Scunthorpe 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted even now still. Can't believe we dominated for such long periods and only got a point. Should make the players angry for forest though where we need to win. Scunthorpes family corner was so annoying they needed to shut up.

Last edited:
Gutted even now still. Can't believe we dominated for such long periods and only got a point. Should make the players angry for forest though where we need to win. Scunthorpes family corner was so annoying they needed to shut up.

Again. i don't get this attitude. We've got a 4pt cushion over 7th place and we're playing the division's form side away from home, this is by no means a must win, I'd be more than happy with a draw there.

Last edited:
Again. i don't get this attitude. We've got a 4pt cushion over 7th place and we're playing the division's form side away from home, this is by no means a must win, I'd be more than happy with a draw there.

Stop being so ****ing logical:icon_roll

One its a local derby and the players need to pay us back for the heartbreak we had to endure today.

Winning at the City ground is a must for me, but it has ****all to do with league position.

I can understand people wanting to win because it's Forest, but I wouldn't call it a "must win" in regards to our season.

I'm starting to take the view of the impact of each game on our season and final league position, than just the elation of winning one game in particular. I was surprised about how rational I was in regards to it not really being a slip up in the season-long plan after the brief gutting of Scunny's late goal.

Maybe NP's attitude in press conferences is rubbing off on me.

Last edited:
I can understand people wanting to win because it's Forest, but I wouldn't call it a "must win" in regards to our season.

For me, every game is a must win game. If we go out and try to get anything other than 3 points from our games and take the attitude that 'a point here would be ok' or 'we can get away with losing here' then we'll soon find ourselves slipping down the table.

This league is ruthless and we've got to be ruthless to do well in it - you can't write off games as draws or losses before you've even played them.

For me, every game is a must win game. If we go out and try to get anything other than 3 points from our games and take the attitude that 'a point here would be ok' or 'we can get away with losing here' then we'll soon find ourselves slipping down the table.

This league is ruthless and we've got to be ruthless to do well in it - you can't write off games as draws or losses before you've even played them.

I would like to subscribe to the indierich06 newsletter. Winning is all that matters. Anybody or any team that goes into a match with any other outlook is a loser.

I would like to subscribe to the indierich06 newsletter. Winning is all that matters. Anybody or any team that goes into a match with any other outlook is a loser.

P.S. How much is this newsletter going to cost me? I absolutely will not pay more than a fiver a week.

it does really sum up the lack of quality in the league when we are third in the table after scraping a win against Plymouth and drawing against Scunny....

Prof Rossopants is spot on as usual for me. But this culture of Leicester fans expecting to be better than we really might be was in evidence again on the FLS last night, did Manesh (sp) a Leicester fan, describe our start as 'solid but not spectacular'?

Actually, to be third place in the Championship 18 games in and 4 points clear of 7th place I think is fairly spectacular thanks Manesh - but thank you for your support.

I mean, cock off.

Prof Rossopants is spot on as usual for me. But this culture of Leicester fans expecting to be better than we really might be was in evidence again on the FLS last night, did Manesh (sp) a Leicester fan, describe our start as 'solid but not spectacular'?

Actually, to be third place in the Championship 18 games in and 4 points clear of 7th place I think is fairly spectacular thanks Manesh - but thank you for your support.

I mean, cock off.

our league standing is spectacular I'd agree, performances are far from spectacular though....but its results that count

Away at QPR was fairly spectacular I thought.

agree, but then Plymouth at home/Reading away/West Brom at home? all shite in my opinion, and yet of those 3 shite games we got 6 points

Reading away was not so hot, I was unable to make the WBA game.

Points make prizes.

I think our current position is absolutely amazing and is testament to the strides forward we have made. We didn't spend a fortune in the summer so are in essence a developing team with the same personnel. Lets enjoy it lads we now know we are capable of beating anybody in this league and that defeats will be a rarity rather than a common occurence.

I want the Premiership as much as you lads but i'm not letting that goal blind me to how well we are currently doing. lets see how the season goes but for now i am very proud of the boys in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669