sh*t) See how far i can go!! Played 7 Won 4 Drawn 1 lost 2 only scored 7 and conceded 3, im 7th thus far!! Lets hope i can get up to the football league!!

Osnabruck finished 4th in the table after a poor end to the season. A Qualifier in the Champions League beckons. Two players signed for next season with some youngsters on pre-contract agreements.

Lost my 100% competitive record with Germany in Bucharest, a late-equaliser from Romania spoiling the chance for 7 straight wins in the qualifiers. Still unbeaten as German boss. A win against Norn Iron away from home should see Germany qualify.

A couple of awesome players are Sherman Cardenas (plays for Columbia) and Giovanni Di Santos (Barcelona B)

They are amazing!

nicolas millan

Do any of the Leicester academy players actually come good at all? I know Levi starts in the reserves and he's not too bad when you move him into the first team, and I know Chambo eventually comes good, but do gradel or lycett actually get any good?

Last edited:
chambers comes good. it depends which patch you use im pretty sure that gradel stats changed in 7.0.2 because hes in the first team. joe mattock is'nt to bad either for a championship side.

Last edited:
Awesome, I'll have to get the new patch I reckon, I don't usually bother with them - which is a bit silly really.

sorry if this has been covered before but has anyone else found that there managerial history is completly wrong.

sorry if this has been covered before but has anyone else found that there managerial history is completly wrong.

im in to season 2025 and my history is fine some of the players history is wrong tho with missing seasons

fm07 is a wicked game after 3 season struggling to get out of the championship with leicester i eventually went up winning the prem in my second season up. i have nopw won 10 prem titles 6 champs leagues numerous f.a and league cups i also done the quadrouple(sp?) once but the news screen just said i'd done the double which pissed me off. after winning everything i decided i needed a new challenge and took over at northwich victoria who were a struggling league 2 side im currently 7th in the championship and in the meantime leicester have won 2 more prem titles without my help looking forward to challenging them for the prem in coming seasons

god i wish i was playing this instead of revising :(

fm07 is a wicked game after 3 season struggling to get out of the championship with leicester i eventually went up winning the prem in my second season up. i have nopw won 10 prem titles 6 champs leagues numerous f.a and league cups i also done the quadrouple(sp?) once but the news screen just said i'd done the double which pissed me off. after winning everything i decided i needed a new challenge and took over at northwich victoria who were a struggling league 2 side im currently 7th in the championship and in the meantime leicester have won 2 more prem titles without my help looking forward to challenging them for the prem in coming seasons
how did u do it? any tips/tactics/players?

pc or psp mate?

how did u do it? any tips/tactics/players?

i just struggled it out at first leicesters team is shit. i used my scouts and scouted evry region i was allowed setting filters to under 18's only, then i bought any that came up with a 4 star or more rating for potential ability. I played any that had decent stats straight away otherwise i put them in my under 18 team to develop. eventually i was getting some excellent youth through i was buying players for 20k-100k and either playing them or selling them for major profits.

i bought a few players when i finally made some cash most notable was eddie johnson proper goal machine from the u.s. my tactics are 4-4-2 with my wide men running forward and my right cm with an arrow pointing behind the strikers and the left cm pointing to infront of my defence. i set my right cm to have much creative freedom and my left cm to just sit and hold.

basically my tip is to find good young players with potential i got to a stage when i was still manager of leicester where season after season i would promote 4-5 players to my first team and sell 10-11 players off for millions in profit i left them with a 700million quid bank balance and once signed a player for 153million just because i wanted me an english cm and arsenal wouldnt sell

Last edited:
Im currently just about to start the 2017/18 season in the Premiership with Margate. I saw a challenge of the Sigames forum where you take a previously unplayable team and get them as far as you can. Basically you go on holiday for a year and then take control of one of the 'new' clubs that are in the Conference North/South.

Spent 2 years in Conference South - won title in 2nd year
Spent 3 years in Conference National - lost in Playoff final 2nd year and won title in 3rd year
Spent 2 years in League 2 - lost in Playoff final 1st year and won title in 2nd year
Spent 2 years in League 1 - 7th in first year and won title in 2nd year
Spent 1 year in Championship - playoff winners

About to start first Premiership season :icon_bigg :038:

About to start first Premiership season :icon_bigg :038:

Had a decent first premiership season with Margate. Finished 12th and thought I improved my team even more by spending close to £10m.....but I ended up 19th in my second premiership season and relegated :eek:

Now Im 15th in the Championship after 10 games and close to getting sacked!!.....after taking them from non-league to premiership in 10 years. Ungrateful ****ers! :081: :081:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566