Schlupp to Brentford

Status
Not open for further replies.
already done the offical site thread ;)

Two goals for Schlupp today :icon_bigg

Wonder if he will be in and around the squad next season or loaned out again

Brentford are a decent side by Lge 1 standards. OK I know they've got Robbie, who from the FL show highlights seemed to spend the entire game backing off the Huddersfield attackers and then gesticulating wildly at his team mates when the goals flooded in - why on earth isn't he a fixture in our back four?

But Schlupp looks well up to snuff in Lge 1, so if he goes back there, it wouldn't seem a progressive step. Would we loan him to a team in our division, I wonder?

Brentford are a decent side by Lge 1 standards. OK I know they've got Robbie, who from the FL show highlights seemed to spend the entire game backing off the Huddersfield attackers and then gesticulating wildly at his team mates when the goals flooded in - why on earth isn't he a fixture in our back four?

But Schlupp looks well up to snuff in Lge 1, so if he goes back there, it wouldn't seem a progressive step. Would we loan him to a team in our division, I wonder?

As much as I don't want it happening, I sense Howard will leave in the summer possibly Waghorn too. This could see Schlupp on our bench next season as our 'super-sub'. I hope he does stay here and plays for us next season, rather than be loaned out to someone in our division.

As much as I don't want it happening, I sense Howard will leave in the summer possibly Waghorn too. This could see Schlupp on our bench next season as our 'super-sub'. I hope he does stay here and plays for us next season, rather than be loaned out to someone in our division.

I feel another period out on loan to an inferior club would be of huge benefit to Schlupp. A few games coming off the bench to no reward would be frustrating and possible confidence deminishing, just look at Waghorn.

Another season banging em in at a lower level would be just what this young man needs, confidence wise.

I feel another period out on loan to an inferior club would be of huge benefit to Schlupp. A few games coming off the bench to no reward would be frustrating and possible confidence deminishing, just look at Waghorn.

Another season banging em in at a lower level would be just what this young man needs, confidence w*s*.

Agreed but he's proven he can score against the best in that league. He put two past Huddersfield yesterday, who have an amazing run going something like 20+ unbeaten, so I'd like to see him stay. I do see your point about Waggy though and I wouldn't disagree with him going out on loan to L1. I would just like to see him tried out at this level first as opposed to shipped out, maybe pre-season will give us a better indication of Sven's plans for him.

Strikers who play for Leicester aren't meant to score regularly and set up others. They have to show pashun and run around needlessly for 90+ minutes.

Last edited:
Strikers who play for Leicester aren't meant to score regularly and set up others. They have to show pashun and run around needlessly for 90+ minutes.

As said by a poster on FT. :icon_wink

I like goals, assists, impact, victory, success... but it seems many prefer badgekissing, glorious failures, hardworking nearly-men and gutsy losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669