Sky plus box problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

After switching on it switches itself off (stand by). Tried switching off at wall no good.:icon_roll

After switching on it switches itself off (stand by). Tried switching off at wall no good.:icon_roll

At the risk of stating the obvious, you have telephoned Sky before asking on a predominantly football orientated forum haven't you :icon_wink

That happened to me Lazzer. Try unplugging from wall as well and waiting about 30 seconds before plugging in again. Something to do with static build up. It worked for me.

Failing that ask Newton, maybe he could google you something?......:102:

Last edited:
If it's turnng itself off as soon as you turn it on try BG's suggestion. If that doesn't work it's most likely ****ed. If it's turning itself off overnight you've had the auto standby applied by sky on an update.

You'll need to explain that one Durham. The advice offered in posts 2 and 6 (to which you deemed the tumbleweed icon appropriate) was to contact Sky for advice and/or help.

Why in your opinion would that not be the correct thing to do :102:

At the risk of stating the obvious, you have telephoned Sky before asking on a predominantly football orientated forum haven't you :icon_wink

1. Sky will offer the services of an engineer at £75
2. Although Football orientated this thread is for techie support
3. Thanks for the advice but after 8 years im well aware how this place works.

Lazzer,

Threaten to leave, they'l soon fix it.

Works every time for me.

Oi Lazzer, I honestly wasn't being funny or 'clever' when posting that. It has always worked for me in the past. It was a genuine bit of advice based opn my own experience. OK?

Oi Lazzer, I honestly wasn't being funny or 'clever' when posting that. It has always worked for me in the past. It was a genuine bit of advice based opn my own experience. OK?

Are you sure about that? :102: :icon_wink

It is a software problem as indicated in the links I posted. :icon_wink

It is a software problem as indicated in the links I posted. :icon_wink

So you'd discount the possibility of it being anything else without even testing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669