Sheff Utd Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a leading advocate of Megson as our Manager, last night was something of a disappointment.

We were poor on the night. No worse than Sheff U though. They fielded what was probably the strongest Championship line-up I've seen at the Walkers. They should have outclassed us, but didn't. In truth, they played well below the standard I would have expected of them, thanks to the skills of Bryan Robson. We had one big chance in the game each. They took theirs and we missed ours (Fryatt for the second game running).

I was surprised that he went for 3 in midfield instead of 3 up front. I think we asked too much of our forwards. The injuries hampered us and left GM with little in the way of options to change things.

Frustrating times. Whether the unsettling events off the field are getting in the way yet again, I don't know. But we need to know whether our long term Manager will be Megson before Saturday or I fear a repeat against Barnsley.

I'd rather Megson stayed but if he is going to leave, I'd rather he went now than continue this uncertainty any longer. I shudder to think what we'll do if we have to find yet another new Manager. I genuinely cannot see a way forward with any realistic alternative option. Who would want to come here after our record on Manager's, apart from someone who can't get a job anywhere else?

That is the one thing you can say about our lot. Whatever happened to Foxes Never Quit? I wouldn't back this lot to show the gumption to win a game against a team of 1 legged arthritic grannies...

Get with the times, Grandad

We've had 'Keep The Faith', 'We're In It Together' and 'One Team One Dream' since then

Not forgetting the current slogan "We Are Feckin' Shite But What You Gonna Do About It, Loser ?"

As a leading advocate of Megson as our Manager, last night was something of a disappointment.

We were poor on the night. No worse than Sheff U though. They fielded what was probably the strongest Championship line-up I've seen at the Walkers. They should have outclassed us, but didn't. In truth, they played well below the standard I would have expected of them, thanks to the skills of Bryan Robson. We had one big chance in the game each. They took theirs and we missed ours (Fryatt for the second game running).

I was surprised that he went for 3 in midfield instead of 3 up front. I think we asked too much of our forwards. The injuries hampered us and left GM with little in the way of options to change things.

Frustrating times. Whether the unsettling events off the field are getting in the way yet again, I don't know. But we need to know whether our long term Manager will be Megson before Saturday or I fear a repeat against Barnsley.

I'd rather Megson stayed but if he is going to leave, I'd rather he went now than continue this uncertainty any longer. I shudder to think what we'll do if we have to find yet another new Manager. I genuinely cannot see a way forward with any realistic alternative option. Who would want to come here after our record on Manager's, apart from someone who can't get a job anywhere else?

I cannot believe you would seriously consider Megson staying at our club after the way he has conducted himself over the past 4 or 5 days. He has been at our club 5 weeks and already he wants to jump into bed with another club.

Our next manager pick any from Ince, Grayson, Tilson or possibly even Kenny Jackett and I think all would be gettable and would be excited at managing a club with our resources and all would bring fresh ideas and enthusiam to the job.

For me it has to be Ince, he could perform the same type of job as Keane, hated him as a player, but I think he has all the credentials to be a top manager. We should have got him in the summer.

Get with the times, Grandad

We've had 'Keep The Faith', 'We're In It Together' and 'One Team One Dream' since then

Not forgetting the current slogan "We Are Feckin' Shite But What You Gonna Do About It, Loser ?"

I've been asleep... Wasn't like that in my day

I cannot believe you would seriously consider Megson staying at our club after the way he has conducted himself over the past 4 or 5 days. He has been at our club 5 weeks and already he wants to jump into bed with another club.

It's all about opinions, I guess. We played a lot worse than this in the first few weeks under MON. Should we have dumped him after 5 weeks? Should we have so little respect for any Manager who has lost 2 out of 9 games in charge with a pitifully weak squad, none of whom were his own players?

GM owes this club nothing. We have given him virtually zero support since the day he arrived here. His treatment in his time away from football suggests that he will look after himself from now on. Can't blame him for that. In his shoes, I'd rather have the Bolton job than be ridiculed like he was yet again last night.

It all depends how attached to him MM is and how MM sees the future if he lets GM go.

GM owes this club nothing. We have given him virtually zero support since the day he arrived here. His treatment in his time away from football suggests that he will look after himself from now on. Can't blame him for that. In his shoes, I'd rather have the Bolton job than be ridiculed like he was yet again last night.

We only gave him his break after 19 months out of the sport. He was blacklisted and untouchable candidate.

If expecting them to score goals is asking too much then they shouldnt be in the game... still pissed off this morning with that garbage performance.

