Simone Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Not quite the same though is it?

The Indian is referring to the food, not the people.

So an "Irish Ball" on St Paddy's Day or a "Scottish Hogmanay party" at new year are both shocking and discriminatory acts, then ???

Han

The Asian is referring to the style of ball, not the people.

Just like the Leicester Caribbean carnival is referring to the type of carnival, not the people who are allowed to attend.

I wonder how many people would welcome you in if you showed up.....

Maybe one or two kids that think you're some sort of journalist and they can get in the paper.

Hazzman

Does it actually offend you Hazzman or are you just crowing to the PC brigade?

Surely these minorites can kick up a fuss for themselves without people doing it on their behalf out of guilt.

I have never understood why we have to embrace this multi-cultural society.

I doesn't offend me, it's what I deem to be correct. Britiain is now a multi-cultural society and people have to recognise that. An 'alright jack' attitude will continue to develop social inequalities and the police state the government is trying to gain.

Han

Becuase they wouldn't believe you were there to celebrate the culture? You wouldn't call it the Asian Ball if you wanted non-asians to show up.

Boy it's hard arguing againt people that have an answer to everything.

Lako42

I doesn't offend me, it's what I deem to be correct. Britiain is now a multi-cultural society and people have to recognise that. An 'alright jack' attitude will continue to develop social inequalities and the police state the government is trying to gain.

hypothetically i dont see why i should have to change my attitude and behavoir just because we have a massive amount of ethnic diversity in the country.

homer

Becuase they wouldn't believe you were there to celebrate the culture? You wouldn't call it the Asian Ball if you wanted non-asians to show up.

Boy it's hard arguing againt people that have an answer to everything.

And is the same thing applicable at the 'Irish Ball' or 'Scottish Hogmanay party' ........?

Lako42

It's a ball that has Asian food and Asian music.

What do you want them to call it, that will accurately describe what it is?

It's upto you what you think but your being naive

Lako42

So you've never been to an Irish 'labelled' event on St Paddy's Day ??

I cant remember any events being labled as simply irish in leicester on st paddies day.

Hazzman

hypothetically i dont see why i should have to change my attitude and behavoir just because we have a massive amount of ethnic diversity in the country.

I have been brought up in the current society of Britain. It's not a case of changing attitude, more acknowledging and understanding and in the process dismissing prejudices.

Last edited:

Lako42

I think you're assuming other people share your own prejudices against people who are 'different'.

not true at all, i have many asian friends, and one of my best friends is from ghana, so i think it's you thats doing the assuming.

Last edited:

Lako42

So you have individuals who are friends, but when there's a lot of them together you don't like it?

not at all, it's the naming of the event i dont appreciate, especially as the asian community is always harping on about how important integration is.

Double standards all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670