Speculation Sean St Ledger Transfer Listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that 3-5-2 was used out of necessity more than anything else. The fact that it was change at HT indicates that NP was unhappy with how it was working out.

I'm sure Konchesky could play at right back if needed.

It's hard to see why - two goals in the first half and none in the second, hardly an amazing tactical change.

Or if Nigel had explained the situation to SSL prior to announcing the squad he may not be struggling for defenders now? Both NP and SSL are guilty of arrogance in this situation in my opinion, NP seriously needs to work on his man management.

When Stringer asked NP about the incident, he intimated that it was for behaviour not befitting the club's image, which seems more than just arguing over not playing. Given the time of year I wouldn't be surprised if it was drink/social related.

It's hard to see why - two goals in the first half and none in the second, hardly an amazing tactical change.

Listening to the commentary, it seemed like Palace had worked out how to expose us out wide and "got in" down our right/their left a bit too easily towrds the end of the first half.

When Stringer asked NP about the incident, he intimated that it was for behaviour not befitting the club's image, which seems more than just arguing over not playing. Given the time of year I wouldn't be surprised if it was drink/social related.

My first thought was that somebody had been thumped.

I heard or read someone saying that we'd won 'because we'd switched to 4-4-2 at half time'. What rubbish! And as for the notion that we played 3-5-2 for half a game so that means 'we're now going to be playing 3-5-2'...

It's amazing that some people still haven't noticed, but this is modern football. I can't think of a game recently where one or both teams haven't changed formation at some point during the game. All teams need to be able to play 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-3-3, etc, using the same players, in the same game. Being adaptable is massively important now. Players that can play in multiple positions, once belittled as 'utility players', are now priceless.

I'm pleased that Nige, whilst obviously a fan of 4-4-2, is tactically aware and brave enough to shake it up. Bravo!

I heard or read someone saying that we'd won 'because we'd switched to 4-4-2 at half time'. What rubbish! And as for the notion that we played 3-5-2 for half a game so that means 'we're now going to be playing 3-5-2'...

I wrote on here that we won because we played 4-4-2, I was taking the piss so I hope whoever else made the same comment was doing the same.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16486451.stm?

Ipswich Town boss Paul Jewell is hopeful of signing Leicester City defender Sean St Ledger after agreeing a fee as well as terms with the player.
But Jewell says the 27-year-old, who has made eight league starts this term, has a number of offers to consider.
"Everything's agreed between the two clubs and with the player's personal terms," he told BBC Radio Suffolk.

"I spoke to him on Monday. He has got a few options. Hopefully he will choose us. But we're waiting on an answer."

But he has failed to establish himself as a regular first-choice centre-half at the King Power Stadium and, with the European Championships this year, he will be keen to remain in the thinking of Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni.

"I spoke to him at length over the weekend," Jewell added. "He just wants to make sure he makes the right decision because there are a few teams in for him.

"Hopefully we'll sell Ipswich as a long-term plan rather than a short-term option."

Jewell has also hit out at sections of the media that have queried the integrity of midfielder Jimmy Bullard. The 33-year-old has not played since New Year's Eve because of illness. But the Town boss has had to field questions about the extent of the health problems.

"I would ask these people who cast dispersions and snigger about people's illnesses to think again," said the former Wigan manager.

"He's been very ill. This flu bug has knocked him back.

"He came in on Sunday morning and looked absolutely awful. We were really concerned.

"He came in Monday, did a bit of training, lasted five minutes and had to be taken home."

Meanwhile, Jewell has confirmed that defender Damien Delaney has suffered a recurrence of the foot injury which sidelined him for two months at the back end of last year and is a major doubt for Wednesday's trip to Birmingham City.

Fee and terms agreed with Ipswich.

Last edited:
Yay, now we just need to find a buyer for the rest of them.

I always find it amusing when clearly average/poor players stomp their feet and whinge until they get presented with the opportunity to **** off. I'm glad Nige didn't pussyfoot around him if his attitude is as poor as it is reputed to be.

I always find it amusing when clearly average/poor players stomp their feet and whinge until they get presented with the opportunity to **** off. I'm glad Nige didn't pussyfoot around him if his attitude is as poor as it is reputed to be.

I have no problem with him wanting to play football.

Is a bust up the best way to do it? I know it takes two people to have a fight and none of us know the story, but I am a typically pashunut city fan and from now on he is dirt to me.

Neither do I, I do have a problem with the player being so short sighted and arrogant that he did not for one reason or another even consider the fact that Bamba was going to be away for a month.

If he wasn't such a tit he would have had plenty of opportunity to play over the coming games, sadly for him he seems to be lacking in the upstairs department.

Is a bust up the best way to do it? I know it takes two people to have a fight and none of us know the story, but I am a typically pashunut city fan and from now on he is dirt to me.

He's not fit to wipe the lipstick smears off your gimpmask Ted.

So, probably best just to use a bit of a damp rag yourself instead.

He's not fit to wipe the lipstick smears off your gimpmask Ted.

So, probably best just to use a bit of a damp rag yourself instead.

They usually just wash off while I drown myself in the sink and violently....... errrr.......yeah.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669