Sol Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.
without meaning to sound too pessimistic though, and in full realisation the window is open for a long while yet, the two signings we have made are hardly on the scale as was being hyped up. Maybe we won't be splashing the cash as much as previously thought.

Well last year we signed Solano and sold Gradel. Two years ago it was Brown and Cleverly in.

... so two in one out and a £1m after two days is going it a bit, already.

Also, if you remember, SGE was talking about 'name' signings if we were up and challenging. With the reality not matching expectation he may well just make and mend with a view to building in the summer.

IMO making do by keeping Bruno and recalling Tom Kennedy from Rochdale, would be no bad thing.

Exclusive: I am pregnant by Hibs star Sol Bamba, claims lapdancer

Aug 18 2009 By Amy Devine

A LAPDANCER claims she is pregnant with an SPL star's child.
Nicola Shields, 33, is weeks away from having the baby she says was fathered by Hibs ace Sol Bamba.

Ivory Coast defender Sol last night admitted he had sex with Nicola but insisted he is not the dad.

Now Nicola has vowed to try to force him to take a paternity test. She said last night: "Sol can say whatever he likes. I know he is the baby's dad and he knows he is the dad.

"I'll be looking for him to take a paternity test when the baby is born. I expect it will come to that, and that will settle it."

Blonde Nicola , of Strathmiglo, Fife, said she was introduced to Sol when he was playing for Dunfermline in 2008.

She says they met several times before she got pregnant at around New Year. Sol's French girlfriend Celine, the mother of his young daughter Lily, lived with him at his villa in Dunfermline. But she has returned to Paris since finding out about Nicola's claims.

Nicola worked as a lapdancer at Edinburgh's well-known Liquorice Club before becoming manager of the Private Eyes club in Dunfermline. She shares her bungalow home with her two Doberman dogs.

She was reluctant to talk about the pregnancy scandal, but confirmed: "I am pregnant and it is Sol Bamba's baby. I met Sol through a mutual friend when he played for Dunfermline.

"I've only got three or four weeks until I give birth and I'm focusing on that. I don't want to say any more about our relationship at the moment."

Sol said last night: "Nicola has told me she is pregnant and that the baby is mine, but as far as I'm concerned I'm 100 per cent certain it is not.

"I did have sex with her and I was seeing her but we were not in a relationship.

"My girlfriend is aware of these claims. She is in Paris now and things are complicated.

"I am considering where my future career lies and my little girl is getting ready to start school, so they are in Paris at the moment."

Nicola's Facebook page shows a picture of her in the nude with just a white drape covering her bump, in a pose similar to Demi Moore's famous Vanity Faircover.

She uses the name "Sheridan" on her Bebo site, which features a different nude picture taken at the same shoot.

Around 20 girls work under Nicola at the Private Eyes gentlemen's club, where customers pay £10 for a three-minute private dance or £100 for a half-hour.

The Liquorice Club in Edinburgh's Tollcross is one of Scotland's biggest. Punters pay £15 to get in and around £10 for a private dance.

Centre back Sol joined Dunfermline from Paris Saint Germain in 2006 and signed for Hibs last year. His tough-tackling style has made him a favourite with fans at Easter Road.

Sol made his debut for the Ivory Coast in 2008. Chelsea superstar Didier Drogba, Manchester City defender Kolo Toure, and Toure's brother Yaya, who stars for Barcelona, are among his team-mates

Last edited by a moderator:
erm... you appear to have posted a wall of unreadable letters there kanefire. Thanks for that

It's only a repeat of what someone posted a link to on Thursday.

Phew! Thank **** for that. I thought for a minute that my word blindness meant I was missing something important

without meaning to sound too pessimistic though, and in full realisation the window is open for a long while yet, the two signings we have made are hardly on the scale as was being hyped up. Maybe we won't be splashing the cash as much as previously thought.

The likelihood is that any 'name' players who would sign for us in our current position would be well past i to be more of historical interest than much practical use.

We have a 'name' manager and some of us seem to think we have the best stadium in the league and one of the biggest fan bases. Unfortunately the fame of the manager and the capacity of our super lego stadium may not be quite enough to guarantee success. In my opinion what we need now is players with commitment, consistency and a realisation that it's mainly hard work rather than names that will get us out (upwardly) of this division.

erm... you appear to have posted a wall of unreadable letters there kanefire. Thanks for that

From what I can work out: he's not dead, he bought a copy of Private Eye and is reading it to Demi Moore.

Sol Bambino.

The likelihood is that any 'name' players who would sign for us in our current position would be well past i to be more of historical interest than much practical use.

We have a 'name' manager and some of us seem to think we have the best stadium in the league and one of the biggest fan bases. Unfortunately the fame of the manager and the capacity of our super lego stadium may not be quite enough to guarantee success. In my opinion what we need now is players with commitment, consistency and a realisation that it's mainly hard work rather than names that will get us out (upwardly) of this division.

Exactly, I would much sooner us sign Billy Sharp(e?) than a Premier League loanee youth or a has been.

Also, if you remember, SGE was talking about 'name' signings if we were up and challenging. With the reality not matching expectation he may well just make and mend with a view to building in the summer.

If we signed 11 excellent nobodies and got promoted through the play-offs I couldn't care less.

If we signed 11 excellent nobodies and got promoted through the play-offs I couldn't care less.

But the chances of him using his genius to unearth 11 previously unheard of players, signing them onto professional contracts and guiding them to the Premiership is probably a tall order for January.

Why is he having unprotected sex in this day and age? An AIDS test would be appropriate. :018:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669