Season Ticket Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ticket's £430.

Last season we had a squad who as a group of individuals should have been able to keep us up. They didn't gell, for whatever reason. The Squad after the January transfer window were much better, but too little too late.

Now that most of the personalities (ie. Izzet, Dickov, Freund, Bent, etc) and most of the foundation (McKinley, Davidson, Scimeca, etc.) have gone, it leaves us in the same position of needing an almost entirely new squad, except this time there will likely be fkall real experience.

This smacks of either non-existent planning on the part of the club and player management, or just a blatent rip-off by the club.

What happens if MA walks now? No Squad, no manager, no master plan and no money! Nice stadium though, perhaps the Tigers will get their new ground afterall!

For hundred's of pounds I want to be entertained. If the club expect me to take a punt on being entertained then they need to at least give us some expectation....

Chris

Foxes_Trust said:
[

We weren't however made aware that the payment options would change. At this point can we just remind everybody not to pay over the odds % interest on a credit card, follow the link & choose one of the options & you needn't pay interest at all.
http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=222

We raised the issue of the number of Fans fixtures for next season & they need to ensure that the ST remained a good deal. We intend to discuss the grading of all matches with the club soon after the fixture list is released.

Although generally we want the club to be open with fans, we agreed with not putting in the public domain the release clauses, as it would make clubs aware & disappointed that Micky chose to highlight they existed. In reality Dickov's agent did his job & got 9 clubs interested.

The personal data, don't know if you returned you form, but we have ended up agreeing to differ with the club on this one. They should have included a PP envelope with the letter, expecting the fans to pay to remove their name was wrong which we expressed directly, in the Fans Forum & at the LCFC Board Meeting.

I hope you pass my views on to those who are supposed to work in our best interests.
I'm incendescent with rage. The club has NOT been helpful to its true supporters. It has given us no concessions, and not rewarded us for our support, nor been honest with us.
I feel totally let down.
For the first time in 11 years of unstinting support, I don't have a decent deal - and this is a year in which the Foxes' Trust is supposedly working for the supporters. So can you, and the club explain to me why you've both been useless in helping me and others like me to renew our Season tickets on proactive deals?
The Scottish Power issue is unforgiveable, as is a fee payable for credit card transactions - this is the way most of us pay in a plastic world.
I am very angry, and shall make my feelings known.

The Scottish Power issue was a disgrace. The club broke data protection on this matter.

They sent letter's out to season ticket holder's requesting replies with regards to receiving junk mail or not. If you didn't return the letter within a certain amount of days, they would ASSUME you wanted this crap coming through your mail box. They can't give out your personal details unless you consent to it. And to top it off, even if we did wanted to send these replies back, there were no PP envelopes to do so....... :twisted:

Hold on, hold on, hold on.

I am seething about what's going on but we are moving away from the point, the prices aren't ridiculously high for us not to be able to afford them are they? Not high enough for us not to bother buying one, at the end of the day what are you going to do on a saturday if your not going to bother watching City? Forget who we sign, Leicester are in our blood and however frustrating next season might be I still want to be there to cheer the boys on. We won't have much coverage on t.v for us to catch up on what's gone on, so going to the games is where it's at. We'll sign some players don't you worry, Adams wouldn't publically say it if he had any doubt. He speaks his mind, doesn't keep anything from the fans or public (look at the clause fiasco)

Chill your beans and get yout season ticket, i'm renewing mine next week.

Malf said:

I am seething about what's going on but we are moving away from the point, the prices aren't ridiculously high for us not to be able to afford them are they? Not high enough for us not to bother buying one, at the end of the day what are you going to do on a saturday if your not going to bother watching City? Forget who we sign, Leicester are in our blood and however frustrating next season might be I still want to be there to cheer the boys on. We won't have much coverage on t.v for us to catch up on what's gone on, so going to the games is where it's at. We'll sign some players don't you worry, Adams wouldn't publically say it if he had any doubt. He speaks his mind, doesn't keep anything from the fans or public (look at the clause fiasco)

So you can put up with the balti pies then? :wink:

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:

So you can put up with the balti pies then? :wink:

I've got a peg for my nose.

Foxes_Trust said:
Bobby Smith said:
Malf said:
where's the foundations?

There are none Malf.

For the club to suggest that they need our money to enable them to buy players is bullsh*t. Transfer fees are rarely paid upfront and players wages are spread over a season. If the fans see investment they will buy tickets (at the right price), simple as that.

Can assure you if the season ticket sales are low, the club will make less signings, the club will not take risks.

What is meant by 'investment'
- is this an assumption that all shareholders have millions to poor in - that won't happen.
- if you mean a signing or two is made, then yes we would agree with you

Yes, this one.

