Season Ticket prices 2012-13 revealed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, looks like season ticket sales are going to be extremely low.

Away gamers only for me, partly because of the price but mainly because of the fans.

City usually get all of my money up front but this year I'll be taking the 11 months they've given free of charge, if everyone does this I guess the Thais are going to have to loan the yet more money to the club to allow for any pre season spending.

Wow, looks like season ticket sales are going to be extremely low.

12,000 were sold before the end of March last year.

Purely looking at this from a selfish POV...
I'm sitting in the Family Stand with one other adult, one under-22 and one under-8. Because under-8s are free in the Family Stand we don't qualify for the 10% family discount (that we did last year)... so technically we're going to pay £98.60 for the free under-8 ticket, which is £49.60 more than renewing an under-12 ticket (or £39.60 more than getting a new u-12 ticket)?

Ten-year anniversary season of the KP Stadium and I wouldn't be surprised if the prices have risen by 40-50% in that time. Must be to pay for all that success we've been having.

The Mockery comments show that there's other City fans who are unhappy with this.

“i have been for more years than I remember (but close to or over 20) and I feel in these tough times (of Austerity) that any increase is innapropriate - especially after a season of underachievement and not the greatest level of entertainment or value for money.

And lets get the facts right here it is not an 8% increase but an increase of OVER 15% for some and zero for others

This is unfair and inbalanced and needs explanation, as where you sit does not imply more ability to pay an £85 increase or not - neither does it imply you get more comfort or value compaired to others - its just where you sit with friends & family (and have done for years)

Bad move LCFC - equal & fair pricing for all not this unbalanced approach, with no to little benefits to longstanding loyal supporters.

As for the quality of the facilities, space and the awful food, please dont get me started on that - I expect more for my 20 years of spending money on a season ticket, so I ask what improvement am I personally going to get for an extra £85 compared to someone in the Family stand (who has a £0 increase to pay)?”
TheWatfordFox
“My "loyalty" as a 10 year season ticket holder for me and my 19 year old son is a £350 price increase. My own ticket in the West Stand has increased by 15%, my son's Student Status has been redefined as "Under 22" and has gone up by 230%.

It's great to know Ms Whelan that LCFC values its loyal fans”

by annbarwell
“Outrageous!!!!! The price for 'Seniors' has dramatically risen with no consultation and no mention in the article today by the club!!!!! The reason...with no mention of this the age for seniors has been increased for 60 to 65!!! How does this reward loyalty? Why has this not been made clear???? Why has this step been taken and yet the club have failed to mention this? Come on all you seniors, rise up and revolt!!!!!!!!!

by Peter20101
“As far as LCFC are concerned Loyalty is a one-way street and long term loyal supporters are simply asked to pay up with the proposed 15% increase (& concession changes).

As for the quote by Susan Whelan of "We have taken every step possible to ensure our 2012-13 season-tickets campaign presents fairness to our most loyal supporters"

As a season ticket holder for more than 20 years (thats pretty loyal isnt it, or am I excluded from the "most loyal group") please tell me how a 15% increase "presents fairness" to those like me”

homesickalien
“I think that's a shame. I appreciate the owners have to get some sort of income from the club but to hit the supporters in the pocket at a time when everything is going up in price is poor form. The support has been amazing this season and sadly it has not been rewarded with consistent displays on the pitch. To hit them with an 8% average increase is like saying "Thanks for your valuable support but it wasn't quite valuable enough. We need more money thanks". I hope this doesn't cost them more in reduced season ticket renewals than it would if they kept prices the same and potentially sold more season tickets.”

BUT there is always one
by Chalkie56Monday, April 23 2012, 12:08PM
“Looks a good deal to me.
:icon_roll

Seems like they've been holding off until this point with the hope that we might scrape the play offs and salvage something from this season.

As that hasn't happened, the price decision, in these economic circumstances, seems like madness. People won't accept a huge hike in prices for a non essential product, especially when it has absolutely no variation from the previous season. In fact if you read between the lines of what Parson's said, it doesn't seem like there will be cash to splash in the coming months, so it may be we're paying more money to see an inferior team.

