Souness......?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy Genius said:
What is better out there then? Gregory, Tony Adams, Tony Blair?

We have to accept that once CL has gone there is feck all out there with any reputation to fill the vacancy that LCFC will have. I for one dont want some tosser from the lower leagues using us a guineapig to try and make a name for himself. I would rather dip a little deeper into the coffers and get a name in to manage us. Much much safer.

LOL

I love the fact that you want CL out soo much even though you admit there are no decent managers about and you think we will be able to tempt a big name to come and manager us by giving them a big wad of cash!!

If people are gonna start being silly then i think we should go for Gullit! He did well at chelsea and has lots of experience. When we get him give him some moneyand he will be able to buy loads of good players!! :038: :icon_conf

Souness is an arrogant tw*t who does not deserve to be a manager
he may seem to be a disciplinarian on the outside but inside he cant keep his players under control and is constantly falling out with them
if things go wrong he is deviod of ideas

A guy I work with's brother plays for Newcastle reserves/youth. He reckons none of the players respect Souness, they like him as a bloke but dont respect his woeful managerial record. The only one they respect is Saunders, which suprises me as he is just Souness' 'yes man'. Incidentally, Steven Carr is not injured he had a full on brawl with Souness in the changing rooms apaarently.

No thanks.

Are we not missing a point here - if we can no longer afford Premiership players on Premiership wages we cannot afford Premiership managers. There's no way we'll get a Bruce or a Moyes even if they do end up being available because we won't be able to afford to pay them!!!

Souness might be alright for centre midfield though..........

Fox From The Hudd said:
Are we not missing a point here - if we can no longer afford Premiership players on Premiership wages we cannot afford Premiership managers. There's no way we'll get a Bruce or a Moyes even if they do end up being available because we won't be able to afford to pay them!!!

Souness might be alright for centre midfield though..........

if they have failed in the prem they will need to be prepared to accept less.

In theory yes though it is debatable whether they have failed - Moyes getting Everton in the CL etc but that's not how these guys think. They'll have had their contracts paid up and be able to sit back and wait for a role that suits them (and pays thems what they want)....

Fox From The Hudd said:
In theory yes though it is debatable whether they have failed - Moyes getting Everton in the CL etc but that's not how these guys think. They'll have had their contracts paid up and be able to sit back and wait for a role that suits them (and pays thems what they want)....

how many premiership teams will want them? Peter Taylor dropped two divisions when we sacked him.

Feriol said:
how many premiership teams will want them? Peter Taylor dropped two divisions when we sacked him.

Bruce and Moyes have far better records than that individual and I'd love to think we'd get them but they won't rush into a job.....look at Hoddle as an example

Fox From The Hudd said:
Bruce and Moyes have far better records than that individual and I'd love to think we'd get them but they won't rush into a job.....look at Hoddle as an example

hoddle has had a longer career, and i expect, more in the bank. Moyes may still 'Need' a job.

would be a brilliant choice and in my opinion one of the best managers to come on the open market for a long time - but let's do the reality check Everton have just won their last two games and if we're willing to stick by CL....

Feriol said:
hoddle has had a longer career, and i expect, more in the bank. Moyes may still 'Need' a job.

Moyes IMO for his achievements in getting Everton into the Champions League, will as long as he doesnt get them relegated, be in a job there as long as he wishes. If for any reason it did turn sour for him, then I would imagine that his CV would ensure he would manage a premiership club for sure, even if it were to be one of the strugglers, I cannot imagine a manager of Moyes's calibre being allowed to rot in the lower leagues.

Last edited:
Fox From The Hudd said:
Everton have just won their last two games and if we're willing to stick by CL....

thats the problem. we need to work out a way to sabotage everton. hmm.......

Is everyone going completely fecking mad? Moyes to leave Everton? Eh? What planet are you all on? He's turning it round there, Bill Kenright loves his arse, there's no way he'll be leaving Goodison Park in the near future IMO - same with Steve Bruce at Birmingham, Gold loves him and they picked up a good win against Wigan last time out.

I''m all for good banter and chat - but really, this is all getting a little silly. Levine is getting the kitty and that's that.

alex said:
Is everyone going completely fecking mad? Moyes to leave Everton? Eh? What planet are you all on? He's turning it round there, Bill Kenright loves his arse, there's no way he'll be leaving Goodison Park in the near future IMO - same with Steve Bruce at Birmingham, Gold loves him and they picked up a good win against Wigan last time out.

I''m all for good banter and chat - but really, this is all getting a little silly. Levine is getting the kitty and that's that.

sorry mister, won't happen again:105:

not even gonna bother replying to this thread its bollo............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669