Season Ticket Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
SamuearlJackson said:
credit to moog1972 on the fox fanzine website but i think this sums up what a lot of people think at the moment:

"I have renewed my season ticket, and will continue to do so as long as I've not become completely disillusioned and the price isn't ridiculously high. I feel £300 in the Kop for 23 homes games (which equals £13 a game) is quite reasonable.

However, I don't enjoy etc etc....

100% agree. As a white working class male the Walkers experience offers me little of what I have come to expect from a football match. Since we moved to a new stadium for some reason our board has tried to turn us into the MacDonalds of football. Supporting your team is only part of the whole fan thing.

Scowcroft said:
Leigh said:
Scowcroft said:
I've heard even Burnley have sold 9k season tickets already......

We've got 7k now, we've almost caught up :D with Burnley :shock: :?

Wahey! Got any champagne? :wink:

Keep it on ice until we overtake Derby :roll:

I didn't want to say the IF word scowy but you are dead right, I seriouslly doubt we will overtake Derby's sales. Its a disgrace. Half empty stadium every week, sod that, lower the price, fill the bitch.

Call me a traitor and a queen if you like, but I am not too unhappy about the season ticket sales taking a nosedive.

I get the impression (wholly unsubstantiated, but just an inkling) that some people at the club have taken the fans for granted - "they'll take anything the thick buggers"

Maybe this is a wake up call that has been needed for some time.

You queen.

:wink:

Tigers have smashed the 11,000 barrier! This is getting embarassing for City!!

I have a feeling we will only average about 20K next season.....

City Fan said:
Tigers have smashed the 11,000 barrier! This is getting embarassing for City!!

I have a feeling we will only average about 20K next season.....

Not even that with the way things are going. Add to that the ridiculous single match prices, then it's not looking good at all.....

The problem is now that as they realise the cock up they will be trapped. They cannot turn around and say "Oh, we'll lower the prices then" unless they offer rebates to all the customers that have paid up. They do have an option of lowering the siongle match tickets and IMO they most certainly will. If they do not then going to the Walkers will be about as attractive a prospect as shagging Pat Butcher. Time will tell but I reckon LCFC will struggle to fill the ground once all season. Lower the prices by 25%, refund the 25% that some have already paid, slash 25% of the single match tickets, let's fill the ground and make it a threatening arena for teams to visit. Otherwise I'm afraid a regular occurence will be Leicester 1 - Rotherham United 2, etc etc. Shambles.

Update:

I renewed my season ticket yesterday. I'm still deeply unhappy about many of the issues I raised, but the one bit of good news for anyone who's interested is that if you renew in person, as I did, you're told that you've agreed to the club passing on your personal details to other companies (???) and asked if that's OK with you. I pointed out that it wasn't, and the tick was removed from the database.
I suggest that any other fan worried about this goes down to the club and asks to be removed from the list of those willing to receive unsolicited junk mail and phone calls.

Joe_Fox said:
The problem is now that as they realise the cock up they will be trapped. They cannot turn around and say "Oh, we'll lower the prices then" unless they offer rebates to all the customers that have paid up. They do have an option of lowering the siongle match tickets and IMO they most certainly will. If they do not then going to the Walkers will be about as attractive a prospect as shagging Pat Butcher. Time will tell but I reckon LCFC will struggle to fill the ground once all season. Lower the prices by 25%, refund the 25% that some have already paid, slash 25% of the single match tickets, let's fill the ground and make it a threatening arena for teams to visit. Otherwise I'm afraid a regular occurence will be Leicester 1 - Rotherham United 2, etc etc. Shambles.

Just what I said in my first post on this Season Ticket fiasco. And I repeated it when I went to renew my ticket. The club has shot itself in the foot by not providing a decent reward system for loyal fans, and a good interest-free deal on season ticket repayments.
You may also be interested in the fact that the fee, if you pay by credit card, is £5. When I said that was taking the p*** I was told that Man U charge £15. Like that's any consolation? So can I pass on a tip? If, like me, you have the kind of credit card which issues you with cheques, use a credit card cheque to buy your ticket.

Craig said:
12,500 sold :wink:

Not too bad, thats all we used to sell in the old days at filbo I think?! We will no doubt probably sell another 1500 atleast by the end of the summer so I think we've done pretty well considering the awful amount we'd got signed up a week ago! It would also be in City's interests to have the majority of games in the B grade as we will fill the stadium and potentially make more money in the long run.

Congratulations to Tim Davies and everyone at the club. They have managed to keep prices high and have marketed well to attract as many, if not more, season ticket holders than for 02/03.

This means more financial stability for the club and I am absolutely delighted.

It has been a majestic triumph to sell that many season tickets at those prices. Are they still selling season tickets? What was the deadline for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566