Simone Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been brought up in the current society of Britain. It's not a case of changing attitude, more acknowledging and understanding and in the process dismissing prejudices.

Agreed.

I don't think that 'british' people should have to suppliment an easier life for 'others'.

By that, i mean 'we' shouldn't have to change any of our ways in order to make others more comfortable. Unless we are violating any laws etc....

The main sticking point for me is that 'others' get more help fitting into society than the people already within it.

I can't believe Leicester is so different to here. We regularly go to Indian, Chinese, Carribean, Greek, irish, and heaven knows what sort of events. We've never been unwelcome, or the only people there not from the particular ethic group implied.

Even the people at the French Market we have every few weeks are pleased to take our cash.

This was a good debate, now it's just turned petty with the same old insults and accusations being thrown at the same people for having opinions that others deem to be offensive on somebody else's behalf. Bored, can't even have a debate anymore

This was a good debate, now it's just turned petty with the same old insults and accusations being thrown at the same people for having opinions that others deem to be offensive on somebody else's behalf. Bored, can't even have a debate anymore

not much of a debate now with only 5 people. Where's darth? he's usually in on these. And steven

"A non-ethnic-specific event encompassing themes redolent of places to the east of Europe" trips nicely off the tongue

I knew it would turn into this eventually, actually the finger pointing took longer than i expected to arrive. There is the same outcome every time a similar debate arrises.

Not even the "Leicester Irish Festival' that takes place every year on or around 17 March.....

That title makes me think that everyone in leicester is invited :102: :)

Last edited:
That title makes me think that everyone in leicester is invited :102:

So those of us from outside Leicester are unwelcome. I'm being discriminated against now :018:

So those of us from outside Leicester are unwelcome. I'm being discriminated against now :018:

Just you keep to your Indo-chinese /carribbean greek evenings and stay out of town :018:

An English Legacy
Fri 18th June, 1.00-2.00pm
New Walk Museum

Joy Farrall clarinet
Thea King piano

Gerald Finzi Bagatelles
Herbert Howells Sonata
William Lloyd Webber Theme & Variations
Elizabeth Lutyens Five Little Pieces
Malcolm Arnold Sonatina

Joy Farrall and Dame Thea King present a lunchtime concert of English music for clarinet & piano, written for Thea King’s husband, clarinettist Frederick Thurston. ‘An English Legacy’ is introduced by Thea, a pianist as well as renowned clarinettist, honoured for her services to British music.

Is anyone offended by the title of this?

I bet the Asian community in Leicester is outraged by the use of the word English, in something that's about English music.

:icon_roll

Yeah, but lads, great diddies all the same

010274329184100xp5.jpg

How the hell did we get from Simone Swifts tits to a big "political correctness gone mad" argument.

Agreed.

I don't think that 'british' people should have to suppliment an easier life for 'others'.

By that, i mean 'we' shouldn't have to change any of our ways in order to make others more comfortable. Unless we are violating any laws etc....

The main sticking point for me is that 'others' get more help fitting into society than the people already within it.

My sentiments exactly.

I don't have any problem with any festivals that go on. What i do object to is people kicking off at others for not being what they deem as PC.

Is anyone offended by the title of this?

I bet the Asian community in Leicester is outraged by the use of the word English, in something that's about English music.

:icon_roll

it's in england so no i wouldnt

Personally I want a carnival for white hetro males. We can have floats with pole dancers, football, beer and pork scratchings on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669