It's all about opinions, I guess. We played a lot worse than this in the first few weeks under MON. Should we have dumped him after 5 weeks? Should we have so little respect for any Manager who has lost 2 out of 9 games in charge with a pitifully weak squad, none of whom were his own players?

It all depends how attached to him MM is and how MM sees the future if he lets GM go.

My comments have nothing to do with the quality or type of football we play, I cannot support a manager who after 5 weeks in charge is whoring himself about to other clubs.

So fcuking what, if he wasn't welcomed with open arms, he should have the character and belief in his own ability to prove people wrong and win the doubters over, not start looking for bigger and better opportunities.

I would still be supporting Megson if he wasn't looking for an easy get out, 8 or 9 games is no time to seriously judge a managers credentials but what Megson has done is shown what he is like as a person and that is something I don't like and he is taking the p1ss out of our club and I will not accept that.

There is no comparison with MON, he came in and was not particularly well recieved but he stuck to his principles and went on to prove a lot of us wrong and became our most successful manager, I don't recall him trying to feck off to another club 5 weeks after his appointment.

We only gave him his break after 19 months out of the sport. He was blacklisted and untouchable candidate.

Which indicates just how slim the pickings were for MM at that time. It was him or Roeder or Reid. What has changed since then? Would you rather either of the other two candidates? Oh, I forget, Gregory is now available too.

People who go on about Managers in other jobs like Grayson and Ince are in a world of their own. Given MM's record, if you're in a safe job and MM comes a knocking, you'd have to be clinically insane to join this particular circus.

MM has backed himself into a corner and I think will fight to keep GM because he knows that nobody out there that's any good will come here.

No, it's the crap out of workers you've got to choose from.

Last edited:
We haven't played Watford, it didn't happen, everybody go back into your houses & remain calm.
I was in France.

Our one decent performance of 2007 that didn't happen and I wasn't there to see it not happen.

I'm not miffed about it.

I'm not.

I have to say, Leicester City are the laughing stock of all English leagues at the moment! I am actually embarrassed to be a supporter. We should end our sponsorship with Topps Tiles and have EuroDisney on the shirts, as I have never known a club so Mickey Mouse!

What the feck is going on?? Firstly a manager who was a little maverick but was a fans favourite was sacked, then we get Megson, who won't sign a contract as he knows this is only a short term gig, 14 new signings in the summer, most of whom are shit. Our forwards cannot score goals, fact. We cannot even give the likes of Scunthorpe a decent game.

I'm sorry but this is not good enough. Milan, get hold of our Club and start to run it like a business, otherwise, I am afraid you will see no return on your investment. Find a manager with experience, passion, intellect, strategy and an eye for talent. Give the players a kick up the arse as well as clearly they have lost interest.

Milan promised to bring the glory days back to Leicester, so far he has done anything but that - in fact, the clubs reputation is probably the worst it has ever been.

I have to say, Leicester City are the laughing stock of all English leagues at the moment! I am actually embarrassed to be a supporter. We should end our sponsorship with Topps Tiles and have EuroDisney on the shirts, as I have never known a club so Mickey Mouse!

What the feck is going on?? Firstly a manager who was a little maverick but was a fans favourite was sacked, then we get Megson, who won't sign a contract as he knows this is only a short term gig, 14 new signings in the summer, most of whom are shit. Our forwards cannot score goals, fact. We cannot even give the likes of Scunthorpe a decent game.

I'm sorry but this is not good enough. Milan, get hold of our Club and start to run it like a business, otherwise, I am afraid you will see no return on your investment. Find a manager with experience, passion, intellect, strategy and an eye for talent. Give the players a kick up the arse as well as clearly they have lost interest.

Milan promised to bring the glory days back to Leicester, so far he has done anything but that - in fact, the clubs reputation is probably the worst it has ever been.

If you said that in front of me, I'd probably have to kiss your feet.

good post :038:
PS - Leicester City - cough up the money you owe me for stewarding !!! :mad:

I very much doubt any other clubs fans care enough about to us to worry themselves laughing at us.

Fulop- nowt to do exept pick the ball out his sodding net
kisnorbo- defo should have had peno but his luck seems to be out at the mo
maccauly- poor
N'gotty- another showing of great defender/shit passer
sheehan- one of those players that does well for 5 games then runs out of steam
stearman- lanky streak of piss, cant cross, run or stand up a winger, so WTF is he doing at wing-back?
chambers- good tackler, should swap with stearz
weso- drowned out whem clem went
newton- only player that runs with the ball
fryatt- should have scored.....twice
John- ??? hardly got a touch although he did miss a good headed chance

AND I STILL MAINTAIN THAT DJ CAMPBELL IS THE MOST USELESS STRIKER WE'VE EVER HAD!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59