Should we give DJ Campbell a second chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reasonable offer for Campbell should be accepted. A £1m return would be tremendous. A few pre-season goals should do nothing to deflect the incompetence this man has demonstrated under different manangers, formations, etc at City over the last three years.

Dudley has contributing 5 goals in 46 appearances. We paid out an initial £1.6m for him. Extras totalling several £100k more may also be due in a few more appearances as there were clauses mentioned in his contract which could result in a total fee well in excess of £2m.

In addition, he's been on approximately £20k a week for 3 years, that's over £3m quid in wages we've pissed away on him. That is not to mention the 'loyalty' bonuses etc that could be payable annually to him simply because he's still here.

All in all, that's about £1m a goal.

His sudden and remarkable change in attitude is only a result of his contract entering its final year. He has given us no reason to expect any more of him either as a footballer or a person. He's chasing another mug club paying him extortionate amounts to be an embarrassment to his profession. We should just be grateful to get him off our payroll with some kind of return and try to put the whole pitiful experience behind us.

DJ has been a total washout for Leicester. However, 11 goals in 17 games for Blackpool is a hell of a scoring ratio and we are so thin on the ground that if he's motivated then it's probably worth keeping him.

Given that nobody wants to sign for Blackpool, I suppose it's possible that they are prepared to pay £1m for him - but I doubt that they would pay that much.

I think it will be very difficult for us to emulate the achievements of last season given the obvious spending restraints and loss of some quality loannees so DJ may represent an unlikely lifeline.

Suspect his 'motivation' will evaporate if we turn down the big move he's been waiting for all summer.

We've got until the end of August to see what he does in a "real" match and still get rid of him in the current window.

I doubt that. A decision will need to be made now if indeed an offer has come in as Holloway suggests. It seems unlikely to me that Blackpool will hold out for Campbell until the season is underway if we have told them he's not for sale. They would be very likely to sign someone else IMO.

Any reasonable offer for Campbell should be accepted. .....

His sudden and remarkable change in attitude is only a result of his contract entering its final year. He has given us no reason to expect any more of him either as a footballer or a person. He's chasing another mug club paying him extortionate amounts to be an embarrassment to his profession. We should just be grateful to get him off our payroll with some kind of return and try to put the whole pitiful experience behind us.

Careful BN. I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly, however, there are people on here who view him as some sort of god-like creature worthy of another contract. These people have contacts in high places and would think nothing of murdering you in your bed for uttering such herecy.

dj is a legund

I assume that Blackpool's game is to accept that they are going to get relegated anyway and take the Sky money and the subsequent parachute funding...then hope to come back stronger. This would be their best and possibly only business strategy anyway. I don't think that their game plan includes paying over the odds for DJ.

I'd forget all the propaganda about Sousa taking us to the next level. Pearson left because he didn't think that this was feasible with the imposed(and quite rational) spending restraints. If Sousa keeps us as competitive as we were last season then he will have achieved a considerable feat.

In a strange way, DJ - flakey player that he is - may actually be worth more to us, than to Blackpool.

I assume that Blackpool's game is to accept that they are going to get relegated anyway and take the Sky money and the subsequent parachute funding...then hope to come back stronger. This would be their best and possibly only business strategy anyway. I don't think that their game plan includes paying over the odds for DJ.

I'd forget all the propaganda about Sousa taking us to the next level. Pearson left because he didn't think that this was feasible with the imposed(and quite rational) spending restraints. If Sousa keeps us as competitive as we were last season then he will have achieved a considerable feat.

In a strange way, DJ - flakey player that he is - may actually be worth more to us, than to Blackpool.

Did he? You sure?

Did he? You sure?

No not sure. But it seems to be the logical assumption.

I doubt if he moved to Hull just for the favourable climate nor because it's nearer his family home. Nor do I buy into the idea that MM was looking for an excuse to push him out.

But back to DJ: - I agree wth Brown Nose to the effect that DJ is a mardy, self-serving whatever - but what difference does that make. Almost all footballers can be placed in that category....but if he can score a few goals for us, so be it.

No not sure. But it seems to be the logical assumption.

I love it when people just invent stuff in their own imagination. Especially when they manage to convince themselves that it must be true, so they treat it as a fact and expect everybody else to as well.
Hilarious.

I love it when people just invent stuff in their own imagination. Especially when they manage to convince themselves that it must be true, so they treat it as a fact and expect everybody else to as well.
Hilarious.

Glad to keep you happy - but I seem to be missing from you anything which suggests any other conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58