Sheffield Weds v Leicester 14th January 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends what time we get there other half working in the morning shouldnt be that late its nearer to us than you

Yorkshire Vixen said:
depends what time we get there other half working in the morning shouldnt be that late its nearer to us than you

Get yourself in there duck, I will buy you a schooner of sherry ;)

I maybe going to the fat cat, but its a bit far from the ground for my liking, i may go to one of the ones a bit closer to the ground.

fosseboy83 said:
How fars this pub from the ecclesal Road?

Bloody miles!!! Thats where im staying, you can either walk/bus to the train station to pick up the tram, or walk 20 mins or so up the hill towards sheffiled university union where there is also a tram stop.

Lboro fox said:
Bloody miles!!! Thats where im staying, you can either walk/bus to the train station to pick up the tram, or walk 20 mins or so up the hill towards sheffiled university union where there is also a tram stop.

or drive.................:icon_wink

Useful pub & parking guide

http://www.fansfc.com/sheffieldwednesdayfootballclub/guide.asp

HOSPITALITY
No, no, wind your eyeballs in, I didn’t mean the hospitality as in freebies! I mean the many local drinking establishments of course. Most of which, fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your viewpoint and/or mentality, the visiting supporter will be refused admission to. But don’t despair. Because in much the same way that clubs categorise entrance fees these days, I will now offer an appraisal of a number of local pubs in similar fashion. As a rough guide, Category A will result in an extended stay in Sheffield….via casualty in the Northern General, etc, etc.

Category A – The Park Hotel
Unfortunately, because it’s so convenient for away fans situated just before you hit Leppings Lane, this pub is an absolute no-no for all visiting supporters. You need a ticket to get in and if you did manage to sneak your way in you would probably find The Park far more inhabited with home fans than the ground which is literally a stone’s throw away. Or a house brick, if you catch my gist. Put simply, do not approach this pub displaying your colours.

Category B – The Shakespeare
This can be found in the busy Hillsborough shopping centre about half a mile away from the stadium. It’s not a young ‘top-man’ boozer but not full of fossils either. You’ll be quite safe in here but be careful not to enter the other two pubs in this area, where your welcome may not be so, er, welcoming. Colours best kept under wraps in the vicinity.

Category C – The Horse & Jockey
You’ve cracked it! Drink to your heart’s content and wear your colours with pride in this modern and extremely away fan friendly ale establishment. It’s a little bit further away from the ground, about half a mile up Wadsley Lane near the Leppings Lane end of the stadium, but your safety here is guaranteed. Also be aware that although they’ll love your custom before the game, this does not extend to the time immediately after the match, for obvious reasons. Especially given Wednesday’s well-documented home form.

Any other pubs not mentioned – well, it’s your life, do with it as you may. Some will be more friendly than others but it’s certainly worth bearing in mind to refrain from broadcasting your colours and your accents!

what about the fat cat?

Joe_Fox said:
what about the fat cat?

Should be far enough away from the ground to have any problems.

bocadillo said:
Should be far enough away from the ground to have any problems.

whats the area its in liek Boc? you been before?

Joe_Fox said:
whats the area its in liek Boc? you been before?

No, I haven't - but the bloke on u.l.y that told me about the nearest tram-stop said that there is a bit of building going on in the area.

If you look at this, the first pub is near the tram-stop, the second is on the way to The Fat Cat and the third *is* the Fat Cat. Perhaps that will help you judge the answer to your question.

Hmmm, looks lovely. Anyway, a lot of sheff is grim so I'm not bothered by the pictures. it's the beer that counts!

just rang the ticket office, weve sold about 1400 tickets. soon to be 1405

lako42 said:
just rang the ticket office, weve sold about 1400 tickets. soon to be 1405

Disgustingly low turn-out for such a short journey. I hope that a lot intend to pay on the gate!

bocadillo said:
Disgustingly low turn-out for such a short journey. I hope that a lot intend to pay on the gate!

Well I and 2 others definitely do.

i expect there will be a good amount paying on the door who cant be bothered with the hassle of driving into leicester to get their tickets. i predict 1800+ altogether. baring in mind our shocking away form a low turn out should never be unexpected. still im sure we will create some good atmosphere tomorow.

We took a shit load of fans - how many do you think were there? Maybe 3000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566