Innocent said:
[ I hope you pass my views on to those who are supposed to work in our best interests.
I'm incendescent with rage. The club has NOT been helpful to its true supporters. It has given us no concessions, and not rewarded us for our support, nor been honest with us.
I feel totally let down.
For the first time in 11 years of unstinting support, I don't have a decent deal - and this is a year in which the Foxes' Trust is supposedly working for the supporters. So can you, and the club explain to me why you've both been useless in helping me and others like me to renew our Season tickets on proactive deals?
The Scottish Power issue is unforgiveable, as is a fee payable for credit card transactions - this is the way most of us pay in a plastic world.
I am very angry, and shall make my feelings known.

What do you term a pro-active deal ?

- are you referring to whats included in the package or to the removal of some of the payment options.

Scottish Power wise - we complained directly to the club (Peter Jones) as soon as the letters were received (he took numerous calls), we stated the basis of having to opt out & no ppe being supplied was wrong in the Fans Forum (ans one of the supporters club reps said 'what's the problem with paying 20p', thanks for the back up there SC) and then finally got the Trust Observer to raise our objections in the LCFC board meeting.

We are now monitoring where our data goes, currently the affinity company (with the SP deal) is the only company to have received the database, we will continue to keep an eye on its usage.

Foxes_Trust said:
Innocent said:
What do you term a pro-active deal ?

- are you referring to whats included in the package or to the removal of some of the payment options.

A pro-active deal is something which enables the purchaser to feel that s/he is contributing to the club rather than being used by it.
As the current offer stands, I actually feel helpless to aid my club, because I think it's extracting the urine. By catheter. Without anaesthetic. It's treating the paying customers like donors.
PR is vital to any club. And that PR should extend to its most valued resource - its paying fans.
My club has dropped a division for reasons which I actually think were made at board-room level as short-term expediency sticking plasters, and some of those decisions turned out badly. I understand. I accept. As someone who runs their own business I know that there are events and situations beyond control - like La Manga - which have ripple effects. OK. We can't always plan for the leakage of sewage from arbitrary excrement.
But what we can and must do is to make every single fan a part of the clean-up operation.
And LCFC didn't do that. They didn't let us see the plumbing network. And then they made us a part of the problem, rather than allowing us to be part of the solution.
They should have done the following -
1. Given every STH a money-saving deal by organising a 0% finance deal directed and arranged by the club, not by the Foxes' Trust.
2. Avoided the stupidity of arranged deals with some marketing company which flouted the Data Protection Act
3. Given loyal fans a concession - even if it was just a crap meal in the Fosse
4. Not pushed another stupid opportunity to booze at the ground by opening another 'concession' - the '1884 Sports' Bar'. Hello???? Most of us would appreciate it if we didn't have to queue for 25 minutes at half time to get a drink of water and a bag of crisps. For those of us in B1, half-time is a nightmare of not enough toilets and not enough food outlets. It's worse than the Carling Stand
5. Destroy the Hurray Henries. We in the West Stand are appalled by them. They're there for the corporate booze and the big games, and at the Pompey match they even started fighting amongst themselves and the stewards were soft on them, and let them spew it up. Kill, kill, kill, is what I say. Why is this disgraceful behaviour allowed in corporate seating?
6. Which is where I come to my biggest gripe - corporate seating and the Big Boys. It seems to me that LCFC is courting those who don't actually care but who want a meal and full glasses and hostesses in big heels. It's a sham and a shame. If that's who the club cares about, it can declare itself dead right now .
So can we get back to basics, please?
And the basis of this entire rant is that this season we've been treated like kiddie consumers, instead of LCFC football fans. We've had nowt. We've provided everything.
I'm just saying that it's SNAFU. But hey, what the hell?

To pick up your points

"1. Given every STH a money-saving deal by organising a 0% finance deal directed and arranged by the club, not by the Foxes' Trust."

- We are trying to establish how many used the 0% short term loan scheme last season, we were told 'not many', altho somebody reported TD had said 1,000 on Radio Leicester which is certainly significant. Agree more work should have been put in by the club, we put together several options quite quickly so fans weren't penalised & hope it will have saved many a difficult decision

"2. Avoided the stupidity of arranged deals with some marketing company which flouted the Data Protection Act"
- Agree 100%, should have been an opt in, not opt out or as a minimum a ppe supplied to reply. Club stood its ground on this one despite our frequent protests & the Supporters Club really let us down in the Fans Forum by backing the clubs views, all supporters organisations should have opposed the method used. The timing was also poor, as we now appear to have to opt out again when renewing our season ticket.
We will continue to monitor its usage

