Speculation Sean St Ledger Transfer Listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Ledger quite right to want a regular game - but he's second rate at best. As has been said - just an other example of Sven wasting other people's money,which is about the only thing he's been good at for years now.

There are a number of other more established players who also need helping through the trap door. My guess is that each time one of them goes that things will improve.

I have never rated nor liked SSL going back to his petulant behaviour years ago when Big Ron went to help Steve Bleasdale at Peterborough. He totally undermined the gaffer. Bad for team spirit, get rid.

But if he is on £20,000 a week, who the feck is going to take him?

I dread to think what that waste of space Beckford might be on.

My only cocern is that if we are to play with 3 centre backs then we need cover

Depends who else goes during the transfer window
Current cover would include Peltier (with Pantsil or Moore at right back or maybe a midfielder could play right wing back like Abe)
Assume Berner will have gone, Ball ?
However if all of Berner, St.Ledger, Pantsil & Ball go, then bound to being a defender in & most likely one that can cover most of the back 4 roles

Paul Jewell has confirmed that they're keen, but also reckons there's a Serie A side in for him too. G'won Paul.

You would have imagined at the start of the season that if St Ledger could not get in the team the defence must be brilliant.
So where has it gone wrong.

My guess is that Sven saw Mills and St Ledger as his first choice centrebacks and this was the impression he gave St Ledger. Lasr season he had criticised Bamba for "thinking he is Beckenbauer when he isn't". However, Bamba played so well this season he had to be picked.

Mills has certainly had his difficult moments. This meant St Ledger certainly had his chance to establish himself as the first choice centre back.

St Ledger needs regular first team football especially if he is to retain his place in the Ireland squad. He has not seized his chance for regular first team football here so let him go elsewhere.

As for St Ledger being on £20,000 a week I would guess that the Mirror knows little about Leciester contract negotiations.

The irony is that, if he hadn't spat his dummy out and upset Nigel, he'd probably now have a full month to replace the absent Sol Bamba and cement his place as the preferred partner to Mills.

Guilty of unintelligence?

The irony is that, if he hadn't spat his dummy out and upset Nigel, he'd probably now have a full month to replace the absent Sol Bamba and cement his place as the preferred partner to Mills.

Guilty of unintelligence?

Or if Nigel had explained the situation to SSL prior to announcing the squad he may not be struggling for defenders now? Both NP and SSL are guilty of arrogance in this situation in my opinion, NP seriously needs to work on his man management.

if we continue to play 3 centre backs then SSL will be needed here for a while, even if NP goes with Mills and Tunch then we still need some bck-up

My guess is that 3-5-2 was used out of necessity more than anything else. The fact that it was change at HT indicates that NP was unhappy with how it was working out.

I'm sure Konchesky could play at right back if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669