Scarbys Football Manager 2007 Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently just about to start the 2017/18 season in the Premiership with Margate. I saw a challenge of the Sigames forum where you take a previously unplayable team and get them as far as you can. Basically you go on holiday for a year and then take control of one of the 'new' clubs that are in the Conference North/South.

Spent 2 years in Conference South - won title in 2nd year
Spent 3 years in Conference National - lost in Playoff final 2nd year and won title in 3rd year
Spent 2 years in League 2 - lost in Playoff final 1st year and won title in 2nd year
Spent 2 years in League 1 - 7th in first year and won title in 2nd year
Spent 1 year in Championship - playoff winners

About to start first Premiership season :icon_bigg :038:

I have done same thing as you but on FM07 Handheld. Scarborough. Started off with no players at all. Finished 16th last season, currently 10th halfway through the season after.

won the prem with northwich victorai in my 3rd season in the prem was a nail biting finish too went into the last game 3rd and a point behind joint leaders leicester and villa, couldnt belive they both drew and i won. villa drew at already relegated west ham:) into the next season and im 7 games in with 1 win 1 draw and 5 defeats i feel the sack coming on.

In Championship with Leyton Orient and although I was only expected to avoid relegation, i was looking for a play off place. Struggled with consistency all season, with the typical routine being me winning 4 games in a row and then losing 3/4 in a row.

Eventually finished 5th and was hoping that my poor form in play off games would change. However it didnt, I won the first leg against Pompey 1-0 only to lose the second leg 5-0.

Due to the current Orient ground only being 7800 capacity (meaning I'm constantly struggling financially) and the play off defeat, I did consider moving clubs. I was offered the Derby job, but rejected it.

I decided to stay at Orient one more season and see if I could get them promoted. Currently in pre-season training, after a clear out of 9 squad players. Looking to hopefully bring some key players in and push for an automatic spot.

Managed to add a few key players but I struggled with injuries at the beginning of the season. This meant that by christmas I was too far behind the top 2 teams to mount any sort of charge. I eventually finished 7th.

Due to lack of funds and being £30k over the salary budget I was unable to bring in any real talent during the post season. I Started the 2014/15 season with 4 loses and 1 win. The board then decided to sack me :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was offered the Luton Town job (League 1) and after promising to improve the capacity of the ground I accepted. Im currently 3rd after 16 games 2 points off automatic promotion.

Since starting the game 05/06 I have had 5 clubs (Yeovil, Leicester, coventry, Leyton Orient and Luton) and I'm still waiting to get into the Premiership :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

my current game is in 2023 after starting with leicester spending 8 years there getting the into the champions league then being sacked for finishing 5th which i thought was harsh.

soon after that taking over at newcastle taking them from 10th to second over about 6 years. however that ended with me being sacked and takin over at liverpool with a 260m transfer buget.

during this i have had internation jobs at england and currently turkey.

in this time i have played roughly 925 games

my current game is in 2023 after starting with leicester spending 8 years there getting the into the champions league then being sacked for finishing 5th which i thought was harsh.

soon after that taking over at newcastle taking them from 10th to second over about 6 years. however that ended with me being sacked and takin over at liverpool with a 260m transfer buget.

during this i have had internation jobs at england and currently turkey.

in this time i have played roughly 925 games

I bet your girlfriend is delighted. Oh sorry thats a massive assumption.......:icon_lol:

I started off as Doncaster who I got promoted in the first season, the Championship season was a failure finished 23rd. I struggled the season after and took on the Colchester job who were sure-fire favourites to go down to League 1 from Championship.

Relegation followed but an immediate return was in order, 2nd. A highly respectable 11th place finish and the season just gone got in the play-offs in 6th. There was a chance of automatic promotion on the last day but lost to Champions Fulham. Beat Palace in the semis in first leg, 3-2 but lost the second game 3-1. (Leicester ended up beating Palace into the Premiership via playoffs).

Just started the next season with 2 squad additions, the aim is automatic promotion IMO (although the board is looking for mid-table finish). Lost to Palace on opening day 1-0.

