Season Ticket Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
people renewing by June 14th already get the frozen price(that's only if you have had a ST for two seasons) it goes up after June 14th....

and not everyone can afford to renew immediately....i shall be sorting mine out on June 13th.....

I used to laugh at Derby's attendances, but they might seem decent compared to our's next season the way things are going. :(

We have far too many fair weather fans. When the going gets tough, they are nowhere to be seen.

Fans who blame a lack of signings in not getting a season ticket is a pretty poor excuse. You're supposed to support the club through thick and thin, but obviously a large proportion of our fans don't feel like that.......

as a poor partime student i can barely afford the tickets especially as im just about to turn 22

What i may do is ask my mate whos 21 to get my tickets (Therefor getting a fiver off)

but I feel disapointed that Gupps, McKinley and Davidson have been let go

I have a feeling now Dickovs gone Dabz & Snatch will go (what loyalty)
and we'l struggle to make midtable

Derby get 26,000 which isnt bad!

Do they? I think there average last season was about 24,500

jimbers said:
as a poor partime student i can barely afford the tickets especially as im just about to turn 22

What i may do is ask my mate whos 21 to get my tickets (Therefor getting a fiver off)

but I feel disapointed that Gupps, McKinley and Davidson have been let go

I have a feeling now Dickovs gone Dabz & Snatch will go (what loyalty)
and we'l struggle to make midtable

Derby get 26,000 which isnt bad!

I'm not having a go at those who can't afford it. It's those people who are in a position to get a season ticket, but base their decision on what signings we bring in. :roll:

Stop moaning and whinging about our supporters Scowy.

We cant be all as Loyal and as Brilliant as you.

We will be alright in the end. You cant blame supporters for worrying and taking time over renewing. Their club has been turned on its head.

I havent renewed yet but will be but we do not need people quoting the big "I am...." all the bloody time.

Be it loyal or disloyal.... we all support the same team remember.

Southern Fox said:

We will be alright in the end. You cant blame supporters for worrying and taking time over renewing. Their club has been turned on its head.

I havent renewed yet but will be but we do not need people quoting the big "I am...." all the bloody time.

Scowys right tho...

Southern Fox said:

Look, I understand you live far away, and it's difficult for you regardless, so I'm not having a go at you personally.

I'm just fed up of hearing people say: I'm waiting on what signings we're gonna buy before making my decision. Does it really matter what signings we bring in? From a football sense, yes it does, but we're there to support the team, irrespective of what our team comprises of, what division we're in, etc.....

Scowy,

Fundamentally I agree with your points. All of them. But christ the club is in a poor way at the moment.

Lets stick together hey.

Okay so some fans are disloyal or re-phasing that, not as loyal as others. It is the same at every club.

Before we used to struggle to fill Filbert Street nearly every game. In years our fan base has grown stronger under good times under MON and MA.

It is not a surprise that people dont want to rush out and renew to watch Plymouth at home rather than Man U. It may not be right but with prices so high, I feel relunctant to renew mine after the recent events at the club.

Us fans are the heart of the club, but these "release clauses" for decent players is shocking. Im so angry and fcuked off that this has been allowed to happen. Is the club that fcuking stupid.

I will renew but the fcukers that have fcuked the contracts up should then put their hand up and reduce the season tickets so more supporters are happier to renew. I think the club is taking the piss quite frankly!

I haven't renewed mine as yet, but plan to do so in the next week.

scowy I can understand what you're saying, but not everyone thinks like you. If would be great to have 30,000 hardcore loyal fans, who go to every game, but we don't. I reckon we'll sell around 15,000 season tickets.

If it's at all possible, I agree with both of you.

If I lived in Leicester, I would buy a season ticket no matter what. Even if we were in division 3 and playing terrible football.

I also can see what Southern Fox means. Surely the club are taking the fans for granted. They should do this to a certain extent but they should never presume that the fans will flock en masse to the stadium no matter what the price of tickets and no matter what state the club is in. They won't. There are about 15,000 hard core fans who will go whatever. That means that there are at least an equal number of fickle fair weather fans that will only show up if we are doing well.

I'm not renewing my season ticket because I can't stand the smell of them balti pies. Sorry.

