Speculation Sean St Ledger Transfer Listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh

Nigel Pearson has slapped Sean St Ledger on the transfer list after a Boxing Day bust-up.

Leicester manager Pearson will offload the Republic of Ireland international following a row before the 1-1 draw at home to Ipswich.

St Ledger was dropped from the starting XI in favour of Matt Mills, who had returned from a two-game ban. And the defender, 27, confronted Pearson and demanded to know why he had been left out – with his outburst also coming in front of Foxes vice-chairman Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn.

Pearson and Raksriaksorn have both decided to take drastic action by telling the £20,000-a-week star to leave the club in January.

St Ledger was a £750,000 capture from Preston by former Leicester chief Sven Goran Eriksson, but has made only eight Championship starts. No-nonsense Pearson is determined to stage a mass clear-out in January, with on-loan St Etienne midfielder Gelson Fernandes poised to complete a £2million move to Udinese.

Fringe players Bruno Berner and Michael Ball are also in talks to have their contracts cancelled.

And there could be other more high-profile casualties, with £2.5m striker Jermaine Beckford facing an uncertain future.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/tra...Day-row-with-nigel-Pearson-article847265.html

Last edited:
All speculation at this point, but the comments earlier in the season about not being in the side certainly make this believable. Doesn't sound like the kind of player we want at the club if true.

Last edited:
Better get used to it BM. I can see this one being a very active window for us.

And so it begins. He was never going to be happy to sit on the bench all season long, so this seemed inevitable. We'll never get anything near what we paid for him, but somebody should take him off our hands. Get in there Tunch.

Last edited:
If a squad player like SSL is on £20k a week I hate to think what first team regulars are on.

Last edited:
There's a chemistry joke about mixing salts and acid in there somewhere, but chemistry at school gave me nightmares so I don't want to think of it.

Get rid of him - waste of money. With Mills, Bamba and hopefully a fit again Tunch he will only get in the team because of injuries and suspension. But wait a minute we will be losing the services of a top international defender :102:

Last edited:
Just shows how flawed and flaky svens summer recruitment strategy was, no great loss IMO, like so many of the summer recruits they have flattered to deceive and are far better players in their own minds than performances actually prove. far too many ego's

Get rid of him - waste of money. With Mills, Bamba and hopefully a fit again Tunch he will only get in the team because of injuries and suspension. But wait a minute we will be losing the services of a top international defender :102:

I bet that St Ledger goes to another Championship team and does well. It is too easy to say that all Sven's signings are rubbish.

It is grossly unfair to expect Pearson to put a team together in the January transfer window but, he should be doing better with what is there and I do not see the owners giving Pearson time.

loved pearson on RL explaining what had happened, was classic

No surprise and no loss. Never wanted him here in the first place and just hope some ****er will take him off our hands. Two bob will do.

You say £20000 a week. I prefer to use the term " Svens ability to attract players"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566