Sheff Utd 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they all need to be over 7ft tall too.

Yang Changpeng - 2.05m - (6ft8½)
Chinese striker who currently plays for the club Three Gorges Kangtian. in the Chinese Super League. He had a one month trial with Bolton Wanderers in 2006.

Last edited:
If we are short on strikers and three of them are injured in the same match, isn't that a bit of a striker crisis...?

1. Fryatt was not injured in the match. We only have Stringer's word that he limped off the pitch,

2. We have literally no idea what is wrong with Waghorn and Howard apart from Stringer's unqualified and piss poor analysis - I'll wait to hear what Pearson says first.

3. If they are injured, then I for one won't panic and I'm sure Pearson won't either. He will bring people in if needs be, you only need to look at the Goalkeeper situation from last season to see that.

4. We still have, if the worst comes to the worst, Campbell, Chambers and Dickov - not ideal replacements, but it's not like we're left with nothing up front.

Yang Changpeng - 2.05m - (6ft8½)
Chinese striker who currently plays for the club Wuhan Guanggu in the Chinese Super League. He had a one month trial with Bolton Wanderers in 2006.

you tube clips please... only then can he be considered

NO..... not in a million years

Fair enough, I agree, we need to move forward and DJ would be bad news in my opinion. Do you think Dickov can still cut it in this league?

Also, it sounded like Berner got beaten a few times tonight - I like his work rate and he seems good in many other areas too-however, his lack of pace is a worry and Powell, though experienced and a good pro, would not exactly cure this problem.

Fair enough, I agree, we need to move forward and DJ would be bad news in my opinion. Do you think Dickov can still cut it in this league?

Also, it sounded like Berner got beaten a few times tonight - I like his work rate and he seems good in many other areas too-however, his lack of pace is a worry and Powell, though experienced and a good pro, would not exactly cure this problem.

Were you listening to the same game? Sounded to me like he had a great match and was praised repeatedly.

Berner gets his tackles in and handles himself really well, if every winger vs full-back battle came down to pace Berner would have been butt raped by Dyer on the first day and by Peters against Ipswich but he wasn't.

WTF? ROFLZ!

Anyway, Barnsley at the weekend. Can't wait, we always beat Barnsleh;)

I really wish you hadn't said that.

Watch Huuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee get a fcuking hatrick.

pulling your hamstring is bad it all depends how badly he has done it.(howard that is)

It also depends on whether or not he's actually pulled his hamstring (howard that is)

I really wish you hadn't said that.

Watch Huuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee get a fcuking hatrick.

The wink was my insurance policy - it either stands for 'trust me on this one', or 'i'm talking out of my arse'...

From a Sheffield UTD forum:

A positive from this game is how good our defense is. Leicester pressured us off the ball in midfield very well inthe first half and had the vast majority of the play but despite that created very few chances. We just need more craft in the second half of the pitch than we showed for large parts of the game.

A word on Leicester - very well organised, passed the ball well and looked tactiaclly very good. One of the best Championship sides I've seen at the lane in the last few years and deserve a lot of credit for just how desperate they made our play look at times.

Ah well, onwards and upwards. If we can shut out Reading and nick a win there overall it'll be a good start.

UTB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570