Some perspective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

Well with a terrible start to the season it is all doom and gloom & according to us fans we have so many problems it is an irreconcilable mess with no hope.

I am a pessimist by nature and too fear the worst.

However, IF we had managed to get a point at Palace (some say we should have done), beaten Middlesborough (which in my opinion we should have done) and beaten Reading (which could have easily happened based on the chances we missed/saved/disallowed etc) we would be on 7 points and looking up.

Would us fans still be still be wanting mass changes and blaming everyone from the tea lady right through to the new (potential) owners for our clubs demise or would we be saying things like Sousa's message is getting through, win the next couple and we will be in the top 6, when we really hit our straps etc etc..

Football is a game of such fine margins that what one week is a car crash can be a rosy garden the next week? :102:

Just a thought? Let's all just hope that things click for our team sooner rather than later because I am fed up of being depressed! Suppose there is always my other team, Leicestershire County Cricket Club, to raise my spirits..... hold on a minute, where's that Prozac?!

Last edited:
Well with a terrible start to the season it is all doom and gloom & according to us fans we have so many problems it is an irreconcilable mess with no hope.

I am a pessimist by nature and too fear the worst.

However, IF we had managed to get a point at Palace (some say we should have done), beaten Middlesborough (which in my opinion we should have done) and beaten Reading (which could have easily happened based on the chances we missed/saved/disallowed etc) we would be on 7 points and looking up.

Would us fans still be still be wanting mass changes and blaming everyone from the tea lady right through to the new (potential) owners for our clubs demise or would we be saying things like Sousa's message is getting through, win the next couple and we will be in the top 6, when we really hit our straps etc etc..

Football is a game of such fine margins that what one week is a car crash can the be a rosy garden the next week? :102:

Just a thought? Let's all just hope that things click for our team sooner rather than later because I am fed up of being depressed! Suppose there is always my other team, Leicestershire County Cricket Club, to raise my spirits..... hold on a minute, where's that Prozac?!

Agree :038:

As has been said elsewhere, I think most people do have a sense of perspective. And it is more the goings on, the black eyes and transfer requests that are leading the sense of doom and gloom rather than the results on their own.

As has been said elsewhere, I think most people do have a sense of perspective. And it is more the goings on, the black eyes and transfer requests that are leading the sense of doom and gloom rather than the results on their own.

I disagree. I think, for a lot of people, there is nothing so exciting as a crisis (see my avatar).

If we had won all our games 10-0 we'd be top

Thought someone would come in with a post like that.

I was merely trying to say that fans reactions can be altered by the finest of margins or maybe you didn't understand the gist of the post?

So transfer requests from Neilson, DJ and Ambrusiacs and a black eye that was caused when Paulo knocked a bottle off the top shelf and it hit his head are the cause of all this?

Thought someone would come in with a post like that.

I was merely trying to say that fans reactions can be altered by the finest of margins or maybe you didn't understand the gist of the post?

But in the same way we could have lost against Boro and conceded even more against Burnley.....fact being that so far we have got what we deserved from games this season. despite the utter bollocks that Sousa spouts about being unlucky, people living in the real world accept that we're ****ing terrible at the minute

But in the same way we could have lost against Boro and conceded even more against Burnley.....fact being that so far we have got what we deserved from games this season. despite the utter bollocks that Sousa spouts about being unlucky, people living in the real world accept that we're ****ing terrible at the minute

I agree we have been poor. Undoubtedly.

However I don't agree we have what we deserve so far... in my opinion we were better than (and should have beaten) Boro and were unlucky not to have got at least a point yesterday (albeit by playing without a defence!).

If some players want out, presumably that is because they feel they cannot/do not want to play the Sousa way. They were Pearson's players, so if they cannot change then they are better off going and making way for others that are more adaptable.

I heard no end of people bemoaning the fact that teams like Spain and Brazil play flair football and England were just a bunch of 'kick and rush' bruisers.

Now we have a manager who wants to try the 'continental' style and we should support him. He had last season with Swansea so he is familiar with the realities of the Championship.

I am sure he is as concerned about the frailty of our defence. For all his end of season misdemeanors, Brown was a big, strong steadying influence and we need someone else like him.

As for the rest adapt or go. Pearson has gone so they cannot say 'But Nigel did it this way'.

As for the fitness thing. They are supposed to be professional athletes. They know where the gym is. There is no end of available advice for them. It should be their personal responsibility to make themselves fit enough to play for 90 minutes at full pace.

