Sol Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sol has a fair point. So he left Spurs for Arsenal 10 years ago, does that mean he should expect to get the kind of grief Spurs dish out?

Should football fans be allowed to say anything that isn't racist? Why is racist abuse worse than religious or sexual prejudice? Where's the line between banter and abuse?

In fairness to Campbell I think he has always been pretty good as far as speaking to the ref goes. I've never thought of him as one of the players who are prone to getting in the refs face a la Terry or Keane.

Gay and black?

He should thank his lucky stars he's not tall and white!!!!

Remember Campbell you big sissy, there's fcuking laws to protect you. I'd like to see you cope with what is happening to Peter Crouch week after week, and no finer examples of that are when Villa played at the Walkers and our muppets abused him, and what the Luton fans are now doing to him.

I don't doubt Campbell finds the treatment of Crouch unacceptable, but I imagine Campbell has never been treated anything like that.

Gay and black?

He should thank his lucky stars he's not tall and white!!!!

Remember Campbell you big sissy, there's fcuking laws to protect you. I'd like to see you cope with what is happening to Peter Crouch week after week, and no finer examples of that are when Villa played at the Walkers and our muppets abused him, and what the Luton fans are now doing to him.

I don't doubt Campbell finds the treatment of Crouch unacceptable, but I imagine Campbell has never been treated anything like that.

:038:

I'd like to see you cope with what is happening to Peter Crouch week after week,

Yeah I'm sure he's never been subjected to abuse because of his appearance.:icon_roll

Why do you think he's a sissy?

Yeah I'm sure he's never been subjected to abuse because of his appearance.:icon_roll
I'm sure he must have been, that's what is complaint is all about.

It was a light hearted choice of word, as I'm sure you can appreciate. Albeit a mistake I shouldn't have made given the eagerness of people to jump down my throat.

I was making a comparison to Campbell's reaction compared to Crouch's. Crouch was booed all the way through the game, and called "Freak" everytime he touched the ball.

Even our idiot fans shouted "Freak" everytime he touched the ball when Villa came here, I was delighted for him when he destroyed us on the pitch.

Had that happened to Campbell and the crowd booed and shouted "Nigger" (or other offensive names) everytime he touched the ball, I'm sure he would have walked off the pitch, along with the rest of the players, and quite rightly so. Campbell rightly has the backing and support of everybody in football and still can't deal with it, Crouch has to take it, Crouch is alone, and making no fuss.

I hope nobody tries to tell me "Well that's different", because it aint, it's verbal abuse and bullying based upon visual appearance.

Life is all about equality, and I see none of it in football.

I'm sure he must have been, that's what is complaint is all about.

It was a light hearted choice of word, as I'm sure you can appreciate. Albeit a mistake I shouldn't have made given the eagerness of people to jump down my throat.

I'm not jumping down your throat I just disagree that Campbell raising the point makes him a sissy. Maybe when Crouch has had a few more years of it and is at the same stage of his career he'll be sick of it too. Maybe he won't. I actually think Campbell is showing a bit of bottle by raising the issue, its not going to make his life any easier and he's bright enough to know that.

I agree there is no moral difference between the racial abuse Campbell may have taken and stick Crouch gets because of his stature. I'm not sure this is about racism though, Campbell doesn't mention it on here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7151584.stm

Reading between the lines I think this is more likely to be about the stick he got from spurs fans.

My first point was basically that racist abuse seems to be about the only thing you can get kicked out of a ground for without fighting and I'm not sure thats right. I don't think its any more or less reprehensible than some idiot in the front row of a ground shouting "you f'ing scouse/cockney/northern why don't you f off home and ....." at a player because they think they can get away with it.

The issue that Campbell has raised is where is the line between banter and abuse and I think its an interesting one and I admire him for raising it.

That wasn't his issue with the abuse, it was because he left Spurs. No different than Peter Taylor getting abuse from us lot to tell you the truth...

Quite WTF he was doing for Sunderlands first goal just now I don't know

Yet again Peter Crouch is having to receive constant abuse from opposition fans throught the match. Chants of "Freak" are not acceptable.

I see no difference between this and the monkey chants aimed at black players in the past.

It needs dealing with. If the FA want equality in football, they need to start treating people equally.

disgusting.

Yet again Peter Crouch is having to receive constant abuse from opposition fans throught the match. Chants of "Freak" are not acceptable.

fully agree, it should be "lanky freak" or "lanky cnut" or just plain "cniut"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670