Confirmed Transfer Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sol, you were a rare shining light for us in a rather mediocre two seasons.

Unless Bamba did not like Pearson, I feel that Pearson may have been a little short-sighted in not being able to accommodate a genuinely talented player who often made a very positive difference in starting attacks.

Yes he was occasionally out of position - in the other penalty box! But it is the job of others to cover when someone makes a run, like the full backs often do.

And whilst winning is important, so is entertainment, and Sol has made many matches graet fun to watch for his skill in tackling, dribbling - in and out of his penalty box!

Good luck Sol and thanks!

PS Anyone know why he has gone to Turkey rather than the Championship/Lower Prem?

But it is the job of others to cover when someone makes a run, like the full backs often do.

Yeah, it's the centre backs job.

The key to a successful defence in the Chamionship is complete organisation, everyone in the back four must know exactly what their job is and they've got to be very discplined. Not only did Bamba make it difficult for himself half of the time, by running off into the opposing half, or trying to dribble his way out of the box with two or three opposing players round him, he made it difficult for any other defender to play with him. How can you defend well when you have no idea what your defensive partner is going to do next?

Bamba is undoubtedly a talented footballer and he was certainly entertaining to watch on occasions, but his complete lack of tactical discipline means I won't be sad to see him go. I prefer midfielders and strikers to provide the entertainment, while I prefer defenders to be an absolute solid unit. I take much more pleasure in clean sheets and victories than the sight of one of my team's centre backs trying to dribble the ball into the opposing half. You're not Beckenbauer. Do your job properly.

The key to a successful defence in the Chamionship is complete organisation, everyone in the back four must know exactly what their job is and they've got to be very discplined. Not only did Bamba make it difficult for himself half of the time, by running off into the opposing half, or trying to dribble his way out of the box with two or three opposing players round him, he made it difficult for any other defender to play with him. How can you defend well when you have no idea what your defensive partner is going to do next?

Bamba is undoubtedly a talented footballer and he was certainly entertaining to watch on occasions, but his complete lack of tactical discipline means I won't be sad to see him go. I prefer midfielders and strikers to provide the entertainment, while I prefer defenders to be an absolute solid unit. I take much more pleasure in clean sheets and victories than the sight of one of my team's centre backs trying to dribble the ball into the opposing half. You're not Beckenbauer. Do your job properly.
Ditto.

Genuinely talented player. Shame to get rid but he was just too inconsistent and unpredictable. One of my favourite players in the 2 seasons he was here. He will be missed!

Last edited:

Sven said in an interview that he had to tell him that

Well its done and dusted now. I think his lengthy absence and future commitment re the African Cup of nations was a big factor.

But its a sad day when people are glad to be rid of one of the few players we've had in recent seasons who is able to provide a bit of entertainment. I've got no doubt that whilst in terms of physical powers and pace and defensive organisation that the game has moved on over the decades....but in terms of entertainment and personalities its gone way way backwards.

Who needs a defender with personality? What an odd thing to say. Our defence has been dreadful for the last two seasons and I for one have had enough of us conceding daft goals from set-pieces. Bamba has been a big part of that and his ill-discipline has and will cost us in the long run. We won't miss him and we can do better.

For every Gary Neville there's a Mario Balotelli

Regretably - that is not the case. There are now many many more automatons than individualistic players.

I won't bother to provide examples - but once upon a time every team had its personalities. That's part of what drew people through the turnstiles. All that has changed - perhaps its a reflection on society as a whole and not just the game.

That said, i do agree with another comment that it is organisation that gets teams out of our league - sadly the more I see of Championship games the less I like them. Primarily you've got to stop the opposition scoring so you can confidently expect to get the three points if you score a couple of goals - home or away.

Well its done and dusted now. I think his lengthy absence and future commitment re the African Cup of nations was a big factor.

But its a sad day when people are glad to be rid of one of the few players we've had in recent seasons who is able to provide a bit of entertainment. I've got no doubt that whilst in terms of physical powers and pace and defensive organisation that the game has moved on over the decades....but in terms of entertainment and personalities its gone way way backwards.

I totally agree with you. The current attitude that, 'All that matters is winning', is bound to bring the game down. For every winner, there must be a loser and, when a few draws are taken into account, more than half the spectators, on any given day, are bound to be disappointed: of course winning is important but, there is more to football - and life.

Sadly the more I see of Championship games the less I like them. Primarily you've got to stop the opposition scoring so you can confidently expect to get the three points if you score a couple of goals - home or away.

Uh, yeah... me too... That's the bit of Championship football I hate, that you have to score more goals than the opposition. Why can't we do it like everyone else does?

Hello mates. I have a question for you. I want to know that, How much was Sol Bamba earning in one year in Leicester ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669