Scunthorpe 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should be more concerned about not being able to kill the game off than seeing a rare defensive lapse late on. Would like to see us be more clinical up front. We generally defend very well Next week should be a good game and a point a piece would be a good result for both sides really, but it is a derby and it's always nice to win those.

In regards to that though, we were perfectly fine first half. Fryup and Yann both unlucky. It was the whole team mentality in the second half of lying too deep which let us down.

2 terrible substitutions by Pearson today really - the introduction of Howard made us resort to the hoof ball game that led to their equaliser and I can't be the only one who thought N'Guessan was absolutely awful and offered nothing when he came on?

2 terrible substitutions by Pearson today really - the introduction of Howard made us resort to the hoof ball game that led to their equaliser and I can't be the only one who thought N'Guessan was absolutely awful and offered nothing when he came on?

In retrospective, they were poor but I could see what he was doing. Howard to hold it up and N'Guessan to use his pace stretching the defence.

Still, it adds some spice to next weeks game at forest.

Scunthorpe away always seems to be a draw. I'm glad I wasn't there.

I'd say it takes away from next Saturday's match if anything. Forest will be overwhelming favourites there now, anything we get will be a bonus. I'd be over the moon with a point, but it's game like Bristol City at home the following Tuesday that are the ones we need to concentrate on winning. Not going away to the form side of the division.

Frustrating but meh, such a suprisingly good run up untill now makes this seem less annoying IMO.

Last edited:
Just got back.

Should have won that easily. They were awful. Very very weak team. Not being clinical and great goal keeping in the first half stopped us from going in 3 nil at least. 2 half we had a great chance in the first 5 mins that again we didnt take.

2 points dropped really. Fryatt was very quiet.

Stupid post.

You can in no way blame Howard for that.

He has a point.

Goals scored with Waggy on the pitch - 1

With Waggy off the pitch - 0

Simples. Blame Nige and Howard for ruining it for us.

Last edited:
He has a point.

Goals scored with Waggy on the pitch - 1

With Waggy off the pitch - 0

Simples. Blame Nige and Howard for ruining it for us.

Your right. I blame Swine Flu, the credit crunch and cancer on Steve Howard.

I may be wrong but I think the goal can probably in fact can be more blamed on Danny G.

Your right. I blame Swine Flu, the credit crunch and cancer on Steve Howard.

I may be wrong but I think the goal can probably in fact can be more blamed on Danny G.

I'm blaming it on Gordon Brown and global warming...... And Steve Howard.

Should have won it in the first half but for their keeper. You can't blame N' Guessan or Howard, it was a woeful 2nd half performance generally and if anything the changes that were made were made too late. If we were going to play so deep in the 2nd half we should have put a midfielder or defender on. Nobody looked like they wanted to win the ball and we let a poor team have too much of it.

Should have won it in the first half but for their keeper. You can't blame N' Guessan or Howard, it was a woeful 2nd half performance generally and if anything the changes that were made were made too late. If we were going to play so deep in the 2nd half we should have put a midfielder or defender on. Nobody looked like they wanted to win the ball and we let a poor team have too much of it.

I would completely agree with all of that

I'd happily have a bit of that.

I wouldn't. Settling for a point at home against a mid-table side does not show ambition to get promoted.

We are not killing off sides. A point at a very poor Scunthorpe is definately disappointing and two points dropped

Fact is had they not scored in the dying seconds nobody would be moaning or critising the performance, watching online we didn't play badly, I think they stepped up their game second half without really threatening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669