Sheff Utd Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulop- nowt to do exept pick the ball out his sodding net
kisnorbo- defo should have had peno but his luck seems to be out at the mo
maccauly- poor
N'gotty- another showing of great defender/shit passer
sheehan- one of those players that does well for 5 games then runs out of steam
stearman- lanky streak of piss, cant cross, run or stand up a winger, so WTF is he doing at wing-back?
chambers- good tackler, should swap with stearz
weso- drowned out whem clem went
newton- only player that runs with the ball
fryatt- should have scored.....twice
John- ??? hardly got a touch although he did miss a good headed chance

AND I STILL MAINTAIN THAT DJ CAMPBELL IS THE MOST USELESS STRIKER WE'VE EVER HAD!!!

You do remember Trevor Benjamin don't you?

Absolutely disgraceful. Every last man was shocking (well ok except fullop). Clueless,talentless,devoid of any tactics, toothless,lazy,inept.
Dont know how many more games i can tolerate.I used to look forward to my football so much it actually got me through the week.Im dreading it these days. :icon_sad:

Steve Walsh on radio Leicester last night rapidly lost all control and said how bad this all was. He found it difficult at one point to stop himself having a go at the manager & I'm sure he said "Megson will go now, I'm sure - he has to" but then tried to effectively retract it by not repeating it (he meant it - only didn't repeat it so the Radio Leicester bosses wouldn't tell him off I should think). But he was livid - & cleary thought the team could and should play better, even under the circumstances. He also pointed out that at several points Leicester had 3 men marking one man in their defensive third of the pitch. His argument was that at home, at least one of those City players should be pressing well forward, not hanging back. This is a man who played in a defensive team in the MON era that had wing backs - so we should accept that he knows that Megson is over-doing the defensive bit even under this system.
As several have pointed out, Brown Nose gets the understatement of the year award by saying the game/performance 'was a disappointment' (but what do you expect from a civil servant - they speak with fork tongues). He points out a strong collection of individuals in Sheff Utd's line-up didn't play well and are languishing at the bottom. To me this shows what a poor manager does - produces poor football & poor results. A better manager would have beaten Sheff Utd, even with Clemence off the field.

Last edited:
I'm even not ashamed to say that I left the game early... and I've never done that before.

Steve Walsh on radio Leicester last night rapidly lost all control and said how bad this all was. He found it difficult at one point to stop himself having a go at the manager & I'm sure he said "Megson will go now, I'm sure - he has to" but then tried to effectively retract it by not repeating it (he meant it - only didn't repeat it so the Radio Leicester bosses wouldn't tell him off I should think). But he was livid - & cleary thought the team could and should play better, even under the circumstances. He also pointed out that at several points Leicester had 3 men marking one man in their defensive third of the pitch. His argument was that at home, at least one of those City players should be pressing well forward, not hanging back. This is a man who played in a defensive team in the MON era that had wing backs - so we should accept that he knows that Megson is over-doing the defensive bit even under this system.
As several have pointed out, Brown Nose gets the understatement of the year award by saying the game/performance 'was a disappointment' (but what do you expect from a civil servant - they speak with fork tongues). He points out a strong collection of individuals in Sheff Utd's line-up didn't play well and are languishing at the bottom. To me this shows what a poor manager does - produces poor football & poor results. A better manager would have beaten Sheff Utd, even with Clemence off the field.

From what I heard of walshie after the game, he was trying to apply for the job as assistant to taggers over the radio.

I'm even not ashamed to say that I left the game early... and I've never done that before.
i thought about it,because i knew we wouldnt score if we stayed on there till midnight.but i stayed anyway,a kind of built in self torture that ive adapted over the last few seasons.

Probably the worst performace for a long time the fact that they brought on a sub GK and he never was even tested by a shot or a cross is an absolute joke.

the one period we looked remotly thretening was when porter came on and we went 442 shehan and porter did well and linked up nicely. Megson then switched newton to the left and porter to the right and any threat evaporated.

GM owes this club nothing. We have given him virtually zero support since the day he arrived here. His treatment in his time away from football suggests that he will look after himself from now on. Can't blame him for that. In his shoes, I'd rather have the Bolton job than be ridiculed like he was yet again last night.

It all depends how attached to him MM is and how MM sees the future if he lets GM go.

I have never understood this arguement that the paying public owe something to a new paid employee. If Megson wants to be a respected Leicester manager, then he should earn the respect. It's not easy: that's why the pay is so good. Martin O'Neill was booed: he stuck with it, pushed the jeers back into the throats of the doubters and is a Leicester legend. That's the way it works.

From what I heard of walshie after the game, he was trying to apply for the job as assistant to taggers over the radio.

After the game? He made his first bid about 10 minutes before the end.

I have never understood this arguement that the paying public owe something to a new paid employee. If Megson wants to be a respected Leicester manager, then he should earn the respect. It's not easy: that's why the pay is so good. Martin O'Neill was booed: he stuck with it, pushed the jeers back into the throats of the doubters and is a Leicester legend. That's the way it works.

And held deep resentment for it to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58