Post Match Sheffield United 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when teams (basically the city) try to protect one goal leads by going all defensive :001:

Agreed. There's the old adage (perhaps from the NFL) the best defence is a good offence. Admittedly, SHU were slinging the crosses into the box, and Soyuncu was being beaten in the air, so I could understand the desire to stiffen the back line but I did think Rodgers wasn't perhaps sending the best message, as if he wasn't overly confident of us adding a 3rd, thinking them equalising was more likely.

Had a look at their forum. Quite a salty bunch by the looks of it, gutted that no one seems bothered that they apparently played nice football in the championship. I only saw the first half but I thought they were dogshit, naive and there for the taking.

Agreed. There's the old adage (perhaps from the NFL) the best defence is a good offence. Admittedly, SHU were slinging the crosses into the box, and Soyuncu was being beaten in the air, so I could understand the desire to stiffen the back line but I did think Rodgers wasn't perhaps sending the best message, as if he wasn't overly confident of us adding a 3rd, thinking them equalising was more likely.
Which looked the more likely (the equaliser), so bringing on a very good header of the ball in Morgen was entirely sensible and to boot he won a number of headed duels that perhaps Soyuncu or Evans might have lost.

His other substitution in Barnes also gave us back the lead so in my book his substitutions were entirely justified, effective and sensible.

Had a look at their forum. Quite a salty bunch by the looks of it, gutted that no one seems bothered that they apparently played nice football in the championship. I only saw the first half but I thought they were dogshit, naive and there for the taking.

They are shit.

I love pissing on a Yorkshiremans corn flakes.

God's own ****ry indeed

His other substitution in Barnes also gave us back the lead so in my book his substitutions were entirely justified, effective and sensible.

Justified, absolutely. I'm not being critical in the slightest. I was simply looking at the other side of the coin. As I remarked earlier, it made for a backs to the wall, nervy finish. The sort of thing we almost made our trademark a number of seasons ago.

They are shit.

I love pissing on a Yorkshiremans corn flakes.

God's own ****ry indeed
You forget what Yorkshire football fans are like, you don’t come across many in the Premier League these days.

Which looked the more likely (the equaliser), so bringing on a very good header of the ball in Morgen was entirely sensible and to boot he won a number of headed duels that perhaps Soyuncu or Evans might have lost.

I agree. They were very one dimensional second half and could only chuck the ball into the box. Without Ndidi, we lacked height so Morgan was a totally understandable change. He did exceptionally well in his cameo as well.

I never felt that we were vulnerable apart from that. They had nothing in midfield or wide. We strolled through most of the game.

Sheff Utd are a bottom six scrappy team that you just have to dig in and beat. Off the top of my head, we didn't do that last season at the likes of Fulham, Palace and Brighton.

You forget what Yorkshire football fans are like, you don’t come across many in the Premier League these days.
On a similar note I really enjoyed the united fans calling in to 606 last night losing their shit.

“Ole has to go”
“We are a joke of a club”
“It’s ferguson’s fault for setting the bar too high for his successor”

I agree. They were very one dimensional second half and could only chuck the ball into the box. Without Ndidi, we lacked height so Morgan was a totally understandable change. He did exceptionally well in his cameo as well.

I never felt that we were vulnerable apart from that. They had nothing in midfield or wide. We strolled through most of the game.

Sheff Utd are a bottom six scrappy team that you just have to dig in and beat. Off the top of my head, we didn't do that last season at the likes of Fulham, Palace and Brighton.

Very true. People quick to criticise, perhaps expecting us to win by more, but we weren't winning these games last season.

Can't criticise BR for getting Morgan on to add to the defence when we've won - the game could've gone differently if he didn't do that.

I think they have that kind of arrogance and bounce that comes on the back of a promotion season and you don’t look bad in your first few games, get a couple of results etc.

We had it when we came up, drew with Everton, drew with Arsenal, odd goal defeat at Stoke?, that comeback against Man Utd. I came away from the Man Utd game saying ‘Yeah we’re going to be alright!’ We hardly won another game for months and needed the miracle to stay up. :oops:

Results our way with Spurs losing and Wolves drawing. Steady at 4th. Nice

Interesting discussion on Goals on Sunday showing that Billy Sharp was offside as they put the ball into the box for the equaliser.

Evans was then impeded from challenging McBurnie by Sharp so he was interfering with play.

The goal arguably shouldn't have stood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469