Should we give DJ Campbell a second chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet the mirror and Sun claim we have accepted an offer of 750k, I wonder who is talking the most shit?

We may be accepted the offer of £750k but rejected £1m because we feel sorry for them? It's not nice ripping people off

I don't think that Blackpool or anyone else would pay £1m for DJ at this stage in his rapidly running down contract.

I do think that he's probably worth a few hundred thousand to Leicester to keep if he's properly motivated.

Who cares if he's been a total wast of space in the past; it's scoring goals (or not) next season that counts.

Offering DJ a new contract though is just further proof that the louder, more window lickish mongs get heard, whilst sensible fans suffer in silence.

I don't understand, are you suggesting that the professional management team are window lickers who should sign over all team decisions to a self selecting section of the fans?

I hope we have accepted the offer as in some reports and not refused it as in others.

It strikes me as incredibly risky to keep him. We are turning down not only the money but the chance to offload such huge wages based on a few performances in training matches. Obviously, I hope he comes good if we do keep him, but in turning down offers like this and supposedly offering him a new contract when he's still yet to prove himself for us in competitive matches and we could be letting ourselves in for the past 3 years all over again. His wages are such a burden that we have to get rid.

Offering him a new contract at this point is utterly ludicrous. Wait til xmas if he stays and see how he's done then.

Last edited:
I hope we have accepted the offer as in some reports and not refused it as in others.

It strikes me as incredibly risky to keep him. We are turning down not only the money but the chance to offload such huge wages based on a few performances in training matches. Obviously, I hope he comes good if we do keep him, but in turning down offers like this and supposedly offering him a new contract when he's still yet to prove himself for us in competitive matches and we could be letting ourselves in for the past 3 years all over again. His wages are such a burden that we have to get rid.

Offering him a new contract at this point is utterly ludicrous. Wait til xmas if he stays and see how he's done then.

They are in a tricky position though. Campbell will clearly be interested in joining Blackpool and especially so as he will get a longer contract than he has here.

As we know players hold all the cards in this situation and theres no way Campbell will focus his mind here and ignore Blackpool based on us maybe giving him a new contract at xmas.

Theres 2 options here, Campbell goes to Blackpool or he gets a new deal here. Like you, I hope we will move him on, especially as he won't be playing in the same league as us.

Last edited:
Not at all. We could refuse offers from Blackpool and not offer him a new deal, then see if he has a good first half of the season for us before offering him a new one. If he doesn't want to sign then and chooses to go at the end of the season, no matter how well he plays, that will be a far better option for the club than offering him another 3 year contract for him to turn out to be a lazy shit again.

If he goes in another strop for rejecting the offers then we do not want him here anyway.

Last edited:
Not at all. We could refuse offers from Blackpool and not offer him a new deal, then see if he has a good first half of the season for us before offering him a new one. If he doesn't want to sign then and chooses to go at the end of the season, no matter how well he plays, that will be a far better option for the club than offering him another 3 year contract for him to turn out to be a lazy shit again.

If he goes in another stop for rejecting the offers then we do not want him here anyway.

In reality that would just piss Campbell off and be totally detremental to all parties, it won't happen for this reason IMO. He's clearly going to lose motivation again if he doesn't get something out of all this, it would appear to be the way he 'operates'.

Last edited:
Exactly. Which is why I would rather sell him. If he does lose motivation then we can let him go at the end of the season anyway and what's to say after he gets a new contract he won't lose motivation then too?

If we do decide to keep him it's far less risky not to offer him a contract at this point. Then if he doesn't do well we can let him go at the end of the season anyway, whereas if we'd given him a 3 years contract, we are stuck with the past 3 seasons all over again. If he does do well and then doesn't want to sign a new contract and leaves on a free then we have still freed up his huge wages and although it would be unfortunate, it would still be much preferable than him wasting another 3 years worth of big wages for doing nothing imo.

Basically, if he gets pissed off (yet again) we only have to put up with him for another season, rather than the possible 3 or 4 if he signs a new contract.

Like I said though, I'd rather cash in now when we have the chance.

Last edited:
If Blackpool have tabled an offer for him then there's more chance he will reject any new contract we offer him. The question is that, if Dj is sold, who do we bring in to replace him?

If Blackpool have tabled an offer for him then there's more chance he will reject any new contract we offer him. The question is that, if Dj is sold, who do we bring in to replace him?

Why do we need to replace a player who has done absolutely nothing for us in the past 3 years? :102:

Last edited:
Because we would then only have 2 recognised strikers?

Fryatt, Howard, Gallagher, Schlupp. :102:

From what I gather we could well be playing one up front anyway, so huge quantities of strikers aren't needed.

Last edited:
Why do we need to replace a player who has done absolutely nothing for us in the past 3 years? :102:
Maybe because we only have Howard and Fryatt that can do a job in the Championship. We will need a replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58