So Yesterdays Result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si Nick

Does this not prove that Holloway is a manager capable of getting a side into the Premiership :102:

In which case, having now failed with his 3 year plan, will Milan be asking himself why he didn't the best out of Holloway

Does this not prove that Holloway is a manager capable of getting a side into the Premiership :102:

In which case, having now failed with his 3 year plan, will Milan be asking himself why he didn't the best out of Holloway

He's also a manager who is capable of taking a team into the third tier.

Anyone bored of talking about Holloway?

Last edited:
He's also a manager who is capable of taking a team into the third tier.

Anyone bored of taling about Holloway?

very much so, especially when there is already another thread in the football forum :icon_roll

We finished ahead of Holloway's side in the league. All Blackpool managed to do was hold their nerve and get a bit of luck over a couple of games. Whereas we, who did the double over them and could have easily beaten them in the final, lost only on a penalty shoot-out, which doesn't really have much to do with how good a team or a manager is at all.

Last edited:
I'm sick to death of hearing about Blackpool and Holloway.

All I want to know is, is Joey coming back?

The way it's been hyped, you'd be forgiven for thinking Holloway had won the league by miles, not finished 6th at his 6th attempt at the Championship (which is admittedly a considerable improvement on his previous three "kept them up" jobs and two relegations).

It's odd how nobody is talking about Chris Hughton, who won the league at his first attempt, or Roberto Di Matteo, who finished second in his first season managing in the Championship. Or indeed Nige, who took a team from League 1 and finished above Holloway in 5th.

If Holloway is now a "great" manager, Hughton must be Paisley, Shankly, Ferguson and Mourinho rolled into one. What a guy!

Holloway has said that he changed his playing style as a result of his year out of the game. So the Holloway we had may not have been able to get a team into the Premier League.

I picked up on that, too - possibly one of the few half-interesting quotes of the weekend's Olliefest.

Must say that seeing their RB (Seamus Coleman from Everton - would look good in our blue shirt) on the overlap 20 yards in front of the man with the ball, had me thinking blimey, not seen that since the days of Peter Rodrigues!

Last edited:
If Holloway is now a "great" manager, Hughton must be Paisley, Shankly, Ferguson and Mourinho rolled into one. What a guy!

Be fair, Hughton had the basis of a Premiership Club and money to spend: Holloway's main striker is a Leicester reject on loan.

Holloway took a poison chalice at Leicester and, given a close season, would probably have built a Blackpool style team - all attack: we may have made the Premiership but, as Blackpool will, we would have plunged straight back. Pearson is the better manager for City, building a team with a fighting chance of holding a Premiership place, but it is a fantastic achievement fro Holloway to get Blackpool promoted.

Well don Ian! :038::038::038:

Living in Blackpool im in the middle of all this hype, its seriously doing my head in , my 9 yo boy was dreading going to school today (getting bombarded with wembley tales), ive told him to be patient bide his time then take the piss out of them every week after august!

Holloway took a poison chalice at Leicester and, given a close season, would probably have built a Blackpool style team - all attack

Holloway has said that he changed his philosophy to play an attacking game while he was out of management for a year after we sacked him.

So what makes you think he would have played that style if he'd stayed here?

The Holloway Blackpool have is not the same manager we had. He's changed as a result of being sacked by Leicester, so it's pointless speculating what he would have done if he'd stayed here.

I think the better question is, will we now be able to get rid of DJ? and will w eeven be able to get a fee for him?

The way it's been hyped, you'd be forgiven for thinking Holloway had won the league by miles, not finished 6th at his 6th attempt at the Championship (which is admittedly a considerable improvement on his previous three "kept them up" jobs and two relegations).

It's odd how nobody is talking about Chris Hughton, who won the league at his first attempt, or Roberto Di Matteo, who finished second in his first season managing in the Championship. Or indeed Nige, who took a team from League 1 and finished above Holloway in 5th.

With an incredibly capable squad? :102:

I think the better question is, will we now be able to get rid of DJ? and will w eeven be able to get a fee for him?

The Mercury reported that we wouldnt ask a large fee for DJ, but just getting rid of him is fee enough surely?

Isnt he one of the biggest earners at the club ? :icon_conf

It would be very unfair and ironic if Blackpool now decided not to sign him.

The Mercury reported that we wouldnt ask a large fee for DJ, but just getting rid of him is fee enough surely?

Isnt he one of the biggest earners at the club ? :icon_conf

It would be very unfair and ironic if Blackpool now decided not to sign him.

Some on here still dont think he is a Championship player so I dont see how we can expect Blackpool to sign him to play in the Premiership.

surely they can afford DJ's wages when Bloomfield Road has 50,000 there every week

erm...

surely they can afford DJ's wages when Bloomfield Road has 50,000 there every week

erm...

Why buy the player when you could probably get him on loan again for the season and only have to pay half his wages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670