Sheff Utd home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was a very good performance. Wellens and Fryatt immense. The defence was shaky but just good enough.

Yeah defence very shaky. I was very nervous all through that 2nd half - thought SU looked certain to score every time they went forward. Still we hung on and got the points. Dyer was man of the match for me although even he trailed off a bit.

I missed the start of the second half (and had to watch the rest of the 2nd half on Sky+)

What happened to Hobbs? Assuming injury... which leaves us pretty short for Donnie!

Thought McGivern actually seemed better as a centre back than a left back!

Echoing the sentiments made so far... but Wellens, Dyer and Fryatt were all fantastic. Fryatt was MOTM for me. Full of running and chasing for the whole 90 minutes, and some quality touches as well. Looked a constant threat. I expect we'll receive some serious offers in January... just hope MM doesn't get too tempted by them. Think we'd struggle to replace him, almost regardless of how much we got for him.

Thought Oakley wasn't great tonight, but his delivery from corners was top class.

I thought we were excellent tonight and thoroughly deserved the win. Not seen us test the keeper so many times for a long time

Fryatt, Dyer, and Howard were simply superb - King and McGivern not far behind. Oakley was poor in the first half, but his second half performance was excellent

The only downside was the ridiculous decision to bring on an inexperienced right back instead of an international and very experienced left back - particularly as it was in the area down which they had launched all of their attacks in the first half. No surprise he was repeatedly bum-raped, and we got off lightly from what was a basic and rather stupid tactical error

Much better performance than against Sheff. Wednesday, as this team were pretty good IMO

Lovely stuff :038::038::038:

The only downside was the ridiculous decision to bring on an inexperienced right back instead of an international and very experienced left back - particularly as it was in the area down which they had launched all of their attacks in the first half. No surprise he was repeatedly bum-raped, and we got off lightly from what was a basic and rather stupid tactical error

Couldn't understand that myself... thought I must've got it wrong and Powell wasn't on the bench... couldn't see why O'Neill would come on out of position if we had Chris Powell on the bench, with what was already a young, shaky, inexperienced defence.

Thought Mcgivern and morrison were excellent at CB, particularly McGivern who gave us some much needed pace against Henri Camara, he also won his fair share of headers. Presumably Berner isn't 100% fit and that was the reason for bringing on O'Neill. Wellens didn't stop running and Fryatt was a constant menace. Howard did his job well with limited service. Another superb 3 points!

See above. Pearson explained on Sky.

Fryatt was MOTM for me. Full of running and chasing for the whole 90 minutes, and some quality touches as well. Looked a constant threat. I expect we'll receive some serious offers in January... just hope MM doesn't get too tempted by them. Think we'd struggle to replace him, almost regardless of how much we got for him..

I was actually hoping that he wouldn't play so well in front of the cameras for the same reason! But some of his touches and runs were just brilliant

Couldn't understand that myself... thought I must've got it wrong and Powell wasn't on the bench... couldn't see why O'Neill would come on out of position if we had Chris Powell on the bench, with what was already a young, shaky, inexperienced defence.

Ooops... obviously meant Berner instead of Powell.. :icon_redf

Was thinking about whether or not Powell would feature against Donny though, assuming Hobbs/Brown are out.

We weren't clinical enough but hung on well. They were there for the taking at 2-0 and I knew they would come out strong second half.

We deserved the 3 pts but it should have been easier. I thought wellens and fryatt were excellent.

Asuperb result considering injuries, i thought Wellens/King went missing for half an hour second half, ONeil was poor Morrison McGivern good Dyer/Fryatt were best
I would have settled for draw at the start, if Berner /Brown/Hobbs would have played it would have been comfortable 3 pts but enjoyed hanging on
Wellens booked again(suspension looming?)were doing ok iwas proud of them , not scintilating but worked/fought hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669