Some People.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nugget Head on FT

it does not state anywhere that you cant take a non walking child into the ground (as per what PJ said on tv) and he hasnt even had the decency to make me an offer of anything. No apology no incentive to return no gift no travel money no gesture of goodwill no nothing. That i find bizarre.

Not as bizarre as many find your behaviour and attitude.

I understand why the club have made this decision, and I agree with it. I also understand why the parents are pissed off.

What I don't understand is the attitude of some of the fans on here towards the parents. OK, they may have made a bad call, but to imply that they don't deserve to have children,or they should have been given an injection to stop them having them, is a tad a ludicrous, and maybe a little nasty IMO.

We all make mistakes and bad decisions, it's a fact of life.

Last edited:
That b*astard Peter Jones wouldn't let my granny in the other week using the specious argument that people on a life support machine and being wheeled on a hospital trolley might be a possible danger to themselves or other people. I said that there were no signs up forbidding this and could I have £5 million or a free meal to make me feel better. He refused, so I'm going to appear on the telly to prove to everybody what a nobhead I am. That'll show him!

Taking any under 5 to a football match seems a bit pointless to me,I think the parents do it for their own benefit rather than the childs

Taking any under 5 to a football match seems a bit pointless to me,I think the parents do it for their own benefit rather than the childs
My Daughter is three and she loves it. TBH, I'd rather she didn't go sometimes, but she wants to. To me, that isn't "pointless", but I do see your point and maybe others are guilty of just that.

I'm also sure there are plenty of people who can't get babysitters and need to take their kid/s with them. Again, not pointless.

I understand why the club have made this decision, and I agree with it. I also understand why the parents are pissed off.

What I don't understand is the attitude of some of the fans on here towards the parents. OK, they may have made a bad call, but to imply that they don't deserve to have children,or they should have been given an injection to stop them having them, is a tad a ludicrous, and maybe a little nasty IMO.
We all make mistakes and bad decisions, it's a fact of life.

The only thing I find nasty and ludicrous are the idiot parents who would be stupid enough to think that a 5 week old baby would be fine at a football match in near freezing conditions. Only a total tool would consider doing this imo. Thats without mentioning the health & safety aspect of it. It is ridiculous and bad parenting. It seems that showing the new kid off as a fashion accessory or their love of the club seems to be more important than the child.

It is ridiculous and bad parenting.
I never said it wasn't.

If you're a parent you'll know that we make mistakes, we're not perfect. Only if there's a deliberate attempt to harm the child, or persistently making these blunders should their right to be a parent be questioned.

Last edited:
Crikey anybody would think babies have never seen the cold before! We live in England where it is cold for a good proportion of the year and shops like Mothercare cater for this by selling warm clothes and blankets - it's amazing stuff.

I can understand the argument from the club on a health and safety issue but for people to suggest that parents are stupid for taking a baby out in the cold is laughable. Will anybody say anything to parents pushing pushchairs/prams around town to do their Christmas shopping?

Just had a read on this discussion on the other side. Personally I think when you have a child you've got to realise that you're not going to be able to do everything you used to do right away.

I think the point is that a 5 week old baby is going not going to know what the hell is going on at a football match. The soul reason he/she is there is because the parents want to be, not to provide entertainment for the baby. Where as a 2 year old is a lot more aware of his/her surroundings (although at the Walkers might not be interested in them!)

The guy is definitely off my Christmas card list. In fact, I'm not going to wish him a happy Christmas at all.

I never said it wasn't.

If you're a parent you'll know that we make mistakes, we're not perfect. Only if there's a deliberate attempt to harm the child, or persistently making these blunders should their right to be a parent be questioned.

I am a parent and yes we all do things wrong. The difference is you or I wouldn't try to get a freebie out of it when they realise just how stupid we had been and then go to the press. :102:

I am a parent and yes we all do things wrong. The difference is you or I wouldn't try to get a freebie out of it when they realise just how stupid we had been and then go to the press. :102:
Yes, I agree 100%. The behaviour afterwards does seem to be one of no regrets and "the world owes us this".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them at all, not in the slightest, all I'm saying is that their actions are not actions where their right to be parents should be lost.

Just had a read on this discussion on the other side. Personally I think when you have a child you've got to realise that you're not going to be able to do everything you used to do right away.

I think the point is that a 5 week old baby is going not going to know what the hell is going on at a football match. The soul reason he/she is there is because the parents want to be, not to provide entertainment for the baby. Where as a 2 year old is a lot more aware of his/her surroundings (although at the Walkers might not be interested in them!)

The guy is definitely off my Christmas card list. In fact, I'm not going to wish him a happy Christmas at all.

I can see your point Tommy but a 5 week old baby doesn't know what is going on when walking to the shops, walking the dog, walking his/her older brother/sister to school, going Christmas shopping or waiting at a bus stop either.

Personally I think it's a waste of time, and money, to take a baby to the football for the same reasons you have stated. What I am pointing out is that for people to suggest that taking a baby out in the cold is bad parenting, is ridiculous.

I often call these people as ****s tbh.

When/if you finally have children of your own, you will realise that the real ***** are those who have no understanding of parenthood whatsoever and blindly make ignorant statements such as that

Nor would we try to pretend that fuel for a 70-mile round-trip costs £30.

giving the parents two free tickets to any game of their choosing wouldn't hurt to show good will

or why not let them watch the game in some corporate box that's sitting empty?

all about PR darlings...

giving the parents two free tickets to any game of their choosing wouldn't hurt to show good will

all about PR darlings...

If they do it once then they will have to do it everytime a load of equally thick feckers do the same for a freebie in a box. They deserve nothing more than derision.

When/if you finally have children of your own, you will realise that the real ***** are those who have no understanding of parenthood whatsoever and blindly make ignorant statements such as that

Hence the reason I said 'tbh'. I am currently a snotty nosed 20 year old who has the mental age of a 15 year old. I couldn't give toss so speak but I am sure experience will change my stance around.

Last edited:

all about PR darlings...

But it's excellent PR

The type that might deter complete thickos from doing something like this in the future, and might also deter scratting feckers from trying to con the club out of a freebie for absolutely no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669