I wish people would stop bloody harping on about Wayne Brown!!

For reasons that can't be posted he HAD to leave. It's not the first time he's had to leave a club because of off-the-field matters and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the last.

You can't 'excuse' players for their behaviour just because you think they could/should do/did a job for us.

And actually talking about his abilities......I actually don't think he was as good as Kisnorbo, who NP got rid of to bring Brown in.
Though imo I think he would've been as much of a liability as Moreno this season.

I agree we have been poor. Undoubtedly.

However I don't agree we have what we deserve so far... in my opinion we were better than (and should have beaten) Boro and were unlucky not to have got at least a point yesterday (albeit by playing without a defence!).

Jimmy, hope you don't mind me being forward, you are fighting a losing battle. Some people do not want to get perspective upon the situation. It is, however, good to know that everyone on here is not in headless chicken mode.

Football is a game of such fine margins that what one week is a car crash can be a rosy garden the next week? :102:

To be fair, I think most of what I've read over the last 24 hours hasn't been over the top - it seems to be a pretty honest appraisal of where we are at the moment...and that just happens to be a bit less than half empty.

An argument can also be made, if you trust Wiki managerial stats, that this is as good as it's going to get with Sousa.

Football, as well as being a game of fine margins, is a game built on hope. The hope for this season was crafted from the resolute efforts of last season; it was built on the efforts of players and the results. Now you have a situation where those players are not conforming to their prior performances, where the squad has not been developed in line with expectations and the results are not what we have become used to over the last two seasons. Hope is legitimately ebbing away.

What you are asking people to do is not to be reasonable and have perspective, you are asking them to have blind faith in a positive future, that everything will turn out OK. I don't swallow that from religious nutters, I'm not about to start with football.

I don't feel that sacking a manager is a solution but I do believe it's my right to say he isn't convincing me he can deliver anything other than the wrong pizza. And it will be cold. And the toppings will be stuck to the lid.

If some players want out, presumably that is because they feel they cannot/do not want to play the Sousa way. They were Pearson's players, so if they cannot change then they are better off going and making way for others that are more adaptable.

I heard no end of people bemoaning the fact that teams like Spain and Brazil play flair football and England were just a bunch of 'kick and rush' bruisers.

Now we have a manager who wants to try the 'continental' style and we should support him. He had last season with Swansea so he is familiar with the realities of the Championship.

I am sure he is as concerned about the frailty of our defence. For all his end of season misdemeanors, Brown was a big, strong steadying influence and we need someone else like him.

As for the rest adapt or go. Pearson has gone so they cannot say 'But Nigel did it this way'.

As for the fitness thing. They are supposed to be professional athletes. They know where the gym is. There is no end of available advice for them. It should be their personal responsibility to make themselves fit enough to play for 90 minutes at full pace.

Spot on Mr True Blue :038:

I'm not going to panic with cries of Sousa out. We played some good stuff at times yesterday and let ourselves down with some defensive slips which in the past we did not make as often or had previously got away with

Swansea were 20th after 6 games as this shows last season in September and later that month only just won their first home game before then going on an unbeaten run until November and of course kept on thereafter to remain a fixture in the top 6 until Blackpool's late run kicked them out.

So give the guy a little more time is what I say and as these upcoming fixtures (see below) show with the exception of QPR (who even the sheep nearly beat yesterday) they are ALL very winable games and ones we would not have thought of losing before the season started. One of the teams we have already beat (ableit in the Cup) so I can see that this changeover of tactics/defensive system will take time and hopefully soon we will start to get the results.

So as he took over at Swansea at the start of last season and took a little while to get it right that the same could happen again with City.

But of course at some stage if the results do not come through then things will have to change, hopefully this will not happen as we will start getting the results, starting by beating Covscum next time out.

September
Saturday 11: Coventry (A)
Tuesday 14: Cardiff (H)
Saturday 18: QPR (H)
Friday 24: Portsmouth (A)
Tuesday 28: Norwich (A)
October
Saturday 2: Scunthorpe (H)
Saturday 16: Hull (H)
Tuesday 19: Leeds (A)
Monday 25: Swansea (A)
Saturday 30: Preston (H)

Last edited:
Never seem a more inept performance at Centre back in a City shirt for years than Moreno yesterday. And yes, I was at Forest last season when Brown had a stinker!! Sousa looked like he did not know what to do when the cameras went in for a close up yesterday. I am worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566