Berner
Vassell
Beckford
Johnson
Fernandes
St Ledger
Mills is solid enough but £5M?
Pantsil

It's certainly easier to list those that Ericsson brought in that turned out to be a success.

Last edited:
The following list hardly makes great reading:

Ball
Berner
Vassell
Beckford
Johnson
Fernandes
St Ledger
Pantsil

It's certainly easier to list those that Ericsson brought in that turned out to be a success.

Berner?

Of which Beckford appears to be the one that is crippling us. He does not seem to gel/fit in with any of our strikers or midfield. Although encouraged by the fans and players to run around a bit, create space, run a channel, track back to help defend or put pressure on their attack, apparently he is 'not that sort of player'. So what fecking sort of player is he for Chr*st's sake?

He does not run, defensively tackle, head a ball, track back, chase a ball to the dead ball line, tackle a defender to get the ball back or score goals. What is the fecking point in having him on the pitch? We get more opportunities created for others, and a lot more pressure on their defence from 15 minutes of Steve Howard on the pitch than 90 mins of Beckford wandering around in a semi-coma.

This is not a nervous 18 year old from the academy. He has been playing with the big boys for a long time now. If the guy has suddenly developed 'confidence' issues, loan him out to Grimsby or anywhere. If he legally cannot move, send him off to get his coaching badges, make him a UNICEF ambassador, just do not put him on the pitch. He is a fecking waste of space!

It's hard to argue with the points made, based on the evidence of what we have seen so far.

It's even harder to reconcile his performances with the comments of one Robbie Savage........

Two years ago, at my lowest ebb on loan at Brighton, I played against Pele.

Well, he was listed in the programme as Jermaine Beckford, but from his swagger on the pitch that Saturday afternoon you'd have thought that he was the legendary Brazilian.

I'm not backward when it comes to being forward but I've never come across such a chirpy character on the field.

Jermaine talked the talk and that day he walked the walk too. He was excellent in a 3-1 win for Leeds and I thought then that he was a player who one day a Premier League team would take a punt on.

Of which Beckford appears to be the one that is crippling us.

I was talking in an overall sense regarding the unbalanced squad that was assembled.

I actually think Jermaine Beckford was an excellent signing and still think that today.

Beckford is a finisher who is playing at Championship level purely due to his ability to run in behind, run onto flick-ons, outpace defenders and score goals from crosses / long balls.

Unfortunately all of those require a team around him to constantly deliver the service for which unfortunately he hasn't had. The above (certainly in this league) requires both wingers and a 'big man', both being departments we lack in.

I think, sadly, that there are too many Leicester fans who are at their happiest being negative and would be severely inconvenienced were we to put together a winning team.

Agree completely - I often think if I was playing for Leicester, would my fans inspire feelings of confidence and trust in me?

Beckford is simply set up to be another DJ Campbell (the guy who went on to play Premier League football at both Blackpool and now QPR), but I do have faith that this time Nigel Pearson won't let that happen.

The decisions that brought us Kasper, Konchesky, Peltier, Danns, Nugent and, slightly earlier, Bamba have been crippling? Of the permanent signings, the only ones I think people can possible have complaints over are Beckford, Mills and Paintsil.

They have (clearly) been crippling to our chances of promotion, yes.

Am I hopeful we'll eventually get it right and plough millions into the right people now we have the right manager? Yes.

Really? REALLY? One player, who has barely had any pitch time, let alone starts, is the crippling factor? He was responsible for the performances against Peterborough and Portsmouth? Honestly? Wow.

No - please see above - wasn't referring to Beckford individually.

@John__Percy: Paul Jewell reveals Sean St Ledger's loan move to #Ipswich is off as #LCFC want him for the FA Cup replay with #NFFC #ITFC

The following list hardly makes great reading:

Ball
Berner
Vassell
Beckford
Johnson
Fernandes
St Ledger
Pantsil

Your forgetting Ricardo ;)

if he's not made up his mind to choose Ipswich yet, **** him. Keep him if he's not dedicated to them.

@John__Percy: Paul Jewell reveals Sean St Ledger's loan move to #Ipswich is off as #LCFC want him for the FA Cup replay with #NFFC #ITFC

That differs slightly from the comments I've seen this morning. They are hoping to take him on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent signing, after next weeks game with Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669