The signings issue is only one of several reasons why I haven't rushed to renew my season ticket as yet, although I may do it next week.
I've had a season ticket now for 11 years, and this is the worst deal the club has ever offered in my experience.
In the year we got relegated last, we were offered a special deal to renew in January on four equal payments with a covering credit fee of £10 so that by the time we got to the end of the season most of us had renewed. We were then given a hefty discount because of going down.
This season my ticket is £475 - no discounts, no cup tickets, no concessions, no cheap interest credit - sweet FA in fact, and if they put on fans' fixtures what's in it for us on the cheaper prices as we've already paid a very large amount up front? Yes we get a few more matches in the Fizzies, but the club needs to think about bums on seats, which will be sadly lacking this season unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat and offer some last minute deals which will infuriate those of us who have bought on full price.
AND I'm annoyed by the clauses in the contracts, which we weren't told about. AND I'm FURIOUS that Dickov has gone. AND I never agreed to the club giving out my telephone number to Scottish Power so they could canvass me to change over my utility bills to them. I hate it that they could pass my number on to an irritating person trying to sell me something I don't want.
I suppose like many that I'll renew, merely because I don't want to lose my great spec just above the tunnel and just in front of the Directors, but I'm seething all the same.
I feel let down and exploited, and I'm a rock solid fan who is expected to pay top dollar for what is likely to be mediocre football.
If the club has irritated and annoyed fans like me, then I can't see it winning the hearts and minds of the waverers.

Innocent said:
The signings issue is only one of several reasons why I haven't rushed to renew my season ticket as yet, although I may do it next week.
I've had a season ticket now for 11 years, and this is the worst deal the club has ever offered in my experience.
In the year we got relegated last, we were offered a special deal to renew in January on four equal payments with a covering credit fee of £10 so that by the time we got to the end of the season most of us had renewed. We were then given a hefty discount because of going down.
This season my ticket is £475 - no discounts, no cup tickets, no concessions, no cheap interest credit - sweet FA in fact, and if they put on fans' fixtures what's in it for us on the cheaper prices as we've already paid a very large amount up front? Yes we get a few more matches in the Fizzies, but the club needs to think about bums on seats, which will be sadly lacking this season unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat and offer some last minute deals which will infuriate those of us who have bought on full price.
AND I'm annoyed by the clauses in the contracts, which we weren't told about. AND I'm FURIOUS that Dickov has gone. AND I never agreed to the club giving out my telephone number to Scottish Power so they could canvass me to change over my utility bills to them. I hate it that they could pass my number on to an irritating person trying to sell me something I don't want.
I suppose like many that I'll renew, merely because I don't want to lose my great spec just above the tunnel and just in front of the Directors, but I'm seething all the same.
I feel let down and exploited, and I'm a rock solid fan who is expected to pay top dollar for what is likely to be mediocre football.
If the club has irritated and annoyed fans like me, then I can't see it winning the hearts and minds of the waverers.

That is my feeling too but your delivery was 100 times better. Im glad someone out there shares exactly what I feel! The whole thing is appaling!

Innocent you've hit the nail on the mother fookin head. Leicester City as a business are a complete joke, everything they are doing riles me. The clauses, the season ticket prices, the no frills bollocks. Fair enough we've been in administration but that's from huge contracts and huge transfer fees for crap players, so why have we basically cut all costs since? We have to be fair to our fans, the season tickets prices and the benefits with it are shocking. The clauses are crazy too, yes we don't want to be saddled with players on permiership wages, but we don't want to sign players and give them easy get out clauses, which insult their value. Otherwise we'll sign players perhaps do well and get promoted and then if we come back down have to get rid again, where's the foundations? always chopping and changing, it's pathetic.

Malf said:
where's the foundations?

There are none Malf.

For the club to suggest that they need our money to enable them to buy players is bullsh*t. Transfer fees are rarely paid upfront and players wages are spread over a season. If the fans see investment they will buy tickets (at the right price), simple as that.

Bobby Smith said:
Malf said:
where's the foundations?

There are none Malf.

For the club to suggest that they need our money to enable them to buy players is bullsh*t. Transfer fees are rarely paid upfront and players wages are spread over a season. If the fans see investment they will buy tickets (at the right price), simple as that.

Can assure you if the season ticket sales are low, the club will make less signings, the club will not take risks.

What is meant by 'investment'
- is this an assumption that all shareholders have millions to poor in - that won't happen.
- if you mean a signing or two is made, then yes we would agree with you

Innocent said:

To pick up a few points.

The Foxes Trust had a discussion with the club prior to the final decision on ST prices. We backed a monetary price freeze & the removal of the cup ticket for the very reason you refer to - i.e. included in a package which then is highly likely to become a fans fixture, so lets exclude it & all pay a reduced price instead.

We weren't however made aware that the payment options would change. At this point can we just remind everybody not to pay over the odds % interest on a credit card, follow the link & choose one of the options & you needn't pay interest at all.
http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=222

We raised the issue of the number of Fans fixtures for next season & they need to ensure that the ST remained a good deal. We intend to discuss the grading of all matches with the club soon after the fixture list is released.

Although generally we want the club to be open with fans, we agreed with not putting in the public domain the release clauses, as it would make clubs aware & disappointed that Micky chose to highlight they existed. In reality Dickov's agent did his job & got 9 clubs interested.

The personal data, don't know if you returned you form, but we have ended up agreeing to differ with the club on this one. They should have included a PP envelope with the letter, expecting the fans to pay to remove their name was wrong which we expressed directly, in the Fans Forum & at the LCFC Board Meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263