Scunthorpe 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didnt kill them off when we should have done. End of. We cannot ignore that fact. Having that ability could be the difference of being or not being in the play offs

I'd say it takes away from next Saturday's match if anything. Forest will be overwhelming favourites there now, anything we get will be a bonus. I'd be over the moon with a point, but it's game like Bristol City at home the following Tuesday that are the ones we need to concentrate on winning. Not going away to the form side of the division.

Favourites maybe, not overwhelming. Our away form this season has been pretty good and barring injuries to key players, I think we'll get at least a point.

I was at the Posh v Mboro game today. Can we please sign George Boyd in January. He's an excellent player. One chance, one goal. We can give them Howard, Dyer and £ 1.5m, with a further £ 1m if we ger promoted this year. Didn't think much of Mboro. I think that they will struggle to be in the promotion mix up at the end of the season. Their best player was Adam Johnson.

Garry Parker was at the game, sitting about two rows in front of me. Is he doing some scouting for Villa?

I was at the Posh v Mboro game today. Can we please sign George Boyd in January. He's an excellent player. One chance, one goal. We can give them Howard, Dyer and £ 1.5m, with a further £ 1m if we ger promoted this year. Didn't think much of Mboro. I think that they will struggle to be in the promotion mix up at the end of the season. Their best player was Adam Johnson.

2 terrible substitutions by Pearson today really - the introduction of Howard made us resort to the hoof ball game that led to their equaliser and I can't be the only one who thought N'Guessan was absolutely awful and offered nothing when he came on?

I was not there so cannot comment on the performance.

Fryatt seems to be regularly subbed. I wonder whether he is carrying an injury that we have not been told about.

The idea of bring Dany on may be to do with defenders having tired legs and not wanting to face a player with pace. It seems from what people who were there say that this did not work.

Normally people say about the championship that there is little to choose betwen the teams and anybody can beat anybody. I think this is less true than usual this year. West Brom and Newcastle seem to find it easy to beat teams. The "play-off pack" behind them struggle for their victories. I will be surprised if we or any other team catch Newcastle and West Brom this season.

I expected Middlesborough to be in the top two and Newcastle to be in relegation trouble this season. So well done Newcastle.

As annoyed as I am at seeing us concede a goal in the last minute....we scored one from a rebound last week so it's just one of those things.

Thought we should've been well clear by half time if it weren't for their keeper...second half Scunny were more into the game, dominating possession but not threatening the goal.

I wouldn't. Settling for a point at home against a mid-table side does not show ambition to get promoted.

We are not killing off sides. A point at a very poor Scunthorpe is definately disappointing and two points dropped

Well seeing as I don't think that we're a side thats quite good enough to go up this year I'd happily see us beat our bitter rivals and not lose to a good Brizzle side....

Well seeing as I don't think that we're a side thats quite good enough to go up this year I'd happily see us beat our bitter rivals and not lose to a good Brizzle side....

We're already 4pts clear of 7th place. I can't believe how pessimistic some of fans are!

We're not going to catch WBA or Newcastle, but all we have to do is finish 6th, we have more than a good chance to do this. The league table doesn't lie etc.

We should be aiming for 6th spot. Beating local rivals is all well and good, but they only give you pleasure for a couple of days or a week at most. We have to look at the season as a whole. We are as good a bet as anyone to make the play-offs, in fact the league table currently would have us favourite to do this.

We're already 4pts clear of 7th place. I can't believe how pessimistic some of fans are!

We're not going to catch WBA or Newcastle, but all we have to do is finish 6th, we have more than a good chance to do this. The league table doesn't lie etc.

We should be aiming for 6th spot. Beating local rivals is all well and good, but they only give you pleasure for a couple of days or a week at most. We have to look at the season as a whole. We are as good a bet as anyone to make the play-offs, in fact the league table currently would have us favourite to do this.

Not being pessimistic am I? Maybe I am. I like what you said, I agree.

Maybe I interpreted it wrong. I thought you were saying you thought we wouldn't make the play-offs, but as far as I can see we are in a better position than anyone else atm.

Maybe I interpreted it wrong. I thought you were saying you thought we wouldn't make the play-offs, but as far as I can see we are in a better position than anyone else atm.

I think we will make the play-offs yeah, partly down to what we do in January. The effort and most of the results have been outstanding so far, a total breath of fresh air. But at times for me it's a bit like riding a bike when you're drunk, we just seem wobbly and never quite in control even though we're not falling over. But if we carry on like that for the rest of the season and finish in the play-offs then I'm easy.

Cautious not pessimistic is my outlook on LCFC.

Eh???
Have you been sniffing glue?

I would hazard a guess that the blonde lady on the football league show called us the Tigers rather than the Foxes.

Either that or Uncle Connolly ran out of bud and could only find a pritt stick to placate himself with.

...at times for me it's a bit like riding a bike when you're drunk, we just seem wobbly and never quite in control even though we're not falling over.

Cops threatened to arrest me one night for riding my bike drunk down Fosse road, was wobbling all over the place. I didn't even know it was an offence.

Cops threatened to arrest me one night for riding my bike drunk down Fosse road, was wobbling all over the place. I didn't even know it was an offence.

You is well bad mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670