Just done the unthinkable; Just got Tamworth promoted to the Premiership!!!! I won the conference then won league two, runners up in league one and now just secured the championship on the last day, beat Colchester 6-0. Im so proud of the boys.

With my contract expiring, no manager at Real Madrid will ******* stay at the Lamb or will he go? Find out later.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just done the unthinkable; Just got Tamworth promoted to the Premiership!!!! I won the conference then won league two, runners up in league one and now just secured the championship on the last day, beat Colchester 6-0. Im so proud of the boys.

With my contract expiring, no manager at Real Madrid will ******* stay at the Lamb or will he go? Find out later.....

******* signs 1 year deal. Played four games: Bolton Lost 1-0, Man Utd Lost 4-0, Everton Beat 4-0, Leeds Drew 1-1 (Haynes missed a bloody last minute penalty!) Can ******* lead the Lambs to Premiership survival? find out in July, when my exams are over !

I took control of Harrogate town bottom of conferece north in decmber
got them promoted via the play offs after a massive squad clearout the same season
now expected to battle bravely against relegation in the conference I am 19th! (/24)

Currently in pre season 26/27 season with liverpool last year i won champions league but nothing else so ive spent roughly 100m to mount a title challenge. Also just accepted the job at mexico and hope to get a team together there that can win major competitions.

left leicester having just missed out on another clean sweep, loosing to arsenal in the league cup final. also resigned my post as england manager having lost in the world cup final to N.ireland, yes n.ireland have won the world cup. ive took the managers job of glentoran in n.ireland to see if i can lead them to champions league glory.

I took control of Harrogate town bottom of conferece north in decmber
got them promoted via the play offs after a massive squad clearout the same season
now expected to battle bravely against relegation in the conference I am 19th! (/24)

made an amazing signing - lee york, in january
went on a 16 game unbeaten run and won the play offs once more
got offered the crystal palace job with which was too good to refuse.

******* signs 1 year deal. Played four games: Bolton Lost 1-0, Man Utd Lost 4-0, Everton Beat 4-0, Leeds Drew 1-1 (Haynes missed a bloody last minute penalty!) Can ******* lead the Lambs to Premiership survival? find out in July, when my exams are over !

Couldn't resist playing... Only JUST stayed up, 3 points was the difference!! My contract expired. I took Tamworth from the conference to the premiership in consecutive seasons, and i managed to keep them in the premiership. After taking a month out from the game, i came back to manage Leicester City Football Club on a two year contract. Leicester have been close to the play offs two seasons on the trot. With a new ambitious chairman and manager, can ******* guide the Foxes to the premiership in his first season of his two year plan !?

just fiished first season with glentoran, won the league the antrim cup and the n.irish cup lost in the final of the all-ireland cup. got to the quarters of the uefa cup and im ready for an assault on the champions league next season

well ive just started my third season with spurs. in the first season i won the fa cup and finished fourth, and in the second i won the league cup got to the semis of the champions league and finished third. Just signed michael owen this summer so my team looks a lil something like this now

Robinson

Vanden Borre
Dawson
King
Bale

Huddlestone (DM)
Modric (CM)
Lennon (AMR)
Johnson (AML)

Berbatov
Owen

bloody hell just reading this is making me want to get back on my athletico madrid game. i spent 5 years at cisco and im now in my 3rd season with athletico, i wouldnt mind moving back home to italy or england but ive built such a strong team that im very close to competing with real, who have built the best team in the world.

just fiished first season with glentoran, won the league the antrim cup and the n.irish cup lost in the final of the all-ireland cup. got to the quarters of the uefa cup and im ready for an assault on the champions league next season

finished my second season with glentoran, champions again and made the quarter finals of the champions league. Ditched them for fiorentina now, theres to much of a fixture pile up in n.ireland and because of my being in the champions league so long i ended up playing 10 league games in 15 days. Time to win the league in Italy before moving on to the spanish league!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570