Scarbys Football Manager 2007 Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those starting a new game with city, Leeds will buy Johansson for anyhting up to 650k and Plymouth will buy McCarthy for up to 130k!

yeah for some reason hes as good as he is on 06, same poor attributes and low value even though he is the club captain!!??

25/11/2006
Luton 0-1 Leicester – league
Iain Hume his second in as many games and gave City the 3 points! Elvis hobbled off injured!

28/11/2006
Leicester 1-0 Derby – League
We got our 10th WIN IN A ROW after Ashley Grimes the kid I signed on transfer deadline day scored in the 91st minute. This is just too easy, Premiership here I come!!! We got let another injury this time to Kenton:icon_roll its one everygame it seems. We go 3 points clear at the top of the championship

You are doing a lot better than me scarby.
After lying in 5th place after 26 games, a 12 game losing streak has left me in 22nd position with just 8 games to go.
The board have just given me a vote of confidence aswell :icon_roll

2/12/2006
Burnley 1-0 Leicester – League:icon_sad:
In what looks like Rab Douglas’s last game for Leicesterhe lets in a soft goal. We deserved a point at least. I forgot what losing felt like, i blame in on the injuries we have picked up. Andy Johnson thought we deserved a peno in the 7th minute so i told the press the the reffing was poor...the FA gave me a warning:098:

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw – Middlesborough Away. Boro are in the bottom half of the prem

This is just too easy, Premiership here I come!!!

2/12/2006
Burnley 1-0 Leicester – League:icon_sad:
In what looks like Rab Douglas’s last game for Leicesterhe lets in a soft goal. We deserved a point at least. I forgot what losing felt like, i blame in on the injuries we have picked up. Andy Johnson thought we deserved a peno in the 7th minute so i told the press the the reffing was poor...the FA gave me a warning:098:

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw – Middlesborough Away. Boro are in the bottom half of the prem

Cursed yourself there Scarbs.

9/12/2006
Leicester 0–0 Stoke – League:098:
We scored 40 mins, but Dicky Stearmans headed was ruled out so we went in at half time at 0-0. In the 51st min Stearman got injured and had to come off. There was a few close changes for both sides in the last few mins but both keepers were on form

16/12/2006
Leicester 0-2 Hull – League:mad::icon_redf:icon_redf
Sam Ricketts scored for Hull and we never really came back at them. The second showed a slight improvement but we looked poor and Hull deserved there 2nd in the last minute of the match.

23/12/2006
Preston 2-1 Leicester – League
Nugent put Preston a head after just 3 minutes and they should have got a few more in the following 10 minutes but a cracking volley from way outside the area from Gazza Williams put the city back in the game however Danny Pugh had over ideas and a few minutes later put Preston back in front. Things got worse when Weso got his marching orders on 33 mins.

26/12/2006
Leicester 1-1 leeds – League:mad:
Due to a massive injury problem I have to give a debut to 18 year old Ryan Beswick on the left of midfield. Leeds broke the deadlock after 32 mins from what was a great pass to Healy who didn’t have a problem slotting home. I brought Chris Sutton on at half time who on 50 mins ran into the box and was brought down, Williams took the pen and put it in the bottom right corner. Beswick played the full 90 minutes had put some good balls in the mixer, he looks promising

30/12/2006
Wolves 1-1 Leicester – League:icon_cry::icon_cry:
A lovely OG put the city ahead after 20 mins but what looks like a serious injury to Dunne meant he had to be replaced by Josh Low on 58 minutes. In the 83rd Wolves fecking equalised

I find on this game you can be doing really well and then never thrash the bottom teams.

I am top in January and can beat/draw with the top 6 but lose 4-1 to Sheff Wed and Colchester!!

I sold Paddy Mac for 100k and get Rob Jones from Hibs as a more than capable replacement.

I think I will do a review of the first half of my season...

Joe's FM07 Diary

Chapter One: The Beginning[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
The fans were against my appointment from day one as I had never managed a club before, but the board still expected a mid table finish. With a measly 100k transfer budget, my target in pre season was to get as many loan signings as possible and also raise some funds.

My first action was to offload Nils-Eric to Leeds for 550k! Paddy Mac soon left to QPR for another 80k. I now had enough funds to make a proper splash in the market, albeit with a considerably weakened defence.

