Scarbys Football Manager 2007 Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
15/706
Partick 3-2 Leicester – F
A shocking display saw the home side score two before half time, the first coming from the 12 yard spot after Williams apparently pushed their forward. Harsh Words were spoken at half time and straight away Bouazza made his mark in a city side slotting home from 3 yards, Partick added a 3rd at it seemed all over but Kisnorbo scored a cracker from outside the box. We picked up two injuries before the game Chris Sutton and Elvis!

This past week has seen Sheehan go on loan to Stockport till Jan

21/7/06
Leicester 1-1 St. Mirren - F
A good start saw Fryatt net a good team goal, but we were let down and John Sutton (Chris’s Brother) scored to make it 1-1. Even worse Bouazza got a knock and is out for 2 weeks!

26/7/06
Sutton Utd 1-4 Leicester – F
A good display saw Williams, Hume. Andy Johnson and Fryatt give city a good away win.

27/7/06
O’Grady goes on loan to Carlisle for 6 months with the option to recall him.

29/7/06
Gillingham 2-3 Leicester –F
Going in 1-0 down at half time I told the boys they better shape up they did. I brought Elvis on at half time his first match since his injury and he got 2 and Williams added the 3rd.

30/7/06
NEJ moves to Brum, the offer of 750K was to good to turn down!

Im 50/1 to get promoted. Not a bad bet IMO

5/8/06
Hull 1-2 Leicester – League
A good start to the new campaign saw Matty Fryatt slot home from the spot after 24 minutes, he added a second. Hull were reduced to ten men after French got sent of for Hull and seconds later Gareth McAuley who played his debut in place of Kisnorbo who is suspended elbowed Jon Parkin and got a straight red. After the break Hull scored but we remained the better team. Andy Johnson got MOTM.

8/8/06
Leicester 0-1 Preston – League
A poor even match saw Preston come out on top to record their second win in two games.

11/8/06
Hasney Aijofree signs from Plymouth for 100K, I see the 28 year old Englishman as an ideal replacement for NEJ. Hasney took a pay cut to join the foxes he will play his debut against Leeds.

13/8/06
Leeds 1-0 Leicester – League
Dicky Cresswell scored against his former club early on. We had close chances through Fryatt and Hume but it wasn’t enough. More bad news came in the form of an injury to Fryatt who is out for up to 4 weeks.

Last edited:
League Cup 2nd Round Draw – Portsmouth away. Its going to be a tough one

26/8/2006
Barnsley 0-1 Leicester – League
Paul Henderson kept his 3rd clean sheet in a row, covering for the injured Rab Douglas!! The goal came from Bouazza in bizzar fasoin as he crossed in from deep on the left and chipped the Barnsley shot stopper and slowly rolled over the line.

27/8/2006
After some great performances I have extended the loan of Bouazza till the end of the season. He is valued at 2 million if I had the dosh I would snap him up in a flash

31/8/2006
After numerous meetings with the board I can announce that a link has been set up with Kettering Town where we can send players on loan.

Transfer Deadline Day
Completed some back up and reserve player signings due to such a small squad!

Alan Dunne - 10K

Ash Grimes - 35K

6/9/06
Leicester 0–0 Norwich – League
Bouazza was injured in training yesterday and faces a long lay off, Tommy Tejan-Sie sits on the bench. Dunne makes his debut. It ended up with another clean sheet from Hendo, keeping Norwich out. We paid poor!

12/9/06
QPR 1-1 Leicester – League
Rowlands got sent off early on for Rangers but that didn’t stop the ten men home side score before HT. Fryatt made his comeback, coming on at half time for the injured Andy Johnson. Elvis made it 1-1 with the most amazing volley after 63 minutes! Elvis then could have gone on to get his hatrick all be it from some good saves by the QPR keeper.

23/8/06
Leicester 1-1 Plymouth – League!
Yet another bore draw, this time against the league leaders! Kisnorbo headed in for Leicester

28/9/2006
Rab Douglas will join Hibs for a fee of 75K on Jan 1st. Hendo is number 1 at the minute and I need the wages down Rab is on 5K

30/9/2006
Palace 0-1 Leicester – League
Matty Fryatt scored the only goal for city, in a game where we were far the better side and at last we get three points rather than one. Only injury came from Hendo, Logan stepped up and went between the sticks only question is did I sell Rab too early?

4/10/2006
Leicester 2-2 Birmingham - League
Chris Sutton opened the scoring in the match and his account at Leicester against the club that released him in the summer. Williams added a second just before half time. Birmingham were maybe the better team but they didn’t deserve to score two in the last ten minutes.

12/10/2006
Cardiff 0-2 Leicester – League
A match saw Leicester out play the favourites in all areas of the pitch. Matt Fryatt netted in the first half and Weso scored his first for the club. Chris Sutton came off injured!

17/10/2006
Leicester 1-0 Colchester – League
Matty Fryatt scored in the 92nd minute to give us the 3 points! We were by far the better side. Aljofree picked up a knock but we have cover. We move into the playoffs into 6th place.

23/10/2006
Sunderland 1–4 Leicester – League
A good team performance was rewarded with Elvis scoring in the first half. There are 5 first teamers out injured but the lads that came in are staking there places. Matty Fryatt added a second from out side the area, and then a 3rd, minutes later. Jon Stead scored after Big Rab parried out onto Stead’s head, but we responded well and Fryatt earned his hatrick. Elvis limped off injured in the last minute.

28/10/2006
Leicester 2-0– West Brom- -League
A Matty Fryatt brace either side of half time gave us the 3 points in our 4th win in a row. Fryatt picked up a small knock but should be OK. The points take us above West Brom into 3rd place one point of the top of the table.

31/10/2006
Sheff Wednesday 1-2 Leicester – League
Iain Hume opened the scoring for the foxes but he lead didn’t last ling before Wednesday pulled one back through Yoann Folly. On the 75th minute Fryatt ran past the Wednesday defence and knocked the ball in for his 8th in 5 games and takes us to 2nd place in the championship.

4/11/2006
Leicester 3-0 Ipswich – League
A goal from Twatto and a brace from Gazza Williams gave us another 3 points and took us to joint top of the table with Plymouth.

18/11/2006
Leicester 1-0 Southend - League
The winning run continues, but we left it late. Twatto scored his second in two games as he struck the ball smoothly with his left peg and found space between the keeper and the post. Still joint top with a game in hand.

21/11/2006
Just when Bouazza was coming back from his 2/3 month lay off he picks up another injury and will be put for a another couple of weeks. It’s a good job Tiatto is playing well

22/11/2006
Coventry 1–3 Leicester – league
Iain Hume scored after 27 minutes, Stern John equalised for Cov and that’s how it remained till half time. Half time team talk I told the boys to do it for the fans and they did, Fryatt, Elvis added to the tally.

We are top of the league, say we are top of the league

top posting Scarby, keep it up mate and the good work with Leicester. You are really making me want to start playing 07 now but im doing so well in 06!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566