Solano Rape Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose in theory that works. And the tarnishing of being accused is very unfortunate. In practice, however, should an accused rapist then be found guilty keeping his name anonymous would certainly cause some issues wouldn't it?

If, for example, a teacher was accused of rape, his name kept anonymous, and then convicted I would suggest that the parents that were not informed of these charges prior to conviction would have every grounds for anger.

I'm not a stupid man, don't accuse me as such. I just don't think the issue is as black and white as you make it out to be.

If a teacher was accused of rape, why would parents need to be informed?

Besides, a few angry, non involved, non victims is of little consequence when compared to a tarnished reputation for having done nothing, especially if this is a person already in the public eye (example ... John Leslie), who, given the nature of the great British public, will be tried, found guilty and hanged before they [the public] have even finished reading the story.

Last edited:
I suppose in theory that works. And the tarnishing of being accused is very unfortunate. In practice, however, should an accused rapist then be found guilty keeping his name anonymous would certainly cause some issues wouldn't it?

If, for example, a teacher was accused of rape, his name kept anonymous, and then convicted I would suggest that the parents that were not informed of these charges prior to conviction would have every grounds for anger.

I'm not a stupid man. I just don't think the issue is as black and white as you make it out to be.

they would be suspended from work until the investigation is through. So you prefer the guilty until proven innocent stance?

they would be suspended from work until the investigation is through. So you prefer the guilty until proven innocent stance?

Suspended from work...Isn't that, in it's own way, persecution for doing nothing wrong? It cuts both ways.

I'm not saying I prefer anything. I just don't think the anonymity stance is as cut and dry as many of you think it is.

Last edited:
Suspended from work...Isn't that, in it's own way, persecution for doing nothing wrong? It cuts both ways.

It's understandable given the severity of the accusations though. You can't ignore the claims, but at the same time they shouldn't be persecuted before any trial or charges.

I'm not a stupid man. I just don't think the issue is as black and white as you make it out to be.

Of course his name should be kept anonymous, ffs!

We run a very dangerous road if we start allowing innocent people to have their names tarnished like that. Someone pisses you off and you can accuse them of anything. Doesn't matter if it's thrown out of court and laughed at, if you've been accused of rape, even if proven innocent, there are a LOT of people (and employers) who aren't going to want to know you after that.

Last edited:
Quite right.Hence the phrase "mud sticks". Look at the Cardiff manager prime example.

I hope this does not unsettle the wider squad, it probably won't, but at such a critical phase of proceedings, its the sort of agro and distracation that NP and the team could have done without.

Wasn't that before he came to us?

Thought it was after us, then went and joined the posh, was doing well, but just gave the game up.

From what I remember, he certainly had promise as a left back/left mid.
(Certainly better than Sheehan, Mattock and McGivern).

Didn't he make his debut in the same game as the Russell "hot dog kid" Hoult?

Of course his name should be kept anonymous, ffs!

We run a very dangerous road if we start allowing innocent people to have their names tarnished like that. Someone pisses you off and you can accuse them of anything. Doesn't matter if it's thrown out of court and laughed at, if you've been accused of rape, even if proven innocent, there are a LOT of people (and employers) who aren't going to want to know you after that.

This i agree with

I don't know whether he or DJ did the things of which they're accused. But why are so many footballers twats?

Footballers are undereducated young men who are given status and money at an age when their contemporaries are learning about life in the lower echelons of their professions..The wonder is that footballers are not all twats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669