Confirmed Transfer Sol Bamba to Trabzonspor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per week ?

Sorry about Matt B; he always tries to mislead newcomers. You asked how much Bamba was earning a year and that is £13.50 * 12. I'm afraid the batteries have gone in my calculator. Can you work it out for yourself?

Well this article reckons he's on about €20,000 a week

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3070

Leicester City - Sol Bamba transfer details disclosed

2012-06-19 08:57:26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trabzonspor have disclosed transfer details of Sol Bamba's move from Leicester City.

The Black Sea club announced on the Public Disclosure Forum (KAP) that Leicester City will receive a £750K transfer fee for Bamba.

Bamba has signed a five-year contract worth in excess of €5 million in total. The Ivory Coast International will earn €107,0000 in 2012-13 and the same amount in 2013-14.

The 27 year old center-back will make €101,6500 in 2014-15 and the same amount in 2015-16 as well as 2016-17.

Bamba has represented the Ivory Coast 52 times and enjoyed a 17-month spell for Leicester City in the English Championship over the past two seasons

EDIT: Just seen Jeff's post above but the figures are nearer €20,000 than they are €2,000.

Last edited:
Ginetta speaking for himself again! As one of the comments says, Pearson shouldn't have to make amends for anything. He has sold an erratic player for a profit.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....on-owes-fans/story-16438786-detail/story.html

"When he storms forward it was a bit like Steve Walsh, getting the ball and running at people.

"Sometimes he looks a bit awkward and made a few mistakes but he is an exciting player.

"A lot of fans have said they are disappointed he has gone because he was that sort of player.

"One person said to me it was his biggest disappointment since Frank Worthington left. He excites people and that is what we need, what we want and what we didn't really get. That is why Neil Danns made an impact as he looks up for it and puts everything into it.
:icon_eek:

In the comments section though
“When Bamba scored on his debut I thought that he would be a good buy. He could have been the strong dominant figure we needed in the box for corners and free-kicks like a Matt Elliott type defender.........how wrong I was!
He was a liability. Bamba? More like Bambi with his gangly out of sync legs.
Good riddance he won't be missed. Worthington and Bamba should never be mentioned in the same breath.”

Yet again we have a player who divides the fans. Leaving aside the wonderful skill which I enjoyed Bamba was strong and brave. It would be interesting to know whether those who criticise him are the ones who like Beckford and vice versa. I think we sold him cheap and feel that Nigel has a responsibility to spend that money very wisely.

Of course the comparison with Frank Worthington is absurd. Worthington was arguably one of the two best English strikers of his time - the other being Kevin Keegan. Leicester will never get a player of Frank Worthington's quality again because if he was playing today he would want Champions League football.

Remember Walshy running at the man, never seemed overly concerned about the ball IIRC.

Franky Wortho, wtf?

I feel about as gutted about Sol as I did when Brian Carey left us to go overseas.

Remember Walshy running at the man, never seemed overly concerned about the ball IIRC.

Franky Wortho, wtf?

I feel about as gutted about Sol as I did when Brian Carey left us to go overseas.

I liked Sol and his occasional brightening of otherwise dull periods of games but feck me is that article a pile of shite. Wtf is pretty much all that needs to be said about the Wortho reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669