Sheffield United KO pushed back for Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are wrong, many people wont have a lot of money at christmas to be buying extra "luxuries" such as footy tickets, and can justify the extra expense even less with it being on tv.

Feel free to drag this thread up if we get a bumper crowd in for the game, but im not so sure! :icon_wink

Those people probably wouldn't have gone anyway, TV or no TV.

More importantly my first child is due on Boxing day. I am now unsure how the Sky schedule will marry with my partners contractions. Answers on a post card!!

More importantly my first child is due on Boxing day. I am now unsure how the Sky schedule will marry with my partners contractions. Answers on a post card!!

That's easy, set your sky+ to record the match, drop her off at the hospital on your way to the Walkers, and then poke your head in at the hospital on your way to the post match pint.

You can then go home, watch the match again on the telly and wait for her to ring you to tell you if it's a boy or a girl.

With any luck she'll do that before it gets too late and you can catch last orders to wet the baby's head.

Simples

Usually one of the better attended matches... wonder how much of a hit the gate will take with people now watching on TV/families with small kids not coming.

Not everyone is happy about Boxing Day fixtures. There are people who cannot attend because of family commitments over Xmas and others who cannot attend because there is no public transport. Yet the official attendance figures will count season ticket holders whether they are in their seats or not.

I would always prefer a live game to one on TV but in this case I will use three words that you do not often see put together "Well done Sky".

For me, this is precisely the reason why this is now a steaming great bag of absolute feckin' shite

Sky you are a ****ing ******* ****ing shower of *****
:icon_bigg
only 2% of babies arrive on their due date, jesus is a nice name

Does any one else think that the wording of the statement is a bit strange "Leicester City Football Club has today learned" makes it sound like we didn't have a say in the matter.

The club has probably worded it like that to make people realise they don't have a say in the matter.

How does that work then? I know "money talks," particulaly in the case of sky, but there must be some sort of process for the clubs to agree to. As once picked for sky wouldn't the club be then obliged to move kick off? or does that only apply to saturday games?

The club has probably worded it like that to make people realise they don't have a say in the matter.

It is said that the Safety Authority are the only people who can veto a match once Sky has taken control of kick-off time/date. IT seems to me however that even they give way to Sky when push comes to shove.

Not everyone is happy about Boxing Day fixtures. There are people who cannot attend because of family commitments over Xmas and others who cannot attend because there is no public transport. Yet the official attendance figures will count season ticket holders whether they are in their seats or not.

I would always prefer a live game to one on TV but in this case I will use three words that you do not often see put together "Well done Sky".

The official attendance figure counts the number attending the game and no more.

Dont tell Macky:icon_bigg

Mrs Macky wouldn't let me call any of the boys 'Jesus', I had to settle for Matthew, Mark, Luke and John instead.
I tried telling her we'd pronounce it hay-soos but she wasn't having it. Shame, it's a great name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669