Scunthorpe at home, April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Moving to either Friday or Sunday because we are letting the Tigers use the Walkers on the Saturday :098:

Moving to either Friday or Sunday because we are letting the Tigers use the Walkers on the Saturday :098:

I don't fancy a Friday night at all. Let's hope Sky picks this game up and plays it on the Monday night so that the smell of all the cow shit has time to dissipate.

Either way it's a party ruined!

I wonder if we'll be allowed to use their new ground when it's built, and I wonder if they'll ever want to use ours again.

Last edited:
Hey, this could be the match when we achieve promotion, if so there is a good chance that it will be on TV

Good news - I can go if its on a Friday or Sunday! :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Walkers Stadium to host Tigers v Bristol
17 January 2009, 6:54 am
By Gary Sherrard
Leicester Tigers and Leicester City have come to agreement on the staging of their respective final home games of the league season on the weekend of April 24/25/26. Both games will be staged at the Walkers Stadium.
Both clubs have altered kick-off times during this season where their fixtures have coincided but, on this occasion, with the potential importance of both clubs’ matches and demolition work beginning during phase one of the redevelopment at Welford Road, the Safety Advisory Group has directed that the two clubs should play on different days.

Leicester Tigers are due to host Bristol Rugby and, to comply with league rules, must kick off at 3pm on Saturday, April 25.

Leicester City will therefore move their home match against Scunthorpe United to either Friday, April 24 (7.45pm kick-off) or Sunday, April 26 (3pm) as Tigers have no alternative but to play on the Saturday afternoon.

David Clayton, Leicester Tigers managing director, added: “The construction and completion of the new Caterpillar Stand to be available in time for the 2009/10 season requires the existing stand to be demolished in mid-April.

“In these circumstances, and notwithstanding the concerns of the Stadium Advisory Group, to have played the Bristol game at Welford Road would have meant reducing the ground capacity by at least 4,000. To be able to switch the game to Walkers Stadium has been very helpful.

“This will be Leicester Tigers’ fourth appearance at the Walkers Stadium and many of our supporters will already know their way around.

“By taking the game to the nearest possible alternative, venue we have been able to minimise the inconvenience to our supporters’ and their matchday routines.

“The proposal to move the fixture has been discussed with the club’s Supporters Forum and we have been working on where supporters will be located within the Walkers Stadium.

“Over the next month or so we will be sending replacement tickets with seating details to all season ticket holders and supporters who have already bought match tickets for the game.

“We would like to thank the officials of Leicester City for accommodating us and, as the match is to be played at a stadium with a 32,000 capacity, we are also planning some special offers for season ticket holders to bring friends and family, and allow us the opportunity to welcome more supporters for the final league game of the season.”

Lee Hoos, Leicester City chief executive, said: "This is obviously a situation that neither club wanted to find itself in, but we believe this is the best possible solution.

"Both clubs have been forced to switch kick-off times and also the days in which games have been played already this season on the advice of the Safety Advisory Group. With us again scheduled to kick off at the same time, a switch was always inevitable. We simply have to make the best of the situation that has been presented to us.

"Obviously, our fans have been at the forefront of our thoughts throughout this process, and we have been in contact with the various supporter organisations. We will be in a position to confirm the new date of our fixture in the next seven days."

I feel sorry for all City fans particularly all our loyal season ticket holders who find that the final home game of the season which could be crucial to our going up is now possibly going to be played on a Friday night!!!
Our Club appears to be putting the problems of the Tigers ABOVE their own loyal fans and money does talk why else would we consider it. We could turn round and say to Tigers its your problem you sort it.
When we were developing Filbert Street did they offer us to play at Welford Road? I've nothing against Tigers although I know plenty that do and they will be equally as mad about this, but if this cocked up our season, although hopefully we could be up by that game, we can look back on this decision and wonder WHY?:bang::102:

I say it is our ground not the tigers why dont they move to a friday or sunday night :098: it makes me so annoyed that they are getting preferance over our football team it's not right :098::bang:

I say it is our ground not the tigers why dont they move to a friday or sunday night :098: it makes me so annoyed that they are getting preferance over our football team it's not right :098::bang:

It has been mentioned earlier in the thread that the Tigers match MUST be played at 3pm on the Saturday, as it is the last league game of the season.

]
Our Club appears to be putting the problems of the Tigers ABOVE their own loyal fans and money does talk why else would we consider it. We could turn round and say to Tigers its your problem you sort it.

The match has been moved because the safety people don't want both matches played on the same day. So even if they weren't using our ground the match would still have to be on Friday/Sunday because the egg chasers match has to be played on the Saturday.

I feel sorry for all City fans particularly all our loyal season ticket holders who find that the final home game of the season which could be crucial to our going up is now possibly going to be played on a Friday night!!!
When we were developing Filbert Street did they offer us to play at Welford Road? I've nothing against Tigers although I know plenty that do and they will be equally as mad about this, but if this cocked up our season, although hopefully we could be up by that game, we can look back on this decision and wonder WHY?:bang::102:

Why are you assuming that playing on a Friday night means we are less likely to win?

I just hope that it is the Friday as if it is the Sunday the pitch might be chewed up.

We could kick off at 12-30, as we kicked off at 1pm against Millwall, surely the police could have coped with that. It would mean that Welford Road would have to be used and they would be behind with the redevelopment plans but that could be corrected at the beginning of next season by playing in front of a reduced capacity IF they not finished on time. It could be the builders manage to finish early so they still can start the new season as they want to.

As I said before its money that talks and whoever is doing the redevelopment seems to have put the pressure on the Tigers and they have flashed the £££ at City and not only have we jumped but we have jumped as high as Tigers want us to.

Utter shite. I hope Tigers league season falls apart now.

Fans treated like crap. Almost worth a protest but it's difficult to construct how to do that.

Why can't we kick-off at 12.30pm and let them play at Welford Rd in a half-built stadium.

Or why don't they move to Franklin Garden's in Northampton, we had to play at Forest in late-May for a similar reason.

Last edited:
Personally I think it's a fcuking disgrace. The money men at LCFC have said fcuk our own supporters, the Tigers' money is more important.

Let them sort their own problems out, not at the expense of fans that have stuck by City all year when, folowing relegation, they could have deserted them.

I would like to think that the "voice of the supporters" will inform the LCFC people responsible for this travesty, how much of a kick in the teeth this is. However, I suspect that they won't .... come on Foxes Trust, what are you doing about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669