"3. Given loyal fans a concession - even if it was just a crap meal in the Fosse"
- The club would argue that the lower prices for ST's of over 1 year rewards loyal ST's. We will push for a discount on cup tickets for ST's

"4. Not pushed another stupid opportunity to booze at the ground by opening another 'concession' - the '1884 Sports' Bar'. Hello???? Most of us would appreciate it if we didn't have to queue for 25 minutes at half time to get a drink of water and a bag of crisps. For those of us in B1, half-time is a nightmare of not enough toilets and not enough food outlets. It's worse than the Carling Stand"
- Not had many complaints about the West Stand facilties, which having sat there recently for a reserves game surprised me, as I went down for a drink at half time & gave up. More options are available in the East Stand, think the problem is the West Stand being cut in 2.
- Sports bar, a few of our members had requested this sort of facility, but it wasn't one we pushed for. Wonder if drinks from 11am onwards is the smartest move.

"5. Destroy the Hurray Henries. We in the West Stand are appalled by them. They're there for the corporate booze and the big games, and at the Pompey match they even started fighting amongst themselves and the stewards were soft on them, and let them spew it up. Kill, kill, kill, is what I say. Why is this disgraceful behaviour allowed in corporate seating?"
- Saw the Pompey incident, they were Pompey 'fans' if you didn't know, we were told by one person entertaining the party they were 'out of their tree' by 1pm when he arrived - in another stand we don't think they would have been allowed to their seats & their behaviour would have led to a mass punch up. The City fans around to their credit handled it very well. We have the 'acceptable behaviour of corporate fans' on our list to discuss with the club during our next meeting. It has to be brought into line with other areas of the ground.

"6. Which is where I come to my biggest gripe - corporate seating and the Big Boys. It seems to me that LCFC is courting those who don't actually care but who want a meal and full glasses and hostesses in big heels. It's a sham and a shame. If that's who the club cares about, it can declare itself dead right now .
So can we get back to basics, please?"
- won't be such a problem next year, with no ManUtd, Arsenal etc, the corporates won't be there, hence the empty seats in that area during our first Walkers season.
- and as a result the normal fans will come back into focus, we expect the club to be seeking the Trust's advice far more, the early season attendances will determine how much

yeah! or similar to the Fiorontina game where Sturridge scored a hat-rick where tickets were £1. :D :D :D

I dont know the full prices of other peoples season tickets but cos im only 21 mine is only £225. Im well happy with that. For 24 games. I dont mind paying for the first cup game either as that is only about a tenner (if its someone shit like it usually is).

Regarding the junk mail, i would have thought the club would have got a substantial amount for that otherwise they wouldnt have done it (please feel free to prove me wrong as these aint facts) and if its going to earn the club a bit of cash im quite happy to feed my shredder one or two more junk letters.

Thanks Foxes' Trust.
That was a great reply to my points and very comprehensive.
I'm pleased that the FT has also addressed many of the points I raised, and is trying to do something about them.
Now I feel a lot better! :D

homer237 said:
if its going to earn the club a bit of cash im quite happy to feed my shredder one or two more junk letters.

Homer, if it was junk letters, I wouldn't be making this fuss, as I get more junk mail than most because of my job.
What I'm really angry about is that the club gave Scottish Power our phone numbers, so I got a call from a salesperson trying to sell me electricity and gas - and I think that's intrusive and just NOT on.

Southern Fox said:
Stop moaning and whinging about our supporters Scowy.

We cant be all as Loyal and as Brilliant as you.

We will be alright in the end. You cant blame supporters for worrying and taking time over renewing. Their club has been turned on its head.

I havent renewed yet but will be but we do not need people quoting the big "I am...." all the bloody time.

Be it loyal or disloyal.... we all support the same team remember.

I think you are a brilliant supporter Southern, you have a long treck and make many games....

Don't put yourself down, I know what the travel's like...

Innocent said:
homer237 said:
if its going to earn the club a bit of cash im quite happy to feed my shredder one or two more junk letters.

Homer, if it was junk letters, I wouldn't be making this fuss, as I get more junk mail than most because of my job.
What I'm really angry about is that the club gave Scottish Power our phone numbers, so I got a call from a salesperson trying to sell me electricity and gas - and I think that's intrusive and just NOT on.

Ah appologies, i did not realise that, i havent received a phone call like it.

To be honest, I love the Foxes Trust coming on here, takes the forum to another level...

alex said:
To be honest, I love the Foxes Trust coming on here, takes the forum to another level...

They remind me of Champagne & Red Bull the buzz you get off them is immense. I'm pleased that they are on here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757