So Yesterdays Result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why buy the player when you could probably get him on loan again for the season and only have to pay half his wages.

1) we can loan to anyone who is interested
2) who says they're paying half?

2) who says they're paying half?

They must be paying a decent amount because NP said DJ went to Blackpool for financial reasons, as it allowed him to bring other players in.

But they won't be paying the full amount or they'd have signed him permanently instead of on loan, as his wages was the thing that stopped them signing him last summer.

So I would imagine half would be about right.

There was also a clause in the contract that meant we got extra when they were promoted.

If rumours are true and DJ is on 12000+ here, if we just get rid of him it will save NP at least 625000 grand from the budget as well as any fee we can get.

Why buy the player when you could probably get him on loan again for the season and only have to pay half his wages.

Because we could quite easily loan him somewhere else. I'm sure after what he's done at Blackpool there are going to be at least a few Championship teams who will want him on loan and even possibly sign him.

The only reason they didn't sign him permanently was because they couldn't afford hiss wages but after getting promoted they can be a hell of a lot more competitive in that department. I also don't think Milan or Pearson would accept them paying half his wages when they're getting premiership money. We could give him them for free just to free up some of the wage budget and any fee would be a bonus. Personally though, I think they should be stumping up some kind of fee. A million would do very nicely.

Last edited:
They must be paying a decent amount because NP said DJ went to Blackpool for financial reasons, as it allowed him to bring other players in.

But they won't be paying the full amount or they'd have signed him permanently instead of on loan, as his wages was the thing that stopped them signing him last summer.

So I would imagine half would be about right.

There was also a clause in the contract that meant we got extra when they were promoted.

ah, ok, makes sense

surely Blackpool would put a bid in though... we can loan to any championship team. we'd accept a million and all they have to do is convince DJ that a contract on less money is better than one on more that runs out in a year

ah, ok, makes sense

surely Blackpool would put a bid in though... we can loan to any championship team. we'd accept a million and all they have to do is convince DJ that a contract on less money is better than one on more that runs out in a year

They won't need to offer him less money now, they'll be able to afford to pay him what he's getting now.
It might upset a few of those already there though.

Holloway has said that he changed his philosophy to play an attacking game while he was out of management for a year after we sacked him.

So what makes you think he would have played that style if he'd stayed here?

The Holloway Blackpool have is not the same manager we had. He's changed as a result of being sacked by Leicester, so it's pointless speculating what he would have done if he'd stayed here.

I remember Barber mentioning his epiphany so it must have happened while he was here.

..... proves that Holloway is good at being a big fish in a small pond. :icon_wink

That's not what Holloway has been saying recently. He said it was the result of watching a lot of matches as a neutral last season, and in particular being impressed with the way Swansea played.

Sounds like he was spinning a story. He definitely said it - including the Swansea reference - while he was here.

Sounds like he was spinning a story. He definitely said it - including the Swansea reference - while he was here.

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/8645957.stm

"To spend £25 on a football match you deserve to be entertained," Holloway told BBC Sport.

Holloway took charge at Bloomfield Road at the start of the season after spending 12 months out of the game following his sacking by Leicester City.

"I've had a year out to think about how I wanted to do things," he added.

"When I came back I wanted to play a different type of football which I spoke about and my lads have taken to it like ducks to water.

"It's absolutely fantastic and I can't thank them enough for the way they've tried to do it.

"Ironically Swansea was a team run by [now Wigan Athletic manager] Roberto Martinez last year who I watched five or six times and was part of why I wanted to change.

"I didn't want to be scared of losing matches, I wanted to win them playing attacking football

He's trying to make out that his time away was beneficial and even that he may not have had the success had it not have happened. This simply isn't true it's just another attention seeking, self-aggrandising bull plop.

He's trying to make out that his time away was beneficial and even that he may not have had the success had it not have happened. This simply isn't true it's just another attention seeking, self-aggrandising bull plop.

Surprised he hasn't put his success down to his " experimental " team selections he tried whilst at Leicester. I remember when the team was read out at Stoke - I tried to leave, but they had locked the gates.

If rumours are true and DJ is on 12000+ here, if we just get rid of him it will save NP at least 625000 grand from the budget as well as any fee we can get.

I heard it was a fair bit more than that.

Surprised he hasn't put his success down to his " experimental " team selections he tried whilst at Leicester. I remember when the team was read out at Stoke - I tried to leave, but they had locked the gates.

Wasn't just me then! When my mate rang me to tell me the team news and the formation as it was on the shown on the tv I could hear her hubby swearing in the background. I asked her if she was joking and made her tell it me again just in case I had misheard her...unfortunately I hadn't!

Or indeed Nige, who took a team from League 1 and finished above Holloway in 5th.

As I have been saying all season long on a forum, when was the last time a newly-promoted team did so well? Bristol City under Gary Johnson? He was best thing since sliced bread for a number of weeks after that.

The media also ignore you if a good defence is the reasoning for your side's success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669