Sheff Weds post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forum is boring when we win.I Cant be doing with everyone being happy and harmonious, this place thrives on gloom and despondancy.

I know you are only used to moaning (cus we had a shit last 3 or 4 years) but ffs dont forget how to celebrate winning and getting 3points for the cause.

feckin el get off their backs and jump up and down a bit with delight when we win.... :038:

We aint no losers today....!!!!

Well done City..!! :038:

I know you are only used to moaning (cus we had a shit last 3 or 4 years) but ffs dont forget how to celebrate winning and getting 3points for the cause.

feckin el get off their backs and jump up and down a bit with delight when we win.... :038:

We aint no losers today....!!!!

Well done City..!! :038:
Well said, I agree. :038: Although you might be disappointed when they are back to their usual selves...

Last edited:
Well said, I agree. :038: Although you might be disappointed when they are back to their usual selves...

I would say 'when they look like their previous crap form' :icon_sad:

hopefully now megson can drop underperforming individuals with lads that have something to prove. :icon_bigg

Bit underwhelmed with the feedback on here tonight!

For me, the 3-5-2 formation finally clicked today. Sure, Wednesday had plenty of ball, but we carried the greater threat going forward. Remember, we were due for a pasting because Graham Kavanagh et al would be far too strong for our lightweight and inexperienced midfield. Obviously read the script to King, Chambers and Newton.

This was definately NOT a dour, defensive display - well done lads!

Bit underwhelmed with the feedback on here tonight!

For me, the 3-5-2 formation finally clicked today. Sure, Wednesday had plenty of ball, but we carried the greater threat going forward. Remember, we were due for a pasting because Graham Kavanagh et al would be far too strong for our lightweight and inexperienced midfield. Obviously read the script to King, Chambers and Newton.

This was definately NOT a dour, defensive display - well done lads!

It was a step forward, but we still played the worst team in the league...

Wednesday were so poor first half, we should have been at least 4 up.
Newton and Chambers did well today especially Newton in the second half, looked good going forward from a central midfield position.

It was a step forward, but we still played the worst team in the league...

:018:

QPR are the worst team in the league, as they are bottom of the league. :icon_wink

On another 'whose the worst team' note, it could be a terrible season for the two Sheffield sides. Walshie said Sheff Wednesday were pretty bad, and after watching Sheff Utd earlier theye're just as shit.

Our defence have only let in one goal in four games and that was a deflection. . I don't know whether that is down to Taggs or "Ginger Mourinho" but someone has done a good job.

Good professional away performance, hopefully the international break will allow Megson and his back room team the opportunity to bring in some much needed quality additions to the squad and also the opportunity to use the break as a mini pre season to work on team shape and team play.

Another break? seems to be one every few weeks at the moment.

Just a thought, but perhaps Sheff Wed were made to look poor, give the team credit the game plan and the way it was executed reaped dividends and at last we are starting to look a solid defensive unit. Megson's tactics and formation are perfectly set up for away games, hence 3 very good away victories, now what is needed is some extra quality that can come in and make the difference in the home game when the emphasis is on ourselves.

In fairness to Megson and the players they seemed to have got quite a few things right in a very short space of time and IMO the international break will only help that as it will allow Megson to bring in reinforcements and also quality work with the players on the training ground.

Another break? seems to be one every few weeks at the moment.

According to Chambers on the OS they will be "working hard at the training ground" :eek:

And for Brauny and others who are feeling withdrawal symptoms without something to have a moan about.... it's 76 minutes since they scored a goal. 84 if you don't count own goals.

by the way if we win our game in hand we are only 2 points off the playoffs!:icon_bigg

Just a thought, but perhaps Sheff Wed were made to look poor, give the team credit the game plan and the way it was executed reaped dividends and at last we are starting to look a solid defensive unit. Megson's tactics and formation are perfectly set up for away games, hence 3 very good away victories, now what is needed is some extra quality that can come in and make the difference in the home game when the emphasis is on ourselves.

In fairness to Megson and the players they seemed to have got quite a few things right in a very short space of time and IMO the international break will only help that as it will allow Megson to bring in reinforcements and also quality work with the players on the training ground.

No, they really were appallingly bad.
Listening to other fans who have watched them play their team,and Weds fans themselves, I had some idea that they weren't very good this season but yesterday I was quite surprised at how awful they were.

I thought it was a very good away performance.

Two teams with zero confidence, City got an early boost and then controlled the game without much possession. Looked dangerous on the break but kept wanting to walk the ball in.

Chambers IMO was outstanding. King and Sheehan impressed me aswell.

my view of that game yesterday was simply that this league is a big pile of w***

my view of that game yesterday was simply that this league is a big pile of w***

yep and weve been in the lower reaches of it for years.

Good performace yesterday boys, saw that the stewards were being twats by telling everyone to sit down, lucky me I was right at the top and no-one behind me so I was ok. Good first goal from then the deflection was pretty lucky. Sheffield Wednesday were bollox. Chambers and Fulop the picks of the game i would say. So thats 1 loss in 11 seems pretty good. Keep it going lads never no what could happen:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669