Scunthorpe at home, April

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me laugh how that when we change the day of a home game because of Sky, no one really seems to care. But because we are doing it to help the Tigers out, all hell breaks loose.

It makes me laugh how that when we change the day of a home game because of Sky, no one really seems to care. But because we are doing it to help the Tigers out, all hell breaks loose.

I think everyone is un-happy at this particular move because it appears the £££ signs have been put before the loyal supporters. There is every possibilty we could be celebrating the league title/promotion on this game, and now it's going to be moved to a day where some people might not be able to make it.

I think everyone is un-happy at this particular move because it appears the £££ signs have been put before the loyal supporters. There is every possibilty we could be celebrating the league title/promotion on this game, and now it's going to be moved to a day where some people might not be able to make it.

When we agree to move for Sky, it also seems like the £££ signs have been put before the loyal supporters. If it means we have slightly more money to help us next season then surely that's good?

I also reckon we will have celebrated the league title before then anyway. And it is plenty of notice for people to make other arrangements so that they can attend the match.

When we agree to move for Sky, it also seems like the £££ signs have been put before the loyal supporters. If it means we have slightly more money to help us next season then surely that's good?

I also reckon we will have celebrated the league title before then anyway. And it is plenty of notice for people to make other arrangements so that they can attend the match.

I think with Sky it's a case of that over the season you will get atleast 1 game = money. We have very little say over what Sky want to do because of the money they pump into the game.

This however is different, we have the option to tell them to **** off but we haven't. Who knows how the season will pan out, so it may be over before or it could go down to the final game. I hope they play it on the Sunday, as IMO playing on Friday could go against us if we're in the position of only being a couple of points clear, because this will give the teams playing at the normal time on Saturday who may be around that extra incentive to win their game.

They've definetly but cash before the fans.

But, to be quite honest, for a business to have suffered the financial implications of relegation, you really can't blame them for grabbing any extra money they can.

I care every time that a game is taken away from 3 on a Saturday - for whatever reason. But it's a sign of the times and it's going to get worse until the golden goose no longer needs football - then the game is ****ed. Killed by its own greed.

Another non-issue for people to get unnecessarily worked up about, IMO...

True, no longer have a shit team to get worked up over so other issue come to the fore.

Fingers crossed the season will be over before the last home game anyway.

True, no longer have a shit team to get worked up over so other issue come to the fore.
I think date changes to suit the Tigers has always been an issue, especially when they are playing at our ground. Have you just said that for effect?

easy to say if you live in Tucson..I was intending to run a trip for some Swedish based supporters to see our potential promotion party..it's shite that we can't celebrate on a traditional Saturday afternoon..

It's the sort of thing that bothered me equally little when I lived in Leicester. Just go to the game on a different day - unless you have made very early plans or are travelling a long way to see the game, it pretty much makes no difference whatsoever.

Just my opinion, of course...

Plan it for Easter Monday instead then, it's only a couple of weeks earlier.

It would be awesome to gain promotion/the championship at home against Leeds! :icon_bigg

I cannot believe the apathetic attitude of some people on here. OUR last home game of the season, possible title decider and we decide to move it because the Tiger are building a new stand (which will be a direct threat to our revenue streams from conferencing and banqueting by the way) which will reduce their capacity by 4000.

Despite of what the press release says fans groups were not consulted.

The SAG might have directed that we play on different days but I still fail to see how that is our problem; we have a ground which isn't being rebuilt they don't. We have the chance to win promotion/the league, they don't by virtue of the fact their league doesn't finish that weekend, nor the weekend after that, not the one after that and most likely not the one after that because they all enter some silly competition to see who actually won the league after all.

They can go play somewhere else and not **** up OUR pitch by playing catch on it.

Despite of what the press release says fans groups were not consulted.

I have it on good authority that the 'consultation' consisted of somebody from the club ringing round the 'fans groups' yesterday afternoon, telling them that the Tigers would be using the Walkers, and asking if they thought fans would prefer the Friday night or the Sunday afternoon.

A mate in London who supports Spurs was moaning the other day that they had not played on a Sat at 3pm in months, home or away! :icon_eek:

A mate in London who supports Spurs was moaning the other day that they had not played on a Sat at 3pm in months, home or away! :icon_eek:

There was a similar statistic about Manchester City about that earlier in the season.

I think they went something like 18 games without playing on a Saturday at 3pm.

I wonder how quick the club will be to issue refunds to STH's who can no longer attend the rearranged fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669