Ridiculous. I expect next seasons average attendance to be 18k (max).

What if the money raised is just going to pay back the naughty loans that the owners have already made?

Then we'll owe less when they inevitably bugger off next week (allegedly).

edit: Lako already made that point.

Last edited:
What if the money raised is just going to pay ridiculous salaries to players who can't even get into the team?

Then it's better these players aren't being paid by as much money that the club will then owe?

Seems like they've been holding off until this point with the hope that we might scrape the play offs and salvage something from this season.

As that hasn't happened, the price decision, in these economic circumstances, seems like madness. People won't accept a huge hike in prices for a non essential product, especially when it has absolutely no variation from the previous season. In fact if you read between the lines of what Parson's said, it doesn't seem like there will be cash to splash in the coming months, so it may be we're paying more money to see an inferior team.

Ridiculous. I expect next seasons average attendance to be 18k (max).

Do you have any links to these Pearson quotes?

Do you have any links to these Pearson quotes?

The Mockery has him saying this: ""We have two games to negotiate and until they are over I will not be talking about what we are doing in the close season."

But if you make up some bollocks that you've read between the lines, what he actually means is "The budget is being cut, I've got to sell as many players as possible and won't be able to replace them."

The Mockery has him saying this: ""We have two games to negotiate and until they are over I will not be talking about what we are doing in the close season."

But if you make up some bollocks that you've read between the lines, what he actually means is "The budget is being cut, I've got to sell as many players as possible and won't be able to replace them."

I suspected as much.

I suspected as much.

Pearson said he hadn't been able to bring in some of the players he wanted to during Jan.

Stringer and co have also alluded to it several times on air.

This board will be losing posters faster than City are losing ST holders if everyone gets slated for posting. I should have descended into some insider jokes that add nothing to ensure acceptance.

Pearson said he hadn't been able to bring in some of the players he wanted to during Jan.

Have you got a link to that quote?

And if he wasn't able to bring in some players, there could be all sorts of reasons why it didn't happen.

This board will be losing posters faster than City are losing ST holders if everyone gets slated for posting.

You haven't been slated for posting. If you're going to post something like you did you have to expect people to question your source. And if you're going to "read between the lines", you should accept that it's your own opinion, and other people might not agree with your reading of the situation.

How much has fuel gone up during this season? How much has the food bill gone up during the season? How much has alcohol gone up during the season? How much has an average Leicester - London train ticket increased during the season? How much has Gas and Electricity gone up over the season? How much will the price of a stamp increased by the start of the season?

Football is no different, they have larger overheads year after year and they have to put their prices up accordingly just as every other industry is doing, Of course this is simply me playing devils advocate but go ahead....

How much has fuel gone up during this season? How much has the food bill gone up during the season? How much has alcohol gone up during the season? How much has an average Leicester - London train ticket increased during the season? How much has Gas and Electricity gone up over the season? How much will the price of a stamp increased by the start of the season?

Football is no different, they have larger overheads year after year and they have to put their prices up accordingly just as every other industry is doing, Of course this is simply me playing devils advocate but go ahead....

I disagree, the main cost for any football Club is players. Their contracts and the money spent on them is entirely manageable and unlikely to rise with inflation, therefore the main area of the clubs spending has remained the same, or has been planned for since this time last year.

I disagree, the main cost for any football Club is players. Their contracts and the money spent on them is entirely manageable and unlikely to rise with inflation, therefore the main area of the clubs spending has remained the same, or has been planned for since this time last year.

Didn't we have a price freeze the last two seasons?

Its only really worth increasing your prices if you think you'll sell the same or a very similar number to the year before. If that's not the case you could end up with less season ticket revenue, even though the prices have increased. It's not like it actually costs them a great deal more money to facilitate 15,000 ST holders over say 11,000.

Didn't we have a price freeze the last two seasons?

There was a freeze for U-8s and U-12s last season. Everybody else paid more.

Freeze on my ticket price, so can't complain, but overall looks like they have shot themselves in the foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669