After scouting the Scottish leagues I had two Hibernian defenders in my sights. Unfortunately Celtic beat me to David Murphy's signature so I had to settle with the influential centre back, Rob Jones, for 40k. Although new to the club, I saw him as McCarthy's replacement as club captain.

My team lacked spark and energy and Mike Stowell agreed with me that we needed strengthening in every department. I brought in two young wingers, Paul Evans from Man United and Paul Anderson from Liverpool on loan. I also managed to capture Agbonlahor on loan for a season from Martin O'Neil. He is probably the fastest player in the Championship and I will play him up front even though he has poor finishing stats.

I picked up two old heads next, Mark Crossely as No1 keeper for 14k and Don Hutchinson from the other side of the M69 for 1k.

To compliment the speed of Agbonlahor I searched for a big target man with good heading and strength stats, so he could hold up the ball and feed Agbonlahor with his flick-ons. My scouts recommended Teddy Sherringham, but I felt it would be a waste of money for a old decrepit player who wouldn't even last 90 mins. In the end I went for Marc Nygarrd from QPR, and managed to knock the price down to 190k. This was the majority of my transfer budget but it was vital to my long ball tactic that he signed.

A few days later I brought Ronny Johnsen back from Norway, a move that was criticised in the press because he was 37 years old!!

I was worried I was turning Leicester back into Micky's Old Peoples Home, so Joe Clarke told his scouts to find a promising youngster, and Joe Clarke ended up signing left back Tommy Spurr from Sheff Wed for 140k! He would not join until January though, so I had to settle with Darren Kenton at left back. Chris O'Grady also fecked off to Yeovil on loan.

My first choice XI was:

Crossley

Maybury
Jones
Kisnorbo
Kenton

Anderson
Johnsen
Hume
Evans

Nygarrd
Agbonlahor

I managed to convince Humey to play in the centre, and Johnsen's defensive nature allowed Hume to break forwards whenever possible. Hume also became good backup across the midfield thanks to extensive training in different positions.

I was planning to make Jones captain but decided to give Ronny Johnsen the armband after he convinced me he would be in the starting line up due to pre season.

Pre-Season was over and I started with two very tough games, especially with Nygarrd injured...

Leicester 2-2 Crystal Palace
Even though Anderson was sent off on 33, goals on their debuts from Agbonlahor and Rob Jones saw a promising team performance from city.

WBA 1-1 Leicester
They got the early goal but after Matty Fryatt equalised in the second half we held out for a valuable away point.

Leicester 2-0 Sheff Wed
Jones got another and Nygarrd scored a thumping header after coming off the bench for his debut.

Norwich 0-2 Leicester
They had a man sent off after 6 mins and then we were always in control with Nygarrd and Agbonlahor getting one each. Hume was MOTM in the middle.

Leicester 0-3 Port Vale (League Cup First Round)
I foolishly fielded a weekend team for this game infront of the cameras. It was an embarrassing defeat but their keeper picked up man of the match after a string of fantastic saves.

Leicester 1-2 Southend
A poor home display saw us lose to 10 man Southend thanks to a 90th minute winner.

Stoke 0-0 Leicester
The team's morale was down after two defeats in the row and Mark Crossley won us a point we didn't deserve.

Last edited:
7th after 42 games on mine, one point off the play-offs. Paddy McCarthy is my best player, no need to sell him. NEJ is solid aswell, contributed to me having the second best defensive record.
One thing i have noticed is the increased amount of good players having their contracts terminated by mutual consent or offered on a free because they are out of favour or unhappy, which is much more realistic....and allowed me to bring in Hossum Ghali (spurs) Jason Brown (Blackburn) Warren Feeney (luton) and in talks with Derek riordon (celtic) Come on city!

i dont even know where to feckin start

Once getting to the Premier and building up some dosh, I bring in some good coaches who know how to run a decent training regime. Really good if you can get two coaches who like working with youngsters and one who works with keepers, try and get one whose good at spotting player potential.

I do that before getting my free transfers in, in the first season.

With LCFC not having much money to spend its a must do for me. There were loads of national level coaches to happy to bite my hand off for a weekly wage at the beginning of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566